- Text Size +

As Brian and his girlfriend neared a terminal gate inside an airport they could see Nick enthusiastically talking to AJ.

“You!” He said spotting Jennifer. He walked away from AJ and patted Brian on the head as he passed right by him.

“Nice to see you too Nick.” Brian sarcastically commented as he watched Nick approach Jenny.

“I have you to thank.” He smiled and hugged her.

She stood looking totally lost, “What for?” She looked at Brian then back to Nick who pulled away.

“For Sarah, she is amazing!” Nick grinned.

Jennifer smiled, “I’m so glad you think so. You two seemed to really hit it off when we came over the other night.”

“Oh they did more then hit it off.” AJ added walking over.

“We spent four hours on the phone last night talking.” Nick explained.

“Wow, I’m impressed.” Brian grinned. He was glad to see Nick liked Sarah so much. He had thought she seemed like a great girl and he knew it was long past time for Nick to find a girl like her.

“He’s like a love sick puppy.” Justin shook his head as he suddenly appeared with the adults.

“Oh hush.” Nick retaliated.

AJ and Brian laughed but Jennifer smiled, “That’s really great Nick. I knew you two would be perfect together.”

“Yeah, I mean we aren’t a couple or anything but I can really see it heading in that direction. “

“Justin, give it back now!” Jake stormed up to the group looking angry.

Nick instantly rolled his eyes, “Give what back?”

“My lucky guitar pick, I know he took it.” He crossed his arms over his chest.  The two twins were always at each other.

“I didn’t take your stupid guitar pick.”

“Justin, you always steal his pick.” AJ’s son commented. He had followed Jake over to the group.

“Thanks Drew.” Justin nodded.

“Just give it back to him and both of you stop acting like a bunch of babies.” Nick complained.

“Come on looser.” Justin rolled his eyes and the three children walked away.

“This girl may not stick around long after she gets to know those two.” AJ shook his head.

“Actually she said she didn’t mind my having kids. She even said she respected me for being a good father.” Nick looked a bit boastful.

“Guys, we’ll be boarding in ten minutes. “ A crew member commented quickly walking over.

“Ok, thanks.” Brian told him and watched as he walked away.

“You better call Kevin, he’s not here yet.” Jennifer walked close to him.

“Yeah…” He trailed off and put his arms around her. “I still wish you were coming with me.”

“I’ll come out to visit when I can.” She reassured him.

He kissed her gently and ran his fingers through her blond hair. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too baby.” She kissed him again then said goodbye and walked away.

“You two are so cute you make me sick.” AJ teased him.

“Shut up and call Howie.” He said and pulled out his own phone. He dialed Kevin’s number but just as he was about to hit the call button he spotted his cousin.

“Dude, you’re never late.” Brian commented.

“I know, I forgot to set my alarm.” The older man shook his head and looked around. “Please don’t tell me Kristen hasn’t showed up.”

“Nope, sorry Cuz.” Brian told him.

He never said a word in return. He just pulled out his cell phone and made a call.

“Where are you?” He asked.

Brian watched as his cousin seemed to get agitated. Ever since the divorce he always got upset when he talked to Kristen.

“I don’t care. You said you’d have him here.”

“Howie said he’d be here in a second.” AJ placed his phone back in his pocket.

“Damn it Kristen, we have a custody agreement. You can’t keep him from me.” Kevin looked enraged now.

AJ and Brian stood silently watching the eldest member of their group.

“I don’t care what he did or didn’t do at school. You can’t punish him by grounding him from tour.” It was obvious he was holding in rage.

“Ya know what; I’ll just call my lawyer.” He paused. “Oh so when I decided to get legal you decide to back off?”

“Makes me glad Drew’s mom took off.” AJ shook his head.

“Makes me glad I’m not a dad.” Brian agreed.

“My flight leaves any minuet. There’s no way you’ll make it.” Again he paused, “No, he isn’t flying alone.”

“Hey guys, is he on the phone with Kristen?” Howie said walking up with Max.

They just nodded and kept watching Kevin.

“I don’t… Wait, I’ll have Andre come get him. The two of them can catch the next flight out.” He ran a hand over his face. “Yeah, tell him to start packing.” He nodded. “ok, bye.”

As he hung up he walked towards the body guards but paused at the guys as he did, “She tried to ground him from coming on tour without telling me because he cut gym class and was caught making out with his girlfriend.”

With that he walked away. The boys looked at each other for a moment. Brian then broke the awkwardness by saying, “So, weathers been kinda crazy huh?”