- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry my laptop broke! Writing on my iPad, should have it fixed this week
That evening when she walked in to her house, she could smell the food.  He had a Pandora station with Frank Sinatra playing in the speaker system. She smiled as she walked over to the counter, "Hi."
He looked up and smiled, "Hi. Hungry?"
She nodded as she looked over at the chicken on the stove, "mmm yes, I am just going to run and shower real quick!"
She showered, threw her hair up in a clip. Did her make-up simple, and threw on a black knee length skirt and a mint bow back shirt, with Black wedges. She walked back outside and the music had changed to now a John Mayer station. She smiled as she sat on the stool at the counter facing him. He poured her a glass of wine and smiled. She smiled back, "Thank you. Is there anything I can do to help?"
He shook his head as he sipped his wine,"Nope I'm almost done, just finishing the white wine sauce. I didn't get dessert though, it slipped my mind."
She smiled, "I can make something real quick after dinner. How about a chocolate cake?"
Max laughed, "The perks of dating a baker."
During dinner they discussed his plans to be partner at the law firm. Max was in the running for partner, along with another big lawyer with close to the same win record as he has.
His next question threw her off, "Is it weird being around Nick? Since he's with June he's around a lot."
Delilah thought about it, "Not really. In a way he's not the same person, and neither am I. A lot has changed in 10 years, HE has changed a lot in 10 years. He has a different lifestyle, different personality. He's not the same 24 year old ass that cheated on me." She laughed a bit during that last sentence.
He looked at her, "But you still resent him for it?"
Her eyes widened a bit, "I don't. Well maybe a little. We talked about it this past weekend, so I shouldn't." She laughed nervously, this conversation was making her uncomfortable.
He noticed, "So what do we have in store for dessert?"
She smiled, appreciating the change of subject, "I was hoping to make a chocolate cake."
"From scratch?"
She faked offense, "Max! Of coure from scratch! I don't use box mixes."
He laughed as he started clearing the dishes and taking them to the kitchen."Sorry, did not mean to offend!"
She laughed as she followed him to start prepping the dish washer. "You should be that was really rude."
He stopped her from entering the kitchen, "Sit down I will prep the dish washer, then you can work on dessert. Here have another glass."
She smiled and glared at him, "Don't try to mask your offensive mistake with booze and kindness." He laughed again and shook his head as he continued clearing the table. She just watched in slighty fuzzy admiration.
Once he was done, she moved in to work on the cake. He stood by, switching to beer now."What made you want to bake?'
She mixed the batter, "Uh I don't really know. I liked pastries and I would help mom out with the cookies and stuff. Then I started dating Nick, and never really got to make cookies, or cook since we were on tour. After we split up I decided I needed something to keep my mind occupied so I started messing with baking. Then I found that I really really enjoyed it. Making different flavors, and decorating cupcakes." When she finished pouring the cake mix into the pan and setting it in the oven. She turned to Max with a spoon covered in chocolate batter, "Want some?"
He laughed and shook his head, "No thank you."
She shrugged as she put the spoon in her mouth, "Suit yourself."
He then moved closer to her, "You know I think I do want some."
She could feel some batter on the corner of her mouth and she went to wipe it but he stopped her. She looked up at him confused, as he leaned down and kissed that part of her mouth where the chocolate was. He pulled back and smiled, "That is really good." She laughed as she watched him put his finger in the bowl, then running a line down the side of her neck. She closed her eyes at his touch, then felt him move in closer to lick it off. She started breathing a bit heavier.
Then he brought his hand up to her neck and his mouth to hers kissing her a bit harder. She pulled back and smiled up at him, Holding on to the front of his shirt as she walked to the bedroom. Once in the room she reached down and pulled his shirt up insisting he removed it. She removed hers too and dropped it on the floor. He kissed her while his hands moved up her back, then he reached into his pocket for a condom. She helped him unwrap it and put it on then she pushed him on the bed. The corner of his mouth curved up into a devilish smile that filled her with lust. She climbed on top of him and lowered herself on to him. Finding a semi fast rhythm going one right after the other. 
Breathlessly she rolled off of him and laid on her back. Max turned and looked at her, "Wow...just wow." He chuckled as he got up and threw his pants and under shirt on. 
She sighed as she also got up and put some yoga shorts on, then grabbed the black sweater he was wearing and put it on. When he turned to her he smiled, "I like the way that looks on you."
She smiled as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. H brushed her hair out of her face and kissed here. Just then the timer on the oven went off, so she ran off to take the cake out. He ran a hand through his hair,"I should probably head out."
She put the cake in the fridge then turned around,"Unless you want to stay." She smiled coyly.
He let out a soft growl in his throat, which caused her stomach to do flips. She walked over to him and tugged on his white shirt bringing him down for a hard kiss. She ran her fingers through his hair and pulled gently, biting his lower lip softly. 
He backed up breathless, closed his eyes leaning on her forehead and whispered,"I only brought one condom."'
Delilah was surprised, then her lips curled up and she whispered into his mouth,"I'm on birth control." He moaned as he picked her up and kissed her taking her back into the bedroom.