- Text Size +


It was in the late afternoon and we were on our break. I was sitting outside the studio minding my own business and then the worst thing happened to me; my stomach growled. The biggest problem was that I had a choice of going to the store and picking up a snack, or staying here starving my tattoo filled self-off while trying to record our CD. To tell you the truth, Alexander James McLean does not have time to be starving, when a Backstreet Boy got to eat, a Backstreet Boy got to eat.



I jumped into my car and headed for the nearest Wawa. That store has the best snacks ever! My biggest craving for today was a pack of beef jerky, so I went to search for it. I looked at the price for the jerky and the weirdest price was up there -$ 6.00. One of the workers was near me so I asked her, “Is there an error with the price tag?” and she replied, “No”.


Ok, seriously Wawa are you kidding me? Who pays $6.00 for some dern jerky? I mean it’s just smoked meat in a pack. It’s my plan to get my jerky on but I am not going to pay no $6.00 for jerky, that’s just crazy.


I went to Walmart next and asked the associate where the beef jerky was so he gave me the directions. Walking over, the price gets my-self going nuts again. $3.29? Three dollars and twenty nine cents for some jerky. So I checked the nutrition values because this was getting so ridiculous. No, there’s no prevention of global warming, no gold laced in the jerky, no boy repellant for Ava when she becomes a teenager, so what’s the point of paying $3.29 for some beef jerky that is going to help me or this world in life? Walmart what the heck is up with your prices? I thought your slogan was low prices!


Ok, this whole beef jerky thing is annoying the living daylights out of me! I decide to go to 7-eleven. I mean they have their own name brand it should be at least a dollar. I walked to the cashier and asked him where their name brand jerky was. This is the worst day of my entire life! Really 7-eleven? Really? You think just because it’s your brand name that you can charge $5.00 for it? What is up with people these days? That’s it I quit, I’m going to pick up this beef jerky and buy it because I’m hungry but I am not happy about this!



Soon as I get back from my search of expensive jerky, Brian comes up to me and asks me, “Where have you been?” I told him “Getting a snack, I have an idea for a song we should write”

“What?”
“Girl before you get with me, you better lower the beef jerky prices.”
“That bad?”
“Yes, that bad.”

America stores, please make all the beef jerky prices for $0.99 so I can get my jerky on without having to use up all of my wallet!