- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A HA! Knew I had another one that needed updating. Okay..more of my wicked drama!
Chapter 5

He tapped his black and red painted nails on the steering wheel as he listened to his voice mail, his eyes closing and his head falling back. Just flippin ass great, his wife was in a damn pissy mood and she was taking it out on him. Not that he minded picking up his daughter from the class that she was at, but damn it, that was way on the other side of LA, and he had to be there in 20 minutes.

He checked the clock in his car and groaned, hitting the delete and shutting off the call. This little shit was what pissed him off when dealing with his wife. Oh, there were actually quite a bit of things, but this happened way more. She had gone out with her sister, although, that wasn’t the fact that bothered him. But she couldn’t have picked up Ava first? No, she left him to do it, knowing he had to rush to get over there.

And do it he would, even if he had to speed. He rolled his yes and quickly changed lanes, being just like everyone else in LA.

37 minutes later he pulled into the parking lot and quickly rushed into the building and headed to the elevator, barely glancing at the woman who stood next to him. He blinked once, seeing her from somewhere but mentally shook his head. He saw how many fans in a week’s time?

The doors chimed and he allowed her to go in before him and she turned, smiled and muttered a soft ‘thank you’. He walked in and went to stand against the wall, never really liking elevators. He closed his eyes and let out a breath, which got caught in his throat as he felt the elevator shutter and than come to a screeching halt.

“What the hell was that?” The woman across from him opened her eyes wide and started shaking her head in answer to his question; her blue eyes so clear and bright.

“I don’t know. But push the button.” He jammed his finger into the button, the elevator not even budging an inch. “Damn it, push the emergency button smart ass!” With that, he quickly glanced at her but did as she ordered, still nothing happening.

“Any other bright ideas genius?” This time it was her turn to glare at him.

“We can’t be stuck. I got to pick up my daughters!” She groaned and sank down on the floor, trying to keep herself from freaking out.

“Hey, so do I; you aren’t the only one!” She licked her lips and lifted her head, her bright eyes shimmering with tears and quickly he felt horrible for his snappy tone. She didn’t deserve it and it was obvious all of this was bothering her like it bothered him.

He swallowed hard and then sat down next to her, crossing his legs and leaned back on his hands, still watching her.
“I’m sorry. I’m AJ.” She wiped her eyes, took a breath and smiled.

“I’m Kristal, but you can call me Kris.”

“It’s a pleasure Kris.” That made her laugh and it was his turn to smile, rather enjoying that laugh.

“A pleasure? To be stuck in an elevator with someone you don’t know?”

“It’s a step up than being stuck in an elevator with someone you really hate. In this case, who knows how long we will be here, so we can get to know each other.” Kris lifted a brow but just shook her head.