- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you to Sapphire, JordansLady and Hazel for the latest reviews!

“I’m sorry.” AJ whispered when he heard Kat come out and close the door.

 “It’s ok.” she replied sitting down next to him. “Want to tell me what’s going on?”

 “Michelle’s pregnant.”

 “Oh.”

 “It’s ok, you can leave.”

 Kat looked at him like he had five heads. “Leave? Are you kicking me out of my friend’s house?”

 AJ started to stand. “I’ll go.”

 “Why are you leaving?”

 Her question caused him to freeze. He was afraid to glance at her and see the look on her face.

 “Hey, I’m talking to you. Why are you leaving?” Kat asked again and stood up, her arms across her chest.

 “Because you didn’t sign up for this.”

 Kat sighed and reached out for his arm. He turned to look at her and he didn’t see what he was expecting. She held up her finger and pointed to the ring he had given her.

“Remember giving me this? This means I’ve signed up for whatever happens. You told me that you could get through anything if we’re together. Did you not mean that?”

 “Of course I meant it!”

 “Ok then.” She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. “Did you really think you were going to get rid of me that easily?”

 AJ didn’t think he could possibly love Kat any more than he did in that moment. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers.

 “I really am a lucky man.”

 “I know.” Kat said laughing. “We’ll figure out what to do together.”

 “Thank you.”

 “You don’t need to thank me AJ. I love you. I accepted this ring for better or worse. Apparently, worse just decided to come first! Really, if you think about it, things can only go up from here.”

 AJ chuckled. “I love you Kat.”

 “Love you too.”

 ---------------------

 Nick and Brenda watched the pair from the living room.

 “Wow.” Nick said. “Kat’s taking it pretty well.”

 “Why wouldn’t she?” Brenda asked.

 “Um, cause she just found out some woman is pregnant with J’s child. Not exactly good news. Most women would be running for the hills.”

 “Then you don’t know Kat as well as you thought. She loves AJ and she’s never going to give that up. They’ll get through this. Kat would never walk away unless she thought she was hurting him.”

 “Well that’ll never happen. Nothing but losing her could hurt J.”

 “That’s definitely not going to happen. I have never seen Kat this happy. They belong together.”

 Nick came over, leaned down and kissed Brenda lightly. “Never thought you’d be the romantic type.”

 Brenda smiled. “I’m not usually but seeing them makes me change my mind.”