- Text Size +
“Nobody else has my account password.” I mumbled. “How did someone even get that situation on tape? Do you think that someone who works for ET filmed it and then sold it?” The questions rolled out of my mouth as I looked helplessly between Kevin and Brian.

“I thought for sure that Amy had posted it.” Kevin mused. “This changes everything. I’m actually going to have to apologize to Nick ...”

“Never mind Nick! I think that you owe Amy an apology first.” Brian stated as he returned Kevin’s phone. “I can’t believe you thought that she would do something like that to me ... to us.”

“What was I supposed to think?” Kevin defended himself. “It was posted under her account!”

Brian gave his cousin a deadly glare and slowly shook his head. “You should have at least given her a chance to explain before you barged in here ready to pounce.”

Kevin closed his eyes and appeared to count to ten in his head. He took a deep breath before opening his eyes and turning to me. “I’m sorry that I accused you.” He said evenly. “I’m also sorry that you slept with Brian before his divorce is even started, let alone finalized. You’ve just made things a hell of a lot worse for the both of you.”

“What WE choose to do is none of your business.” Brian spat. “Don’t punish Amy because you’re pissed off at me.”

“I don’t know what has gotten into you.” Kevin retorted, turning his attention towards Brian. “You’re like a completely different person. You’re sneaking around, you’re announcing your personal problems to the world on national television, you’re using more profanity than I have ever heard you use in your entire life, you’re embroiled in a bitter dispute with the woman that you’ve been married to for thirteen years, and you’re putting your kid in the middle of it all.”

“Don’t you dare bring Baylee into this!” Brian reeled. “You know that I would never do anything to hurt my son. You know that I want nothing more than to protect him from the harshness of our lives; from the media scrutiny.”

“Where is he now, Brian? Are you with him?” Kevin shot back. “It’s pretty low getting someone to watch your kid so that you can have some bedroom time, don’t you think?”

“You guys need to stop!” I interrupted. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes and I blinked viciously to hold them back. “I should have left when I saw ... when you told me ...” I stopped and stared at Brian in dismay. “We shouldn’t have done what we did. Kevin’s right, I’ve made things worse for everyone.”

“Amy, I can’t let you think that.” Brian’s eyes were frantic, searching. “Leighanne and I were headed towards calling it quits long before you showed up. She intentionally released scandalous photos of me to the world! You heard what she said the other day; she doesn’t care about me. She probably never has. All she cares about is the lifestyle that I’ve been keeping her in; that my money will keep her in long after we’ve gone our separate ways.”

“You could have worked it out. You were happy in the beginning, you have Baylee together, you would have been happy again.” I countered.

“I was happy in the beginning.” Brian admitted. “I was happy because she was doing such a good job of keeping me in the dark. Even if I hadn’t met you, our marriage would have dissolved.”

“I can attest to that. All the ‘God Can’ t-shirts in the world couldn’t have saved them.” AJ’s voice cut into our conversation. “For future reference, you guys should really consider having this kind of a discussion with the door closed.” He added

“How long have you been standing there?” Brian asked, shaking his head in confusion.

“Since Kevin went off on his little tangent.” AJ replied. “In all seriousness, you guys have gotten away from the issue that actually needs to be discussed. That video has already done some serious damage.”

“You’ve seen it, then?” I mumbled.

“Tens of thousands of people have seen it.” AJ grimaced. “It’s already been uploaded to YouTube. While you three were bickering, Jason has been trying to do damage control. He’s taken it off of our site, but it’s already exploded on like every social media platform that you can think of. TMZ got their hands on it, and so did Perez.”

“I’m fucked.” Brian groaned. “This is just the thing that Leighanne needs to make her case.”

“Cass will work her magic.” AJ soothed. “We’ll have a press release, you can explain ...”

“Explain what?” Brian cut him off. “How am I going to explain away the fact that I practically admitted to being involved with a staff member?”

“Especially now that you’ve slept with her.” Kevin barked.

AJ’s face took on a hint of a smile at Kevin’s words, but he immediately wiped it away as the older man frowned threateningly at him.

“I can only imagine what people are saying. Everyone thinks that I posted it ... they’re going to think that I’m some crazy bitch who intentionally set out to ruin Brian’s marriage. Everyone is going to side with Leighanne ... including a judge.” The reality of the situation truly started to hit me as I spoke, and I could feel my stomach begin to churn with dread.

“Shit.” AJ muttered. “I mean the fellas and I didn’t think for one second that you had actually posted it. We knew right away that your account must have been hacked, but I never thought about the public’s perception.”

“You didn’t think that I had posted it?” I asked. My heart surged in response to AJ’s words. “Kevin seemed ready to tear me a new one.”

“Well, Kevin had his own opinion.” AJ said, shooting him an evil glare. “The rest of us thought differently. You’re like family now. You’re Brian’s new lady. We just knew.”