- Text Size +
“I still can’t believe that Joseph Gordon-Levitt made Superbass look so easy.” Brian muttered. “Do you have any idea how hard it is to lip-sync well?”

“I can’t say that I’ve had much experience.” I laughed as Jimmy Fallon began to announce the winner of the lip-sync battle.

I readjusted my head on Brian’s chest and sighed contentedly. He absently twirled a section of my hair around his finger as he chuckled softly at the television. I could feel my eyes getting heavy and I knew that I should probably drag myself back to my own room sooner rather than later.

“He did have some pretty solid dance moves.” I added.

“Better than mine?” Brian joked.

“I think he hip thrusts better than you.” I teased, lifting my head slightly to look him in the face.

“That’s just because I’m out of practice.” Brian grinned.

He suddenly rolled me over so that I was pinned underneath him and began to kiss my neck. I shuddered in response and ran my hands lightly down his back. His hands were under my shirt, urging me to take it off, but I resisted.

“Baylee’s in the next room. What if he hears us?” I worried.

“He won’t.” Brian insisted. “We’ll be quiet.”

He continued to kiss me and I could feel my resistance weakening with every move of his hands. I allowed him to pull my t-shirt over my head, and I used the action as my opportunity to take charge. I quickly swung my legs over him and used my weight to push him down onto the bed. The move obviously surprised him, because he paused as I lightly kissed him on the lips and began to slowly trail kisses down his chest. He gasped slightly as I tugged his pyjama pants off; teasing him viciously as my kisses found their way lower.

“Please.” He begged as my tongue circled him slowly.

I pulled back, enjoying his desperate expression as I positioned myself over him. I sank onto him slowly and he moaned loudly in response.

“I thought that you were going to be quiet.” I teased, leaning down to kiss him.

His kiss was heated and anxious as he rolled me over so that he was, once again, in control. This time, the intensity of his movements didn’t surprise me, and I quickly matched his rhythm to bring us together.

Afterwards, we lay together; both of us hesitant to break the silence. It was a full twenty minutes before I finally brought myself to speak.

“I really need to go.” I mumbled. I disentangled myself from Brian’s embrace, pulling my t-shirt over my head and scanning the floor for my pyjama pants. “I can’t believe that I let you distract me like that.”

“You enjoyed it.” Brian quipped as I hastily stepped into my pants.

“I never said that I didn’t.” I agreed, tossing his clothes in his direction.

He snagged his pants out of the air with one quick movement and looked longingly at me. “You don’t have to leave.”

“But I should.” I argued. “What’s Baylee going to think if he wakes up and I’m still here?”

Brian shrugged and gave me a heart-stopping smile. “I want you to stay. It’s silly that you keep getting your own room. Everyone already knows what’s going on.”

“I know ...” I stalled. “It’s just that staying here makes it seem so ... official.”

“Aren’t we official?” He asked. He pulled his pants on, flipped back the blankets, and patted the empty space beside him. “I kinda thought that we were.”

“Yeah ... I mean, I kinda thought that we were too.” I stuttered.

“So, than why don’t you want to stay?” Brian pressed. His tone was light, but I could see the worry in his eyes.

I took a long breath and slowly sank down next to him. He propped himself up so that he was facing me and waited.

“The last time that I let my guard down, I ended up being the rebound girl. I don’t think that I could handle being another rebound, especially to you. There’s already so much attention from your fans and the media because of that stupid video...”

“You’re not a rebound. You’re the reason that I left.” Brian insisted. “Well, maybe not the whole reason. I left because I was unhappy, and you definitely make me happy.”

“This is hard for me.” I conceded. “Eddie was right. It’s a whole different feeling when you’re involved in the hype.”

“I get that.” Brian acknowledged. “Nothing about our relationship is going to be low-profile, but I need you to trust me when I say that I’m going to be by your side no matter what.”

“I’m scared.” I admitted.

“Me too.” Brian affirmed. “I’m scared that you’ll decide that all of this attention isn’t worth it.”

“I have a feeling that you’ll always be worth it.” I whispered as I allowed him to pull me close.

“So, does that mean that you’ll stay?” He asked.

“Yes. It means that I’ll stay.” I confirmed, albeit somewhat hesitantly.

We slipped under the blankets and I settled my head on his chest, enjoying the feel of his skin on my cheek. The steady rhythm of his heart had almost lolled me to sleep when he spoke again.

