- Text Size +

Meanwhile in the small town of summerset, Kentucky a young girl stepped off a yellow school bus and adjusted her backpack as she walked to the sidewalk.

She felt nervous as she began walking down the street towards her home. If her mother was working late again it would mean she would be alone with Tyler, her mom’s boyfriend.

The last few times she and Tyler were alone things went terribly. Tyler took full advantage of being alone with her and forced himself on her.

She tried to tell her mother about the sexual assault but she hadn’t believed her. In fact her mother had punished her for saying such “horrible lies” about the man she loved.

Needless to say her home life was not good. She hated being home. She often thought about running away but with nowhere to go she decided staying was the better choice. Sure she was sexually assaulted and often beat but she was clothed, fed and had a roof over her head.

As she reached her home she found only Tyler’s red pickup truck in the driveway. She almost felt like crying. She stopped for a second and considered staying outside till her mom came home. The more she thought about it however the less it seemed like a good idea.

She knew if Tyler caught her sitting outside he would be pissed and his wrath would be even worse. If her mother caught her outside she would be angry also because it would mean her homework wasn’t finished. She’d get beat for sure if it wasn’t finished.

Knowing the only option was to go inside she prayed for a miracle. Maybe, just maybe Tyler would be sleeping and she could sneak to her room without him seeing her. If she could just make it to her room then she could lock herself inside and be safe.

She took a deep breath and ever so slowly opened the front door. It squeaked a little and she froze for a second.

Hearing nothing she continued inside and softly shut the door. So far, so good. She turned and saw him sleeping on couch. Her room was a mere few steps away. As she began to move towards the safety of her room she stepped on one of the dogs squeaky toys. Her breath caught in her chest as her eyes shut tight.

On the couch she heard Tyler waking up. Her heart began to beat rapidly. “Well hello there.”

She heard him stand and she opened her eyes. She stood perfectly still and said nothing.

“Your mom’s not here yet so we have time to play a bit.” He moved towards her

. “Please…” She almost whimpered trailing off.

“Come on sweetie, don’t be like that. We both know you love my extra special attention.” He placed his hand on her shoulder and rubbed it a little. His tall, skinny yet built frame seemed to over tower her. “After all, the attention I give you is so much better than the attention your mom gives you.”

 

“No, please.” She tried not to cry. “Please Tyler.”

“Come on babe, you know your begging isn’t gonna help.” He took her backpack off her and placed it on the floor. He then wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck.

Her hands grabbed his bare arms and tried to pull them off but it was useless. He adjusted his grip and lifted her off the ground. She struggled against him as he took her down the hall to the room he and her mother shared.

“Stop, please.”

“Shut up.” He tossed her onto the bed. He was already shirtless so he got to work removing his pants. After wrestling her and getting her clothes off he proceeded to pin her down and please himself. She cried and fought against him the entire time but he was much too strong for her.

Upon finishing he stood and put his boxers back on. “Here,” He said after grabbing something from her mother dresser. He then tossed a small box at her. “Take one of those and put em’ back.” He then put his pants on and threw her clothes at her.

She ignored him however and just continued to cry.

“Do what I said or I’ll give you something to cry about.” He snarled.

She sniffled and did her best to will the tears away. The box he had tossed at her was the morning after pill. He always made her take one. She wasn’t sure why her mother needed them but it was the least of her worries. She knew what they were for and agreed it was a good idea to take one.

She then awkwardly dressed as he watched. After putting the box back where Tyler got it she grabbed her backpack from the living room and then locked herself in her room.

Tears poured down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably. She fell onto her bed and shoved her tear covered face into a pillow. She felt terrible. She could still feel Tyler pressed against her naked flesh. It was the worst feeling ever.

Soon she somehow managed to stop the tears. She had to get to work on her homework. If it wasn’t done when her mom got home she’d be in trouble. Considering she had no idea when her mom would arrive home she tried to hurry.

High school work was hard for her but she pushed herself to do the best she possibly could. It was the one thing she had to be proud of. She wasn’t the smartest but it didn’t matter to her. She gave it her all and that’s what counted in her book.

Not long later her mother could be heard coming in the front door. She could hear Tyler making over her.

She tried to hurry to finish up the last of her math.

“Where is she?” Her mom asked.

Once again her heart began to pound. She was scared because her work wasn’t done.

“Where the brat always is.” He replied.

Suddenly she heard her mother trying to enter the room.

She rushed to unlock the door. Her mom hated when the door was locked.

“How many times do I have to tell you about this door?” Her mom yelled.

“I’m sorry.” She replied.

Her mother shook her head and pushed past her. Reaching her small desk she began to look through her work. “This isn’t finished.”

“It almost is. Science was really hard.” She half lied.

“I don’t give a damn! You know the rules!” She yelled and moved toward her.

The young girl backed against the wall knowing what was coming. “Please mom, I’m sorry.”

Without another word her mother slapped her across the face. Tyler appeared at the door and silently watched as his girlfriend furiously beat the young girl. When she finished the young girl laid on the floor in pain and crying once again. “And no dinner tonight!” Her mom yelled and left the room.

Before leaving Tyler walked over and looked down at her, “Told you my attention is better than hers.” He laughed a little and left.