- Text Size +
Chapter 2

“ Vicky the cab is here.” Jackie yelled as she walked into the house.
“ Ok, I’m coming, Damn I forgot my book.” Victoria said as she turned around and headed back down the hallway to her bedroom.
“ I can’t believe that I’m going to England, so where is this place that we have to go to?” Jackie asked as Victoria came back into the room.
“ Well first we have to go to London, and then we are to take a train and head down to the town called Land’s End, and from what the guy told me, the manor house is about five minutes outside the town.” Victoria said turning out the kitchen light.
“ You think that we could do a little sight seeing before we go down to this town, because there are couple places I would love to see in London.” Jackie said as she followed Victoria out the front door.
“ I think we can spend one day in London before heading down to Land’s End. I know it’s not a lot of time, but we are only there for a week, and one day will be spent signing papers.” Victoria said as the cabbie came over to them and took their bags and but them into the trunk of the car.
“ Ok that’s fine, like I said I only want to see a couple of places. So you want me to be a witness to the signing or something like that?” Jackie asked as she got into the car.
“ There are a couple of things that I would like to see too, and yes the guy thought it would be a great idea that you come as a witness. Who knows I might find my prince charming.” Victoria said with a laugh.
“ You know with your luck you would find him. So what places would you like to see?” Jackie asked.
“ True, that would be my luck. I would like to see the Tower of London mostly and I have it on the top of my list.” Victoria said.
“ Cool, the Tower is also on the top of my list too. I hope that can sleep on the plane on our way there.” Jackie said.
“ I too hope that I can sleep on the plane if not then I have some sleeping pills that could help me, and if you want I can give you couple.” Victoria said as the cab took them closer to the airport.

~~~~

Thirty minutes later Victoria and Jackie were sitting in their seats and waiting for everybody to finish boarding the plane.
“ Man I can’t believe it that we are sitting in first class. Now I know I will be able to sleep.” Jackie said as she looked round the first class and noticed that there were only four other people sitting with them.
“ Yeah, I guess I too can sleep, I never knew we would flying first class and I never asked Mr. Marley to get these tickets for us. I was just hoping it was economy class.” Victoria said as the airline attendant came into their section and closed the curtain.
“ Twenty minutes after we get into the air we will be serving dinner.” The attendant said as one of the pilots went into the cot pit.
“ What kind of dinner do we get?” one of the ladies that was sitting behind Jackie and Victoria.
“ We have sub sandwiches, and they are Club, turkey and ham.” The attendant said as she pulled out a menu and read what was on it.
“ Man that sounds great, I did somewhat miss dinner because I was in a rush to get here.” Jackie said as she found the menu and pulled it out from the seat in front of her.
“ Yeah me too, you know I think the Club sandwich sounds great to me, and I think I will have a glass of wine too.” Victoria said as she looked over to the menu that Jackie was holding.
“ That sounds good and it comes with two types of chips, and a cookie, pie or cake.” Jackie said as she continue to read the menu.
“ After we take off I will come up to you guys and ask what you guys would like to have for dinner.” The attendant said.
Victoria bent down and picked up the small bag and pulled out some information on London and began to read the packet that she had Mr. Marley send her.
Victoria looked out the window and watched the gate get smaller as the plane taxied to the runway and waited in line for their time to take off.
Within five minutes of leaving the gate the plane was taking off and making its way to London, England.
“ Good evening I’m Gracie and I will be serving you guys while we are heading for England. I’m going to start with you guys first, what can I get you to eat and drink?” the attendant asked as she came over to Victoria and Jackie.
“ Evening I would like to have the Club sandwich, with a piece of cake and red wine please.” Jackie said as she gave the attendant her order.
“ Ok and what can I get you ma’am?” the attendant said as she wrote down what Jackie wanted on her sheet of paper that she had with her.
“ I would like the same thing please.” Victoria said as she turned away from the window.
“ Ok so far I have to Club sandwich and red wine.” The attendant said.
