- Text Size +
October 2013 – Japan

****

“Are you sure that her manager is against us hiring a guy? Think about all of the hit songs she could write when they break up.” I joked as I sorted through the papers that were spread out across the coffee table.

“You do know that your situation is unusual right?” Eddie scolded. “Not every girl who sleeps with a pop star ends up living happily ever after. Most girls get Chlamydia.”

“You’re on speaker!’ I reminded him, darting a quick look at Baylee who was playing Xbox in the far corner of the room.

“Hi, Eddie!” Brian added for good measure as he sat down next to me on the couch.

“Hey, Bri.” Eddie laughed. “Have you guys met the new Amy yet?”

“Not yet. Jason was supposed to pick him up from the airport today and give him the rundown. We’re expecting to meet him tomorrow night before the first Tokyo show.” Brian explained.

“You picked Matthew, right? His partner works on the Today Show?” Eddie clarified.

“Yeah. He seems perfect!” I gushed.

“As long as he doesn’t try and pick up any of the guys, I’m happy.” Eddie teased. “I don’t think I could handle that type of a scandal.”

“I’ll keep my eye on him.” I promised. “I told you that there would be a benefit to letting me set up this whole Fan Connection division from the road.”

Eddie’s laughter quickly subsided as Louis’s cries began to resonate in the background. “Yeah, yeah, you were right. Anyways, we’re off topic. Amy, Taylor and her management team are counting on you to get her Fan Connection experience off the ground. If they’re asking for a girl, than get them a girl. There’s no need to run your choice by me. I know that you’ll make the right decision.”

“Thanks Eddie.” I replied. “I also have all of the contact information ready to go for the girl who is going to be heading up FC for Selena. I’ll fax it over to you in the next couple of days.”

“You’re the best! I’ll call you soon.” Eddie promised as he hurriedly disconnected the call in order to tend to Louis.

I returned my attention to the haphazardly stacked papers, but my concentration was quickly ruined by the appearance of Nick and Laruen.

“Who’s ready to eat?” Nick boomed. “I’m starving!”

“Nick!” Baylee shouted. He dropped his game controller and ran over to greet him. He flung his arms around the older man’s waist and Nick affectionately ruffled his hair in response.

“You’re back from your mom’s already?”

“Yeah.” Baylee nodded as he moved over to hug Lauren. “John tried to teach me how to surf!”

“I still need to talk to your mom about that.” Brian muttered.

Nick looked as if he was ready to make a snide remark about Leighanne’s parenting skills, but he changed his mind as Mason came tearing into the room; followed closely by Kevin and Kristin.

Mason immediately ran over to join Baylee, and the two boys took off into the bedroom before the rest of us had even finished greeting each other.

Kevin shook his head at his son’s energy and adjusted his grip on Maxwell. “I’m going to go and make sure that they’re not destroying anything. Can you hold Max for a minute?” He asked, handing his youngest son over to me.

Max nestled into my arms as I returned my attention to the conversation.

“So, there were no issues with Baylee’s visit with Leighanne?” Kristin asked.

“It went surprisingly well.” Brian admitted. “The travel logistics were a bit of a nightmare, but she was civil. It’s amazing what a few million dollars can do.”

Kristin shook her head and sighed. “I can’t believe that she agreed to only six visits a year.”

“She didn’t have much choice.” AJ pointed out as he walked into the room bouncing a smiling Ava in his arms. “Brian had that settlement hearing in the bag. To be fair, she didn’t put up that much of a fight either.”

Rochelle nodded in agreement at her husband’s statement as she pulled me into a tight one-armed hug; careful to avoid crushing Max. “It’s so good to see you!” She gushed. “The baby looks good on you.”

“It does suit you.” Brian grinned, wrapping an arm around my waist.

I looked down at Max’s wide-eyed face and smiled. “Maybe one day.”

“Maybe one day what?” Leigh asked. She bustled into the room holding James by the hand and hauling a diaper bag in the other. Howie was right behind her, carrying a very sleepy looking Holden.

“They’re talking about having a baby.” Nick replied, pursing his lips. “We’re too young to even think about that. Right Lauren?”

“Speak for yourself.” Lauren quipped. She began making kissing noises at Ava who squealed in delight.

I couldn’t help but smile as Brian pulled me even tighter against him. He planted a soft kiss on my cheek as I shifted Max’s weight to my other arm. Maybe one day.
Chapter End Notes:
I just wanted to take this time to sincerely thank every single person who took the time to read and/or send me a review. This was my first time posting on AC, and you have all made it a fantastic experience! Words cannot express how thrilled I am with all of the positive feedback that I have received. You're all amazing!! I am already working on my next story, and I hope that those of you who read this one will enjoy it just as much. Thanks again!!