- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has reading and reviewing! I hope you're happy with the ending to the story and if not, let me know! Thank you to Sapphire for helping me get through the last chapter!
One year later:

“So I’m cleared?”

Dr. Anderson smiled. He watched as Kat bounced on the edge of her chair waiting to see if she was ready to continue on with life. AJ wasn’t much better as he was half sitting and half jumping on his chair.

“You are cleared.”

“Woohoo!” AJ yelled and pulled Kat up. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her passionately.

“Mind if I finish?” asked Dr. Anderson with a laugh.

“No, sorry.” Kat said breathlessly. “Go ahead.”

“Your heart has mended well and all of the recovery has been positive. You haven’t had any issues since you woke up and your heart sounds healthy and strong.”

“Thank you so much Dr. Anderson!” Kat said giving him a hug. “I promise to still come to my checkups!”

“You better! Now get out of here before I have to admit AJ with heart problems!”

AJ’s face burst into a grin and, after shaking the doctor’s hand, pulled Kat out into the hallway and picked her up. He pulled her up so that she could wrap her legs around his waist.

“AJ! Can’t this wait?”

“No way! We just got the best news of our lives and I don’t care who sees us.”

He kissed her again and swept her into his arms.

“Can we tell everyone?”

“I will call them right now.”

--------------------------

Within the hour, Denise, all the guys and their wives were gathered in the backyard. They were dying to get a chance to congratulate Kat and AJ about the good news. The problem was that they were upstairs with Brenda and Nick.

“What’s taking them so long?” Brian asked. “I want to hug them!”

“Settle down Bri.” Kevin said with a laugh. “They’ll be down in a minute.”

The doorbell rang and Nick came out back with AJ. A smaller man that no one recognized was following behind them.

“Who’s that?” Howie asked. “He doesn’t look like Kat’s doctor.”

“I don’t think he is.” Leigh responded.

“Hey guys.” AJ said with a grin. “I know you guys came here to celebrate Kat being given the all clear but we were hoping you’d help us celebrate something else.”

“Like what?” Denise asked with a chuckle.

“Us getting married.”

Everyone was so surprised that they missed Kat and Brenda coming outside holding the two boys. Kat looked terrific and was beaming from ear to ear. Her color and the light in her eyes had returned.

“I hope you don’t mind that we decided to move things up a little.” Kat said handing Jake over to Brenda and taking her spot by AJ’s side.

“We love it!” Kristen said. “This is the perfect time!”

AJ and Kat smiled and turned to the justice of the peace. He started the ceremony and went through the routine of things he had to say. Then he asked AJ and Kat to read the vows that they had written to each other. AJ cleared his throat and wiped the tears from his eyes.

“I know that I’ve said some of these things over and over again so I hope you guys can bear with me.”

He took Kat’s hand in his and looked into her eyes.

“You are the most amazing woman I have ever met Kat Brady. You are my best friend and the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with. You are the warmest, kindest, most genuine person I know and you inspire me every day. I look at you and everything you have been through and I see the amazing strength you have within you and it makes me love you even more. I want to go to bed with you ever night, wake up to see you smiling at me every morning and spend the rest of our lives making memories. With this ring, I promise you that I will protect you, care for you, love you and never give up on us. I love you Kat.”

Kat smiled at him. She was choked up with all the emotions and she did her best to talk through the tears.

“I told you a long time ago that you were stuck with me and now this ring makes it a permanent lock. It’s just like the lock you have on my heart. The best moments of my life have been with you and the boys and I want to spend years making more moments like those. I have always felt safe with you AJ. Your love is strong, peaceful and always just what I need. I want to feel your arms wrapped around me and your heart beating in time with mine. I love you AJ, more than you will ever know.

Everyone around them was in tears by the time Kat finished speaking. They knew that Kat and AJ loved each other but the joy they saw in their eyes was astounding. The couple put the rings on each other’s fingers while the justice of the peace finished the ceremony. He smiled at the two and spoke loudly.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife!”

AJ pulled Kat close to him and kissed her fiercely. “I love you Mrs. McLean.”

“I love you too Mr. McLean. Now and forever.”
Chapter End Notes:
I am going to try my hand at a Nick story next and I hope you guys will all read it and help me out with the reviews, advice and comments! I really can't thank all of you enough for all your reading and positive energy! You guys are the best!