Ten minutes later the attendant was passing out the sandwiches to the first class people, and one of the other attendants came up and asked if they had extra food, and the attendant handed over the sandwiches.
It was an hour later both Victoria and Jackie took some sleeping pills so that way they could sleep through the flight and when they arrive in London they will be refresh and ready to go see the town.

~~~~

“ Good morning everyone, we will be landing in England in about fifteen minutes.” The captain said as he came on the intercom to let everyone know that they would be landing soon.
“ Um… man it’s time to wake up.” Jackie said as she sat up in her seat.
“ Yeah, it’s time, excuse me but I need to visit the restroom.” Victoria said as she was trying to get up from her seat.
Victoria got up and headed of the bathroom, while she was in there she put the small bag on the sink and pulled out her toothbrush and toothpaste and began brushing her teeth; once she finished brushing her teeth she used the restroom before leaving the small room and heading back to her seat next to Jackie.
“ Every one please have your seats and trays in the upright place and we will be landing in two minutes.” The attendant said as she stood up in front of the small group of people in first class.
Victoria looked out the window and saw that they were getting lower and lower to the ground.
The plane landed and taxied to the gate, once there the attendant opened the door and waited for the first class passengers to get their stuff out of the binds and stood aside and said bye to everyone.
“ Thank goodness we just brought these small bags so that way we don’t have to wait.” Jackie said as she and Victoria left the plane and made their way to the gate.
“ Yeah I thought it would be a good idea too. Ok once we get to the exit area Mr. Marley said there will be a car waiting for us outside.” Victoria said as they followed the other passengers from the plane.
Once they got to the front of the air port Victoria saw a guy holding up a sign that had her name on it.
“ Hello, I’m Victoria Donaldson.” Victoria said as she came up to the guy and showed him her ID, and he nodded as he led them to where the car was parked.
“ Good morning Ms. Donaldson, I hope that you and your friend here had a great flight. Mr. Marley asked me to take you to your hotel and I will be your driver while you are here in London.” The driver said as he took the girls’ bag and put them in the trunk of the car.
“ Good morning and we had a great flight thank you. Um… could you wait outside of the hotel while we put our stuff in our rooms and then you could take us to a place that service breakfast.” Victoria said as the driver came over to the car door and slid into the car and waited for Jackie to get into the car before the driver got into the car and drove them to the hotel.
“ Sure that sounds great, oh by the way I’m Charles Marley, Jacob Marley is my father.” The driver said as he introduced himself to the two girls.
“ Hello, Charles. I’m Victoria.” Victoria said as she introduced herself to the driver.
“ Hello, Charles. I’m Jackie.” Jackie said as she too introduced herself to Charles.
“ It’s also nice to meet you too Ms. Jackie. And I know the perfect place for breakfast, and every thing there is home made too.” Charles said as he pulled away from the curb and headed for the hotel where the two girls were going to be staying out for the next few days.
Thirty minutes later they were pulling up to one of the grander hotels of London.
A bell hop came up to the car and opened the door for both girls, and even waited for Charles to get out of the car and open the trunk so that way he could grab the two small bags and had the two girls follow him into the hotel and up to the front desk.
“ Good morning loves and how can I help you both today.” The elder lady asked.
“ Good morning, we have a reservation that is under Victoria Donaldson.” Victoria said as she came over to the desk.
“ Oh yes, Mr. Marley told us that you would be showing up today.” The lady said as she gave the two girls a very warm and welcoming smile.
“ Um… ok.” Victoria sounding a little surprise; that everyone knew that she would be here today.
“ Ok here is your keys and Edward here will show you to your suites.” The lady said as she handed the bell hop one of the keys and giving the other one to Victoria.
Edward nodded to the lady as he took the key and then he led both Jackie and Victoria to the elevator and he pushed the call button and the bell dinged and doors opened up.
They got onto the lift and then he slid the card key before pushing the top button.
“ Um… why did you do that for?” Jackie asked as she stood there and watching the guy.
