- Text Size +

The next few weeks flew by and it was the night before Kat was leaving to go back to Boston. She had already stayed longer than she had planned and would be starting the new school year in two weeks. They were lying in bed and neither one really knew what to say. It was one of the rare times that they were uncomfortable with each other.

 AJ finally broke the tension. "Are you sure you have to leave tomorrow?"

 Kat sighed. "You know I do. I have meetings for work that I need to go to and I need to get ready for the new year. I already stayed three weeks longer AJ."

"I know you did. I just don't want you to go. I'm so used to having you here in bed with me every night and in my life every day. It's going to be harder on me than you know to not have you with me."

 This was a topic of discussion every day for the last week. Kat hated leaving but she had responsibilities that she needed to deal with.

 "I'm always with you AJ, I just might not be here physically."

 "That's not the same Kat and you know it."

 "I know but it's the best I can do for now. I have to keep my job and I have a home that I need to go back to."

 AJ knew what he had todo. "What if this became your home?"

Kat looked at him completely confused.

 AJ pulled a key out of the bedside table and handed it to Kat. "What if you moved out here with me?"

 Kat had no idea what to say. She kept turning the key over and over in her hand.

 "Please Kat. Come out here and live with me. You know how much I love you and it's going to be hell for me to not be with you." He leaned over so his face was over hers. "I have never loved anyone as much as I love you Kat. I can be myself with you and that has been so hard for me in the past. I promise to take care of you and you can find a job out here. Please don't leave."

 Kat's eyes filled with tears. She loved him so much but everything was going so fast. "Can I sleep on it?"

 AJ rolled over and sighed. He hated that she was still considering leaving but at least she hadn't said no.

 "Will you tell me tomorrow?"

 "Yes AJ I will."

 He rolled back over to face her. "I love you Kat."

 "I love you too AJ."