- Text Size +
My phone pinged with a Twitter alert as Jason’s statement hung in the air. I could feel my heart start to beat faster as noises also began emitting from both AJ and Nick’s pockets. With shaking hands, I unlocked the screen and launched the application.

@anonymousbsbhater2
This is the kind of connection @AmyCtrl should be delivering about @backstreetboys’ @brianlittrell!

@anonymousbsbhater2
Who needs more proof that @brianlittrell is a cheater? #whosthatbitch

@anonymousbsbhater2
Woulda expected this from @skulleeroz! #cheatinghusbands

@anonymousbsbhater2
Waiting to see @nickcarter, @howied, and @kevinrichardson like this! #exposedpopstars

The tweets were all accompanied by two photos. If the first one had been bad; these ones were disastrous. I could feel the colour draining from my face as I hastily tried to figure out how to delete the post from my feed. Even as I searched for the option, I knew that it was too late. They had likely already been tweeted at hundreds of people. It was only a matter of time before things got out of control.

“At least it’s the same girl that’s in the first picture.” AJ mumbled as he tapped away at his phone. “How do I delete this shit?”

“I gotta hand it to Bri ... that girl has got some nice tits.” Nick joked in an unsuccessful attempt to lighten the mood.

“Nick!” AJ rebuked, sending a concerned look in my direction.

“What?” Nick asked, narrowing his eyes as he caught the look that AJ and I exchanged. “What are you two not telling me?”

“Oh God! If there are any more secrets floating around, I don’t want to know about them!” Jason wailed. “I can’t believe that stupid bitch has posted those photos already. Eddie is going to ring my neck!”

I stared out the window at the familiar scenery as the SUV came to a stop in front of the hotel. I said a silent prayer of thanks that there was not a single fan in sight. Even so, Q and John jumped out and took a quick look around before they motioned for us to follow them. We walked quickly through the lobby and into the elevator before any of us uttered another word.

“Lauren says that she’s watching Baylee in Brian’s room.” Nick informed us as he skimmed through his text messages. “The guys are still locked away with Cass.”

“We might as well all head over there and join her then.” AJ replied. “It will save Kevin the trouble of tracking us all down later.”

I nodded in agreement as the elevator slid open on the top floor. As we exited, Jason mumbled something about needing to call Verizon in order to cancel his phone and stalked off towards his room. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him as I watched his hunched shoulders retreat down the hallway. He was right. Even thought the whole thing wasn’t technically his fault, Eddie was still going to tear him a new one.

“Lauren ... it’s us.” Nick called, as he softly knocked on the door to Brian’s room. A few seconds later, Lauren pulled open the door and motioned for us to be quiet.

“Baylee’s passed out. Poor kid; he’s exhausted.” She explained.

“What the hell happened to your shirt?” She asked, staring intently at AJ as the three of us entered the room.

“It’s best if you don’t ask.” Nick answered. He gave Lauren a swift kiss on the lips. “Things didn’t exactly go as planned.”

Lauren gave us all a confused look as we manoeuvred ourselves onto the couches in the sitting area. She gently pulled the door to the bedroom closed before joining us.

“I gather that you guys have seen the latest round of pictures then ...” She said, dropping down next to Nick and leaning her head on his shoulder.

I felt a wave of sadness and jealously threaten to overtake me as I watched the ease of their interaction. Even though I had tried not to look at them too closely, the two newest pictures immediately appeared in my mind. They left little room for doubt. In fact, they looked as though they had been lifted directly from a sex tape.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” AJ said, reaching for the TV remote. “Let’s just kill some time until the guys are finished with Cass. I’m sure that we’ll be forced to talk about it in excruciating detail then.”