“ You both have the pen house suites and to get to it you have to scan your card key before pushing the top button.” The guy said with a smile on his face.
“ Oh, wow a pen house, man this trip is getting better all the time.” Jackie said as she was about to jump up and down in total excitement.
“ Yeah it is getting better, and I can’t wait to see what this manor is going to look like.” Victoria said as the elevator finally stopped on the floor of the pen house and the doors opened up to a very highly decorated hallway.
They got off the elevator and made their way down the small way and came up to one door. Edward scanned the card key and opened up the door, before walking into the room that looked like something you would find in a palace or castle.
“ This room is Ms. Jackie, it’s one of the smaller suites that are here, and if you will follow me please Ms. Donaldson and I will show you to your rooms.” Edward said as he nodded to Jackie, before going to the door.
Victoria followed Edward out of the room and into the hallway in which they went across to the door that was across from Jackie’s.
“ Here is your rooms, and it is what we call the Royal suite.” Edward said as he slid the card key into the slot on the door and opened it up, to one of the most beautiful rooms in the hotel.
“ Thanks, Oh My God this place is beautiful.” Victoria said as she looked around the room and seeing how regal the room was.
“ If you look out your window you can see Hyde Park.” Edward said as he took Victoria’s bag into the bed room part of the suite.
Victoria went over to the windows and saw that it was French doors, opening them up she saw a small balcony with a table and chairs. She opened the doors and stepped outside and looked over to where the park was and saw some people walking around.
“ Hello?” Victoria said as she answered her cell phone.
“ Hello, Ms. Donaldson I hope that you find your rooms to your liking?” Mr. Marley said as he put the papers into his briefcase.
“ Yes I do find them way more to my liking, you really didn’t have to go all out for us, but thank you.” Victoria said as she stepped back into the room and saw Edward walking into the living room area.
“ You are welcome, the reason why I’m calling you so early is because I have to change our meeting, I have a family matter that I have to do Wednesday and Thursday, I talked to my son Charles, and he said that he was taking you and your friend a restaurant for breakfast, and I was wondering if I could join you, and have you sign the papers over breakfast.” Mr. Marley said as he walked out of the door and to his car.
“ Sure that’s fine, and I understand and speaking of breakfast I better go get Jackie and head on down to the car and to the restaurant.” Victoria said with a laugh as she grabbed her small hand bag and gave Edward a tip, then getting her card key, she headed out the door.
“ Ok then I’ll see you at the restaurant.” Mr. Marley said before hanging up his phone.
Victoria hung up and shut the door before walking across the hallway so she could knock on Jackie’s room door.
“ Hey you ready to for breakfast, oh and Mr. Marley will be join us because something came up and we will sign the papers at breakfast.” Victoria said as Jackie opened the door and came out of the room.
“ Ok that’s cool, this will be very interesting breakfast.” Jackie said as they stopped at the elevator and pushed the call button.
The elevator came and the two girls got onto the lift and Jackie hit the lobby button, on the way down they talked about what they plan to do for the two days that they are going to be in London.
Once they came to the lobby they stepped off the elevator and saw Charles standing by the front desk talking to the elder lady that was still behind the counter.
“ Are you two ready for breakfast, and my father will be join you the both of you for breakfast.” Charles said as he came up to the two girls and then the three of them walked out of the hotel and get into the car.
They got to the restaurant and saw Mr. Marley standing outside the restaurant.
They went into the restaurant and the girls learned that it was Mr. Marley’s wife’s family that runs the restaurant that they had the papers.
It was also here that Victoria not only signed the papers for deed to the manor but she learned that she also has a title too, she is a Duchess.
After breakfast both her and Jackie headed out to do a little shopping and Jackie went back to the hotel and rested up, but as for Victoria she headed over to the British Museum and hung out for about two hours before heading over to the Hard Rock Café to meet up with Jackie and had lunch.
After a long day of running round the town, Victoria got into the tub of hot water, and laid back and relaxed some before getting out and climbing into bed and falling sound asleep and began having a strange dream of a ship with black sails.