- Text Size +

A few hours later, they were both dressed again and AJ called for a car to take them to the rest of the surprise. He had chartered a boat so that they could take a cruise around some of the islands and enjoy a romantic dinner.

 Kat was shocked when they pulled up to the pier. She knew he had arranged for a boat but this was a ridiculous.

 AJ saw the look on her face and chuckled. “You might want to pick your jaw up off the floor before we get out.”

 Kat elbowed him in the side. “Very funny. When you said you chartered a boat, I thought you meant a sailboat or something, not a yacht!”

 AJ laughed as the car came to a stop. He went around to the trunk and pulled out some bags.

 “What are those for?”

 “Well, I didn’t exactly tell you the whole surprise. We’re going to stay out on the boat tonight.”

 “I didn’t bring anything with me.”

 “I don’t think you’ll need much clothing but I packed some stuff this morning and snuck it out when I left.” he said with a grin and a wink.

 “Is being in bed always on your mind?” Kat asked with a grin.

 “Only when I’m with you.” He kissed her. “You act like it’s a bad thing. I’m a physical person and I want you to feel loved. You know what they say about actions speaking louder than words.”

 “I have to give you that.” Kat went up the boarding plank and turned around to face him. “I also have to admit that your actions are pretty good.” She bolted into the interior room.

 “Pretty good? That’s it?” AJ ran up after her, dropping their bags on deck. “Get over here! I’m going to show you some great actions!”

 -------------------------- 

Kat and AJ decided to eat dinner out on the deck so they could enjoy the sunset. It was gorgeous and there was a beautiful breeze. They had just finished eating when Kat asked about the box.

 “You left a note with a box this morning telling me that I couldn’t open it. Can I have it now?”

 AJ smiled. She looked like a little girl waiting to open her Christmas presents.

 “Please AJ?” She started using the puppy dog eyes and he burst out laughing.

 “Ok, ok! I give.” He went into the cabin and came out holding the box.

 Kat pulled the ribbon off and found a small black jewelry box. Tears welled up in her eyes when she opened it. Lying inside was a yin-yang necklace. It was done with black and white diamonds and when she turned it over she saw their initials engraved in the back.

 “Do you like it?” AJ asked quietly. She hadn’t said anything and he was hoping that was because she liked it.

 Kat wiped the tears away. “It’s beautiful AJ.”

 He smiled and stood up reaching for the necklace. Kat pulled her hair back and he clasped it around her neck. She smiled up at him as he sat down.

“I know you said I wasn’t allowed to buy you anything over the summer but since you agreed to move in with me, I thought that called for a little gift.”

 “I guess I can make an exception this one time.” She played with the charm. “I love it AJ. I think that it’s the most beautiful gift I’ve ever gotten.”

 He leaned over and kissed her gently. “I love you Kat. I wanted to give you this because we may be opposites but we fit perfectly with each other and being with you makes me feel whole.”

 She looked into his eyes and she could see that he truly meant it. There were tears starting to form in his eyes too and she knew that she had made the right decision. They were going to be together no matter how anyone else felt.

 “I love you too AJ.”

 He stood up and reached out for her hand. “Would you dance with me?”

 “I would love too.” 

 They spent the rest of the night dancing and enjoying the peace they found with each other.