- Text Size +

AJ woke up early and made breakfast for Alissa and himself. When he brought it up to her, he found her sitting in the chair by the window.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be in bed?”

 

Alissa jumped a little as she snapped back into reality.

 

“Sorry AJ but I can’t spend every waking minute in bed. I’ll lie down again in a little while but I just want to sit her and enjoy the view for a bit.”

 

“Mind some company?”

 

Alissa was shocked. “You’re not going to argue with me about the bed?”

 

AJ sighed. “Would it change your mind if I did?”

 

“No, it wouldn’t.” she said and smiled.

 

“Didn’t think so. You are the most stubborn woman I think I have ever met.” He grinned at her.

 

“Thanks. That’s a compliment coming from the most stubborn man on the planet. I guess that’s why we make such a good pair.”

 

AJ felt his heart soar. He smiled and sat down across from her on the window seat. He reached out for her hand and she gave it to him.

 

“We really do make a good pair Liss.”

 

She smiled back and he leaned towards her. He was just about to kiss her when his mom came in.

 

“Good morning you two.” She smiled and noticed how close they were sitting. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you. I’ll be downstairs if you need anything.”

 

She backed out quietly and closed the door. Alissa and AJ both started laughing.

 

“I feel like I just got caught with my hand in the cookie jar.” AJ said.

 

“Mmmm.. cookies…” Alissa said smiling.

 

“Seriously? You want cookies right now?”

 

She looked at his sheepishly. “Maybe? It’s one of those pregnancy things.”

 

He smiled. “Alright. I’ll go get you some. Be back in a little while.”

 

He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. “Call me if you need anything ok?”

 

“I will.”

 

He started to leave but she suddenly grabbed his hand. It didn’t matter anymore and if she was making a mistake, let it be a mistake. She pulled him down next to her, cupped his face in her hands and kissed him lightly.

 

AJ was so surprised that he didn’t even know what to do. He pulled back and looked her in the eyes. The way her eyes shined at him made him see that she loved him just as much as she did before. He was so grateful for that and he kissed her back fiercely.

 

“As soon as I get back, we’re going to talk lady!” he said and kissed her again. He ran downstairs and out to his truck. This was going to be the fastest trip to the store he had ever made.