- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This seems to be where a lot of thought process is going. Once more, it's nothing more than my own thoughts...nothing bad! It's a story.
Chapter 2

She frowned as she waited in the attorney’s office and absentmindedly flipped through a magazine, wanting nothing more than to hear the good news of hearing everything was set up and ready to go for her to go ahead and proceed with her divorce. Of course, with a dip shit of a husband like she had, she really felt like she was gonna be going through this for quite a few years.

“Kristal, he will see you now.” She tossed the magazine on the table, ignoring the man on the front cover and the whole article that talked about his upcoming nuptials; currently she didn’t wanna hear a peep about AJ McLean.

“Thanks Carla.” Kristal followed the woman back to her lawyers office and sat down before the desk, smiling at her lawyer. “So, Rick, is everything in order?”

-----
Two hours later, she walked out of the office, an official shit eating grin on her face and called one of her best friends.

“Hello?”

“Resa, girl, why are you out of breath?”

“Cause I was working out. So, how did everything go?”

“My ass is so free!”

“Finally! For a while there, I was worried!”

“Yeah, you and me both. How soon are we moving out to LA?”

“You’re serious, you really want to go?”

“Well, why not? There is nothing here to hold me. Besides, the girls love the beach, and you know I can get a job out there. And it’s not like you don’t have a friend who can’t help us.”

“Yes, I know. I just, I guess I really wasn’t expecting that.”

“You got a few months to think about it. Gotta go, it’s time for J to get out of school. Love you.”

“Love you too.” Theresa hung up her phone and looked around her tiny apartment. LA? Her best friend honestly wanted to go out to LA? Not that she wouldn’t enjoy that, or that her job wouldn’t transfer, but LA was a way bigger place than they both really though about. And it was a place that they had talked about but never really made good on.

Theresa groaned and than put the stuff away from her work out and than gathered her stuff to go take a shower.

-----
30 minutes later she laid on her bed and sent a text to Madeleine. Maybe, for now, it was best if they went on vacation first; see how they really felt than talk about moving? After all, this was LA they were talking about.

Not that she couldn’t really use the change of scenery; and if she did move out there, than it would really get her away from this horrible and bitter break up. And wasn’t that always a plus?

She sighed and rubbed her face, her eyes heavy from the daily tears and her heart was hurting from the constant ache. And of course, so much shit in this apartment reminded her of him. Well, he closed that chapter in her life; it was about time that she did the same too
.
With that though, she sat up in bed and looked around the room and than shrugged, grabbing a few boxes and started packing some stuff. With out or with her friends help, both Resa and Kris were going to LA; Resa had the funds to back the trip up, if needed.

-----
Madeleine sighed as she washed her hand for the 20th time in the last half hour. What crazy person would ever want to be a ER nurse? That’s a whole can of worms that you wouldn’t want to open. But no, not her. That was the one field that she wanted to go in, badly. Yes, she was a very crazy person.

She dried her hands and than heeded into the locker room, pulling off her scrub top along the way. Like everyone else in the ER, she had on clothes underneath her scrubs and always had an extra pair of scrubs in her locker. In the ER, you quickly learn that blood and vomit can easily end up anywhere, and everywhere, but on the floor.

She collapsed on the bench, her head leaning back against the lockers, the 14 hour shift taking a lot out of her. She was quite looking forward to crawling into bed, listening to her favorite boys and drift off to sleep for the next ten or twelve hours. After all, these next two days off were well earned.

She jumped slightly as her phone vibrated and she got up to answer it, grinning as she saw who it was from. Well, now this would be interesting. She opened the text and read it, and than smiled. She checked the time and realized that it would be too late to call.

“Vacation huh, what in the world was that?” Madeleine laughed and grabbed her purse and her car keys. Right now was not the time to think about it. With as tired as she was, she would easily say she would jump into bed with Nick’s strong arms protecting her all night. With a groan, she slammed her locker and left, walking out to her car.



15 minutes later she pulled up in her parking spot and quickly made it through her front door and flipped on her stereo, playing her favorite song. Yes, she was dog tired after treating how many people who were hung over or high? But, that was her body, right now; her mind was racing as it always was when she worked so long.

There were tons of people in her life whom she loved dearly and every time she dealt with those types of people in the ER, she thought of them and would wanna break down. She knew, in her heart, that one day she would see someone she cared for laying in her bed and that would always break her heart in two. How would she be able to handle that? With that thought, she finally plopped on the couch and just listened to the music.

-----
“So when are you coming in?”

“I don’t know Madeleine. I’m packing up what little things I had with the douche and giving those away.”

“Well it’s about damn time.” Both ladies shared a laugh at that.

“So, how are the things in the ER?”

“Busy. You know how it goes?”

“No more glimpses of Nick Carter?”

“No. That one time was enough. Man, I thank God I wasn’t dealing with him, I would have freaked. Although Lauren was there.” Both women shared an eye roll over the phone.

“Well until he becomes smart enough to realize the trap she’s setting and gets away, you won’t be his girl.”

“Oh Lord Resa, don’t remind me. He could do so much better!”

“Oh I know. I like her about as much as I like Leigh and Rochelle. Speaking of which, what was with that whole engagement? Is it just me or did it seem a little staged for being so random? Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks that?”

“Sadly Resa, no you aren’t. A lot of us fans are questioning that whole deal.”