- Text Size +

The weeks before Thanksgiving flew by and Brenda agreed to go out to California with Kat for Thanksgiving.  AJ booked the flights and had a car service pick the girls up at Kat’s house. He promised that he and Nick would pick them up personally from the airport.

The girls departed the airplane walkway and found AJ and Nick exactly where they said they would be. Brenda was shocked when Nick bounded over to hug her. AJ swept Kat off her feet and kissed her softly.

 “I missed you.” he whispered into her ear.

 “I missed too.” Kat said with a smile. She looked over at Nick who had his arm around Brenda’s shoulder. “Apparently, we’re not the only two who missed someone.”

 AJ laughed. “Nope. He’s been a pain in the ass since you said she was coming. He even asked if he could stay at my house while you guys are here.”

 “You must have been thrilled at the idea.”

 “As long as you’re here, I don’t care who else is there. An entire army could be living in the basement and I wouldn’t give a damn.”

 He wrapped his arm around Kat’s waist and pulled her in tightly. “Let’s go get your bags.”

 ---------------------------------

After everyone got settled in, AJ asked the girls if they minded going shopping to pick up the food.

 “So, we’re just going for the ride right?” Brenda asked with a grin.

 “Of course.” Kat said with a smile. “I’m sure the boys have everything planned and under control. They know exactly what they’re getting, right guys?”

 “Right. We’re totally fine. Right J?” Nick said nodding at AJ.

 “Sure, we’re good.”

 AJ and Nick stayed silent on the ride over to the grocery store. Neither one wanted to admit to the girls that they had no idea what they were doing. They walked around the grocery store loading up on things they thought they might need while the girls watched them. After the fourth time around the produce isle, Kat stopped them.

 “Ok guys. We’ve let it go on long enough. Let us take it from here.”

 “But we’re fine.” Nick said.

 “Really? How come you bought a chicken instead of a turkey?” Brenda asked with a smirk.

 “And cantaloupe is not squash.” Kat said holding up the fruit.

 “I know when to surrender.” AJ said with a red face. “Can you guys help us with the rest of the stuff?”

 Kat and Brenda put back all the items they didn’t need and then returned to get ones that the boys had missed. It took them forever to get through the long lines but they finally headed home.

 “Who exactly is cooking on Thanksgiving?” Kat asked.

 “Me?” AJ said, part statement and part question.

 “God I hope not!” Brenda yelled. “I want to enjoy my meal not get food poisoning!” She raised her hand. “I vote for Kat.”

 “Me too!” Nick said raising his hand quickly.

 “Me three!” AJ said laughing. “Guess you’re it.”

 Kat smiled.  “Fine by me.”

 ----------------------------------- 

The foursome decided to go to dinner and to see a concert down by the beach. It was beautiful outside and they enjoyed spending time together. By the time they got back to the house, it was late and they decided to get some rest since the next two days would be busy.

 Nick and Brenda were sleeping in the guest rooms and Kat was sharing AJ’s room with him.

“So you think those two will actually spend the night in separate rooms?”

 “Not a chance.” Kat said with a smile. “They think they’re being slick but they haven’t left each other’s sides all night. I give them ten minutes.”

 As soon as she made the statement, they heard one of the doors open and close and then the other open and close.

 “Guess it didn’t even take ten minutes!” AJ said bursting into laughter.

 “I guess not.”

 AJ wrapped his arms around Kat’s waist and pulled her into a tight hug. “I am so glad you’re here.”

 “Really?” Kat asked with a grin.

“Really.” AJ said.

 “How about you show me?”

 “With pleasure!”