- Text Size +
“I think that I may have royally messed up.” I moaned, barging into the catering room and flopping down face first onto the couch.

“In what way?” Nick mumbled as he practically stuffed a whole piece of pizza in his mouth.

“Have you not seen the forum posts?!” I cried into the cushions.

“About your blog?” Nick asked, taking a long swig of his Diet Coke. “The ones that I’ve seen have been amazing! Everyone is raving about it.”

“Everyone WAS raving about it.” I corrected. “I was monitoring the forum while you guys were on stage and my ‘haters’ have noticed the lack of coverage about Brian and Leighanne’s relationship. The forum is going crazy with speculation!”

“So, let them speculate.” Howie replied. “It’s not like the fans haven’t jumped to conclusions before.”

“Speculate. Riiiight.” Nick cut in, rolling his eyes.

“Nick! Really?” Howie admonished, shooting him an angry glance. “It’s not your place.”

“What’s not my place? To say what we’ve all been noticing for ages?” Nick challenged, devouring another piece of pizza in less than three bites.

“Stop!” I yelled, pulling myself into a sitting position and holding up my hands. “I don’t need to know! Hell, I don’t want to know anything else about any of your personal lives, EVER AGAIN!”

“Relax.” Kevin said, coming over to the couch and slinging one his long arms across my shoulders. “You didn’t do anything wrong. We all agreed to the blog. It’s not a big deal. Like you said to Leighanne, you wrote the truth and nothing more. She should have been woman enough to speak the truth. She chose not to and now she has to deal with the consequences.”

“I suppose” I muttered. “But the fans are having a field day. They’ve been saying some horrible things. You should read what some of them are claiming to have done, what some of them of claiming that Brian has done!”

“Whoa! You’re not kidding!” Howie exclaimed. “Apparently, this girl had a pretty wild night with Brian just last month.” He said, his eyes widening in disbelief as he scrolled quickly through the forum posts on his iPhone. “What a load of shit. Anyone who believes this crap needs their head examined.”

“You’re probably not helping this situation.” Kevin said, giving Howie a pointed look. “Amy, you seriously need to calm down. It’s not your fault! The fans like to talk. We’ve all been a victim of this kind of nonsense. Nick, how many girls have you supposedly slept with?”

“I lost count after about a thousand.” Nick laughed. “People will say anything on the forum. Don’t worry. Jason will go through the posts and clean out all the crap later tonight anyways.”

“If Leighanne sees any of them, I may not live to see tonight.” I mumbled.

“Don’t worry. With any luck, Leighanne will be working late in the Wylee trailer. Brian always gets back to the hotel first, because he prefers to put Baylee to bed while everyone is still at the after party. It’s almost a guarantee that he will see the posts before Leighanne will. Once he reads them, he will make sure that he keeps her away from the forum for the next couple of days.” Kevin pointed out.

“Actually, Brian and AJ are already headed back to the hotel.” Nick said. “AJ has a Skype date with Ro tonight.” He added, shooting Howie a knowing wink.

“I hate you, sometimes.” Howie grumbled, glaring at Nick. “Speaking of the after party, we gotta get back out there. The fans are going to get super restless if we’re late”

I glanced at the clock. It was 11:30 P.M. and I still hadn’t received any word from Jason about needing my help at the after party. Usually, he sent me a message by 10:30 P.M. if he was going to need help with check-in. If I wasn’t working check-in, I tended to stick around and take some photos, but I wasn’t in the mood tonight. The thought of fielding questions from hordes of nosey fans was enough to make me nauseous.

“I think I’m gonna head back to the hotel.” I said, as the Nick, Howie, and Kevin got ready to return to the stage area of the venue. “I’ll see you guys in the morning.”