- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Remember...all thoughts of my own! :)
Chapter 3

“You have to be kidding me. I don’t have a big wedding party and two of them both happen to be missing?” AJ glanced in the mirror at his mom who only shrugged.

“Alex,” she walked over to him and turned him around, smoothing the material over his shoulders, “are you sure you wanna take this road? You aren’t in love with this woman.”

“Mom,” he sighed and rubbed his hand over his face and looked at her, “I don’t have a choice.”

“You do, but you are just too stubborn to wait. Forcing yourself to be happy won’t work. You’re gonna end up in a crappy relationship and wish you had a way out.” AJ stared at his mom and shook his head. He had to go through this, he signed that piece of paper that said he would marry her and give her what she wanted, with in reason.

“Stop mom.”

“I’m only saying.”

“Just stop. I know what I’m doing.” He let out a breath and than groaned, feeling like the whole world was closing in on him and he had to escape. He stalked past his mom and ran out of the building the back away and down to the sidewalk, breathing in deeply.

He finally stopped as he ran into a person, his hands quickly reaching out to grab her shoulder, her blonde curls swaying.

“Excuse me,” she stated.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.” She glanced up at him and he started into the purest blue eyes he had ever seen.

“Alex, are you okay?” He finally broke that intense gaze, her eyes capturing him like no ones ever had. He turned around to see who had followed him, sighing as it was Kevin, than turned back around, searching for the woman that was standing right there, not understanding why he felt he made a huge mistake when he turned around.

“Yeah, Kev, I needed a moment.”

-----
He rolled his eyes as he stared at his wife, listening to her bitch yet again about how she needed this and wanted that. Good grief, one could only hear so much before he himself wanted to scream. Sure, he wanted to spoil his wife, sorta, but not when she was always expecting it, or demanding it. That really was against the purpose.

Howie shook his head and than pulled into the store parking lot, glancing at Leigh, not quite sure whey he invited her along, other than it was the right thing to do.

“Do you wanna go in?”

“No, you go get whatever you forgot.” Leigh waved her hand and D got out, quickly going into the store. It wasn’t like he meant to forget getting the couple a wedding card, but with everything else going on, he really did space it. And of course, that pissed Leigh off.

He sighed and walked over into the card area, groaning as he saw only a few for weddings. “Really?” he mumbled to himself, picking them up and reading over them. Of course, none of them conveyed the feelings he was really having for AJ and this sham of a wedding; in fact, much like his own.

He turned around, thinking there maybe a sales associate around and than jumped as he left his cards slide against an arm. She looked up at him, blinked once and than took a step back. He watched her arm, seeing the blood start from the paper cut.

“I’m sorry.” She stared at him for a few precious seconds before she waved off his apology. Both parties turned as a sales associated came into the aisle.

“Can I help you?”

“Yes, are these all the cards you have?” Howie asked, showing her the cards. As he was handing them to her, he turned back to the other woman he had injured, feeling bad but frowned as he saw no one there. He knew he wasn’t seeing things, and yet he couldn’t explain what that little meeting meant to him, for he felt something within.

-----
Nick checked his watch, groaning as he saw that another ten minutes had past and he wasn’t even an inch closer to being at the wedding. Shit, if he was late, not only was AJ gonna be pissed, but so was Lauren.

Not that it was his fault; he left when he was told to, even took the route that he was told to. But no one could predict the accident that took place and was currently backing up traffic. Of course, wit his girlfriend, none of that would really matter; for her, everything had to be prefect. Not like she was prefect; granted, she came close, thanks to him.
He sighed, ran his hand over his face and then checked his mirrors. Maybe he could be lucky and take a side street. He knew La, knew where to go and thanks to his job, knew most side streets. He did another glance around and than went down the street, pausing as he got to the next intersection. Should he attempt going straight? Or turning? Traffic was still backed up here, but at least it wasn’t that bad, they were moving, slightly.

He took a chance and slowly made his way through the traffic, rather surprised that the people of LA were nice enough to allow him through without hitting him. After going through many side streets, and accidentally turning down one or two wrong streets, he finally made it to the location. He carefully parked, looked around and than got out, sighing. He could do this; he could by his friends side and allow him to make one of the biggest mistake ever; he done it with both Kevin and Howie.

He closed his eyes and walked across the street, so lost in though that he never saw the car. Lucky for him, the car had some good brakes for he was able to avoid being tossed over the whole car.

He kept his hands on the hood of the car and stared at the woman who as in the drivers seat. She stared back, he hands clutching the steering wheel.

Madeleine breathed in and out, her heart nearly bursting out of her chest. She broke his gaze and watched the woman run out of the building and out to him, taking his arm from the car. If Madeleine wasn’t freaking out, not nearly by the near accident, but by the little smirk that he seemed to have given her, she would have yelled back at Lauren.


Nick allowed Lauren to lead him but stopped as he got to the curb and turned back around, his eyes scanned the cars but found nothing of the car or the woman that was driving it. He frowned as he walked in with Lauren, feeling strangely different.