- Text Size +

Chapter 14 Thinking The Wost

***Nick’s Point of View***

                I ran frantically out into Hurricane Irene. I couldn’t see a thing except for whatever my flashlight illuminated in front of me. The darkness and the driving rain didn’t slow me down though. I ran as fast as I possibly could screaming out my fiancé’s name at the top of my lungs. I ran around the building but Kalie was nowhere in sight and she didn’t reply to my calls.

                After what seemed like hours but in actuality was only ten minutes I became more than desperate after not finding Kalie. I started to curse myself.

                “God dammit Nick! You should’ve never let Kalie out of your sight! You know how terrified of storms she is! URGH! You are such an idiot! That fucking Marcy! I swear to God if I can’t find Kalie, Marcy will pay for what she did!”

                My rage subsided for a few seconds as a heartbreaking thought ran through my head, “What if Marcy is right? What if she had a bad panic attack? What if Kalie is… NO!” I shook the thought out of my head and continued looking, “You have to stay strong for her Nick. You will find her! She will be ok. You just have to find her.”

***Rich’s Point of View***

                I had no idea where I was going. My flashlight was starting to dim and the pouring rain was stinging my eyes but I still frantically searched for Heather.

                “I have to find her! I have to find her!” I kept repeating to myself. I kept calling her name but she didn’t answer me.

                “Is she still mad at me?” I thought aloud. “There’s no denying the fact that she has a right to be because Kelshie was right, I was a complete jerk! But if she has been pushed out into this storm wouldn’t she want to be let back inside? Wouldn’t see be happy to know that I was looking for her? Dammit I sound so conceded right now! But am I right? What if she won’t forgive me? What if I royally screwed up our relationship for good this time? What if I can’t find her? Oh God! No! Not Heather! I don’t know what I’ll do without her! I can’t lose her!” I fell to my knees and felt myself shaking.

                “HEATHER! Please answer me! I…need… I need to tell you… Heather!” my voice shook and I tried to get back up to my feet but something ran into me.

***Nick’s Point of View***

                It was a good thing that I slowed my pace down to a walk as I made my way closer to the front of the building. I wasn’t paying attention to what was in front of me and right when I turned my head my flashlight flickered off. I walked right into something and fell face first. I seemed to fall in slow motion and I was able to put my hands out in front of me so I only got a few scrapes on my hands.

                The flashlight flicked back on when it hit the ground and I crawled over to get it. I shined the light to see what I tripped over and was pretty shocked to see it was DJ Lani.

                He looked at me and I could see a flash of relief enter his eyes, “Nick, you came looking for me?”

                I didn’t want to lie to him, “My friends told me that you came out here to look for Heather but my girl’s out here too.”

                “Seriously?”

                I nodded my head, “And you’ll never guess who pushed her out.”

                “It wasn’t Marcy was it?!”

                “You hit the nail on the head.”

                “How did she even get in tonight?”

                “She disguised herself. But enough about her, let’s go find our girls.”

                “Could you help me up? My knees gave out on me.”

                I helped him up and asked, “What’s wrong?”

                He sighed and responded, “I was thinking the worst. Thinking about what would happen if I don’t find her, if I lose…”

                “You are not going to lose her. We are going to find them and they are going to be ok. And if you’re thinking that she won’t forgive you; she will. I mean come on man you ran out in a hurricane for her.”             

                “You know, for the short amount of time that we’ve known each other you really can read my mind.”

                I shrugged, “That’s what happens when we share a bus on a world tour dude. Come on let’s go find our girls.”