- Text Size +

“Mr. Littrell, take a seat.” Detective Nick harshly instructed.

“Easy Detective.” His lawyer warned.

They all walked into a room. Detective Kathy entered last and closed the door behind her.

“I refuse to answer any question until you tell me what this is all about.” Brian demanded. No one had told him anything. This was the first he had gotten tot alk to anyone that even knew anything.

“You’re being investigated for your possible connection to a child abuse and rape case.” Kathy explained. She looked angry toward Brian.

Brian’s face became confused and shocked. He looked to his lawyer as his heart jumped into his mouth.

“Detectives, I can assure you my client has had nothing to do with anything of the sort.”

“That’s nice of you to say Mr. Lowell but I don’t buy it.” Nick began. He ran his hand through his dark hair then looked to Brian who was very upset.

Brian worried maybe a fan had lied and said he hurt them.

“What I can’t believe is that you would actually go along with it all.” Kathy accused.

Brian shook his head and clasped his hands together.

“You call yourself the golden boy and claim to be Christian all while allowing the mother of your child to beat the crap out of her. I mean why would a “man of God” not report that?” Nick nearly shouted.

“The what of my what?” Brian practically screeched and turned a little pale.

“Don’t act like you have no idea what we’re talking about.” Nick warned.

“You know Nick, he probably didn’t report it cause he was getting in on the action too.” Kathy offered.

“I’ve heard enough, we’re done here.” Mr. Lowell stood. “My client does not have any children.”

“Oh really?” Nick asked grabbing a sheet of paper from a folder Kathy held. “Explain this then?” He slapped the paper on the table in front of Brian. “You’re name, birth date and birthplace on her birth certificate.”

Mr. Lowell sat back down and began looking over what was a copy of a girl birth certificate.

Brian’s body began to shake a little and he felt as though he may puke. All the information matched him.

“Brian?” His lawyer questioned.

“This has to be lie.” He shook his head. “I…” he looked at the mother’s name and info. Tonya Derringer was her name and it didn’t ring any bells for Brian’s. “No, this must be a fan or something.” Brian insisted.

Everyone in the room got silent. They all exchanged awkward looks.

“So, you never knew anything about a daughter?” Kathy asked.

“No, I swear. I can’t have a child.” Brian fought the urge to cry. All of this was just too much to bare.

Kathy and Nick looked at each other.

“I’m demanding a DNA in order to further prove my client innocents in the matter.” Mr. Lowell told them.

“Of course, I agree.” Kathy said.

“I’ll call the lab and have them send someone right away to get a sample from you.” Nick nodded.

“Rush it!” Mr. Lowell looked very angry.

The two detectives nodded and left the room quickly.

“I’m a virgin. I can’t be a father. You have to help me.” Brian insisted as he turned to Lowell.

“Don’t worry Brian.” He patted his shoulder.

“What if the press finds out? I’ll be doomed.” Brian pressed on.

“They won’t.” He was calm. Brian needed the calm to help him relax. “Here, call your cousin. I’m sure he’s worried sick.” He slid Brian’s cell phone towards him.

Brian nodded. It was a good idea.

Dialing Kevin’s number he almost held his breath.

“Bri, hello?” Kevin sounded a bit freaked out.

“It’s me. I’m ok.” He assured the older man as he stood and walked to window.

“What’s going on?” Kevin asked.

Brian looked out the window, “They thought I had something to do with child abuse and rape. I guess my name is on some little girl’s birth certificate. They thought I knew about the abuse and allowed it.”

“Brian, that’s ridiculous.”

“I know, Lowell demanded a DNA test. I just… I can’t believe they think I knew about… that.”

A moment of silence passed on the line. Brian really didn’t know what to say.

“Brian…” Kevin broke in.

“Yeah?” He scratched his head and sat down.

“Are you sure this kid isn’t yours?” Kevin asked.

“No way, you have to have sex to produce a child Kevin.” Brian seemed offended.

“What? Bria-“

Suddenly the door to the room opened and the detectives came in with a third person wearing a white lab coat.

“I gotta go Kevin.” Brian quickly said.

“No, wait Brian. I think you-“ It was too late. Brian hung up on Kevin and never heard the rest of what he was saying.

The man from the lab simply collected two DNA samples from Brian and left. Brian then was told he was free to go but quickly explained he was not to leave the state.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm glad you all are liking this story. Thank you so much for reading and leaving reviews!