- Text Size +
Prologue

I woke to the sound of thunder crackling through then night sky. I got up and went over to the window and opened the French door and stepped out onto the balcony. I sniffed the air and could smell the mixture of the salt water from the ocean and the up coming storm that was about to hit. I stood there and listened to the waves crashing below the cliff.
That's when I saw it, the black sails of the black ship as the strike of lighting flashed across the dark clouded night.
I went back inside just as the first drops of rain began coming down.
I had just shut and locked the doors when I heard the cracking of the front doors busting open and the yells of the invaders as they made into the house.
I looked around the room looking for a place to hide and pray that they wouldn’t find me.
Then I saw the door of the wardrobe running to it I flew open the door just as I heard the heavy sounds of boots coming up the winding stair case and down the hallway.
Then I heard the jiggle of the door knob, and that’s when I climbed into the wardrobe and was just closing the door when the bed room door burst opened.
That’s when I knew my mistake, and now I know there is no where to run.