- Text Size +
After Brian’s musical number the other night Charlotte decided to invite Brian over for dinner. She couldn’t stop thinking about his performance so she decided to do something about it. She was going to invest in him in hopes he will be recognized for his talents. She certainly didn’t know much about country music but she was going to attempt it the best that she could. Brian arrived on time as always Charlotte answered the door and he was holding a bouquet of flowers.

“Awe Brian you are so sweet these are beautiful! Thank you so much” she said taking them into the kitchen.

“You’re welcome. You have such a lovely place here I don’t think I have ever been here”

“Thank you I am not the best decorator in the world but I try” she giggled,” Dinner is almost done but while we are waiting I thought I could talk to you about the other night”

“Was I bad?” he asked Charlotte giggled.

“No, you were fantastic! I told you that but I figured since we are close friends and everything that I have to tell you something” Brian got this confused look on his face,” It’s not bad I promise,” she chuckled,” I am a famous singer I am sure you have heard of me…my stage name is Charlie,” she confessed Brian’s eyes kind of widened.

“You mean the girl that is plastered all over Nat’s room is you?”

“Yes” she nodded.

“Does she..”

‘Yes,” she interrupted,” She figured it out pretty quickly she is smart let me tell you,” she laughed,” That is why she always called me Charlie, but anyway what I wanted to tell you is I want to produce your music. I know I don’t know crap about country music but I think with a little research and a little teaching from you I think we can make this work. People need to hear you sing.”

“I don’t know Char.”

“Please believe me when I say this that you are good enough for Nashville can we please just do a demo? I promise it will be better than you have ever dreamed.” Brian sat there for a few minutes contemplating on whether he should take her up on the offer. This after all was his dream but he wondered what if his career was to take off? He would always have to rely on his parents to watch Natalie more than he already depends on them now, would that even be fair to them?

“Give me a few days I have to think”

“Please don’t make me beg you know your parents would be ecstatic for you. They would tell you to go live your dream and don’t worry about Nat I will always be around to help with her so it’s not falling all onto your parents. I can read your face it is all you are thinking about. All I am asking for is a demo” Brian went silent again,” Please don’t make me beg you know I will,” she smiled, oh how he loved when she smiled.

“Alright, but you have to promise me something”

“Anything”

“That we will always remain friends I don’t want anything to become awkward or anything you are the first friend I have had in such a long time that I truly care about.”

“I promise now it’s time to pick a song”

“Whoa there turbo how about after dinner, although I think it’s a little over done.” He said pointing to the smoke coming out of the oven.

“Dammit! I always do this how about we just go to the bar for some food?” she said getting the burnt chicken out of the oven,” My treat!”

“Sure” Brian helped Charlotte clean up the kitchen and off to the bar they went.