- Text Size +

“Come on dad, at least let me call her and tell her I’m grounded from my phone. She’s probably freaking out cause I haven’t talked to her in two days.” Danny stood in a dressing room backstage talking to his father.

“I’m sorry Daniel. You can have your phone back at the end of this week. I think the two of you could use a little break anyway.” Kevin stood firm on the punishment he had handed out for his son’s actions at school.

He wanted to argue back so desperately but he knew better. If he did however, it would certainly end up with him being grounded from his phone for even longer.

“Danny, why don’t you go and find Justin and Jake for me instead of bugging your old man?” Nick tossed out from the other side of the room.

Really he didn’t want to but he figured Nick’s question was more an instruction then it was a favor. “Alright,” He couldn’t help but roll his eyes as he left the room.

As he turned a corner he ran into Brian. Brian hands flew out and caught him just before he could fall to the ground.

“Sorry ‘bout that.” He said gaining his composure.

“It’s alright. Are you ok?” Brian asked him.

The younger boy nodded, “Yeah, I’m just trying to find the twins. Have you seen them?”

“Yeah, last I saw they were outside playing basketball with Max and Drew.” He point behind him.

“Thanks.” He said not sounding very enthused.

“You sure you’re cool?” Brian questioned before letting him go.

“Yeah, it’s just dad. He won’t let me have my phone long enough for me to let Zoe know I’m grounded. She’s gonna think I’m breaking up with her.” Danny seemed very upset. He liked Zoe a lot. They had been dating for almost seven month now.

“I’ll see if I can talk Kev into shooting her text from your cell so she isn’t worried.”

“Thanks Uncle Bri.” He smiled.

The curly haired man messed up his hair and walked away.

Danny walked on in the direction Brian had indicated. Soon he could see a door propped open by a metal chair. Through the gap in the door he could see some of the body guards smoking and chatting.

Opening the door he started to ask, “Hey have you guys seen,” He stopped as he spotted them. “…Never mind.”

“There are no do overs. You missed, get over it.” Drew laughed.

“I suck at basketball.” Max shook his head.

“Jake, Justin, your dad wants you.” Danny cut it.

“Must be time to get ready for the show.” Justin tossed the basketball at Drew.

“Yeah, later guys.” Jake agreed and off they went. Their two body guards followed them in.

“So, what’s the word humming bird?” Drew tossed the ball at Danny who almost missed it due to not paying attention.

“Uh, nothing.” He shook his head and took a shot. He missed.

“You miss Zoe don’t you lover boy?” Max teased.

He did. He missed her a lot. The problem was that he couldn’t admit it to his guy friends. “Nah, I’m good.” He lied.

“Whatever, the second you got here Kev confiscated your cell and you haven’t talk to her since. Admit it, you’re like a lost love sick puppy.” Drew now shooting the ball as he laughed.

Danny was a bit embarrassed, “At least I have a girlfriend to miss.”

“Lame.” Max coughed making drew crack up.

“Excuse me.” The boys heard a voice and looked to see two officers standing near them.

Quickly Tony and Mike, Max and Drew’s body guards walked towards the boys. Andre quickly put out the cigarette he had just lit and came over also.

“Can we help you?” Andre asked.

The boys were a bit nervous.

“We’re here for Brian Littrell.” One of the officers explained.

The boys couldn’t believe what they had just heard. They looked between each other and then to Andre.

“Uh, yeah…” He too seemed taken back.

“Come on boys.” Drew’s body guard, Mike instructed taking them in.

“This way.” Tony and Andre told the officers and took them to find Brian.

As the officers went inside the boys disregarded Mike’s instructions and followed them.

“Uh, Brian…” Andre got his attention as he and officers walked in the room.

Tony tried to convince the boys to go away but they refused and entered the room.

“Uncle Bri, who’d you kill?” Max asked.

Howie quickly smacked the back of his head.

“Brian Littrell?” An officer questioned.

“Yes sir,” He stepped forward.

“We have a warrant for your expedition to the state of Kentucky for questioning.”  He pulled some papers out of an envelope and handed them to him.

Brian’s heart jumped into his through as he and Kevin read over the papers.

“You’ll need to come with us.” He insisted.

“I, My lawyer, the concert…” Brian was at a loss for words.

“You can contact your lawyer on the way and I’m sorry about the concert but we can’t do anything about it.” The second officer said and stepped forward. He grabbed Brian upper arms gently.

“Is he under arrest?” Kevin worried.

“No, not at this time.”

Brian wanted to cry. He was confused. He couldn’t think of anything he had done wrong.

“Let’s go.”

With that they took Brian from the room and whist him away.