“Is it too fast?”

“Is what too fast?” I asked with my eyes still firmly closed.

“This. Us. What we’re doing.” Brian stammered. “I’ve never even taken you out on a proper date.”

I laughed a little louder at his comment than I had intended as I lifted my head to face him. He actually looked concerned and perhaps even a little offended that I was laughing.

“What do you mean a proper date?”

“I dunno ... dinner?” Brian shrugged. “Usually, I take a girl out at least a few times before I sleep with her.”

“Well, I usually MAKE a guy take me out at least a few times before I sleep with him.” I giggled. “Seeing as how we’ve spent practically every day together for the past three months, I’ll give you a pass.”

“I know.” He conceded. “But I should still take you out. I WANT to take you out.”

“I kind of like that we were able to skip all of that initial awkwardness. That’s the benefit of being friends first.” I assured him.

“I just want to make sure that you’re happy.” He admitted as I lowered my head back onto his chest.

“If I wasn’t happy, than you wouldn’t have been able to convince me to stay with you tonight.” I pointed out.

Even though I had my eyes closed, I knew that he was smiling. I could sense it as he slowly trailed his fingers along my arm and settled back onto the pillows. I yawned slightly and listened as his breathing became soft and regular before drifting off to sleep.

“Dad! Dad! DAD!”

The little red numbers on the clock read 10:13. I blinked a few times to clear the sleep from my eyes and checked the clock for a second time. Now, it said 10:14. I couldn’t believe that I had actually managed to sleep in. I rubbed at my eyes and rolled over to face Brian who was still dead to the world beside me. He had pushed the blanket down to his waist and my gaze quickly wandered over his exposed chest. Shit ... the things I wanted to do ...

“DAD!! WAKE UP!”

Baylee’s voice tore through my thoughts and I immediately felt guilty. I propped myself up on my elbows and saw him standing on the other side of the king sized bed glaring angrily at his sleeping father. He looked up when I moved, and he immediately enlisted my help.

“Amy, make him wake up!”

“Brian.” I urged. I cleared my throat to rid it of sleep and shook him gently. “Wake up.”

He stirred at my touch and rolled over onto his side. “I don’t want to do a photo shoot with a cactus.” He mumbled.

“What is he talking about?” Baylee questioned. “What cactus?”

“I think he’s dreaming.” I laughed as I shook him again. “Wake up!”

“Amy?” Brian’s voice was heavy with sleep as his eyes finally fluttered open. “What time is it?”

“It’s after ten.” I replied. “I think Baylee wants you to get up.”

“I want breakfast!” Baylee whined. “I’ve been waiting for forever for you to wake up!”

“Yup. Right. Breakfast.” Brian mumbled as he pushed himself into a sitting position. “Thanks for waking us up, Bay. We didn’t mean to sleep so late.”

I reached for my phone as I listened to their exchange and shook my head. Baylee hadn’t even looked surprised to see me. Maybe things wouldn’t be so awkward after all.

My phone sprang to life and I immediately saw that I had a group message on WhatsApp. I clicked the little green icon and quickly skimmed through the messages.

Jason: Still no positive ID on the person who posted the video, but Greg has narrowed down the location of the IP address to Nepean, ON. See you all at SC!

Nick: WTF? Where’s Nepean?

AJ: Ontario. Dumbass!

Nick: No shit.

Howie: Good morning! Nick, Google it if you’re so interested. See you guys at SC.

Nick: U google it!

Kevin: It’s too early for this shit.

“What’s so funny?”

Brian’s voice brought me back to reality. I had been so absorbed in the messages that I hadn’t even realized that I had been giggling out loud.

“Your friends.” I replied. “You’ll see once you read the messages.” I added, gesturing at his phone that was sitting on the nightstand.

“You mean OUR friends.” Brian clarified as he picked up his phone. “I sent Baylee to find the room service menu.” He added, shaking his head as he quickly skimmed through the conversation.

“Sorry. Our friends.” I repeated as I sat up and grinned at him. Little did he know how happy his statement had made me.

Brian lowered his phone and smiled back at me. “I like waking up with you.” He murmured, kissing me lightly on the lips.

“DAD! I can’t find it!” Baylee wailed from the living room.

Brian closed his eyes and shook his head softly. He kissed me once more before swinging his feet to the floor and padding out of the bedroom. “Did you look by the TV?”