- Text Size +
The next day at the bakery, Delilah sat at the counter attending to customers when there was a loud drilling noise. She ran out and saw the construction being started next door. Tennison was directing the men working. He noticed her and walked over,"Good morning Delilah, glorious day! Construction is starting and in 2 weeks on his side."
Max had arrived and was standing behind,"Not necessarily Tennison, I just put in a petition to extend the time Delilah has to allow me to stop this."
Tennison's grin disappeared but quickly came back,"Alright then." Win that he turned around and walked away.
Delilah turned to Max confused, "Why didn't you tell me about the extension?"
Max sighed as he leaned back on the wall,"I didn't want to give you false hope. This thing I'm fighting for is very small, and could just be me reaching for straws."
She shook her head and held his hand,"I am just glad you are here."
She walked back into the shop and sighed, "I just got season 2 of American Horror Story, want to come watch it?" Trish nodded, "That sounds good!"
Max raised his eyebrows, "American Horror Story?"
June popped a piece of cupcake in her mouth, "Mmm we should have margaritas!"
Delilah laughed, "That sounds good, I will make chili and y'all come over around 7?"
Max shook his head, "This sounds like a fun night, of watching a creepy ass show?"
Delilah turned to him, "Don't judge."
June pulled her phone out, "I'll tell Nick. He should be back by then, he went in to town to pick stuff up for tomorrow's acoustic night."
That night Delilah stirred the chili, she had Maroon 5 playing in the back ground as she swayed her hips side to side to Payphone. She had already had a glass of wine and half a margarita, so she was relaxed.
Nick walked in wearing a big black jacket, "Geez where did this cold come from?"
Delilah laughed," I know right? It's like Houston all over again! One day it's nice the next day it's snowing! Except it doesn't snow in Houston much." She turned to see that he was alone, which made her stomach flip. He took his jacket off placing it on the back of the high chair at the counter. He was wearing a navy blue V-neck shirt, with jeans, his hair spiked. She turned back to the chili and sipped the rest of her wine.
He walked in to the kitchen,"Need any help?"
She pointed to the wine, "please pour me another glass, I can't step away from the chili." He poured her some and handed it to her, his fingers barely touched hers and she pulled the glass away. She took a long gulp of the drink, he watched and smiled, but didn't say anything.
Max, Trish, and June walked in. Trish looked irritated,"where's the alcohol?"
Delilah turned, with a worried look,"um, the margaritas are there, the wine is here, and there's beer in the fridge. Everything ok Trish." Her friend ignored her as she grabbed the tequila and poured a shot.
Max went to greet Delilah,"she got into a fight with my brother, not a big one but still bummed her out." He turned it Nick, "Hey man how's it going?"
Nick opened his beer,"great! how was your trip? We'll I guess is is your trip since you live in New York."
Max laughed as he grabbed a beer from the fridge, "yea even ough I live over there, that seemed like a trip and this feels like home." He turned and smiled at Delilah who was grinning.
Nick smirked, shaking his head as he brought the beer to his mouth to drink. Delilah watched, not being able to take her focus off of his lips as they part slightly. She catches herself and turns back to the chili. The takes out the bowls pouring sour cream and cheese. Nick leans back over the counter, "Do you need help?"
She nods, "Um yea, if you could grab some spoons and put them in these bowls and crackers in the pantry."
She starts pouring the chili in the bowls, when she turns around and Nick is standing pretty close. She looks up, noticing his eyes matched his shirt. He smirks like he knows what she's thinking, "How about I pass these out?" He takes the bowl from her hand purposely touching her fingers.
She swallowed hard and turned back to the chili bowls.
June went to the closet in the hall and grabbed the large circular pillow and plopping down in the middle with her bowl of chili.
Trish laid across the love seat with her bowl and a margarita on the floor.
Nick sat on the end of the 3 person seat, and Max sat at the other end. When Delilah walked over she cursed in her mind. Ugh what a cliche!
She grabbed her throw cover and sat in between the two guys. June pushed play and they all started the show and ate their chili.
Episode 1 of the second season starts off with Adam Levine. Trish laughed, "Oh Adam Levine is so hot!
Delilah nodded, "The things I would do to that man!"
Max turned to her with his eyebrows raised, "Wow!"
She laughed but before she could answer Nick also laughed, "I know him, he's a bit of a douche. He thinks highly of himself!"
June laughed even harder,"YOU think highly of yourself!"
Delilah turned to him, "Which makes you a douche." She winked and turned back to the show. Everyone laughed, then went back to the show too.
Delilah pulled her blanket over her legs up to her shoulder, then put her hand down next to her. She could feel Nick's hand next to her, about to move it away when she felt him graze the back of her hand with hers. Butterflies flew around in her stomach. She didn't move her hand, so he kept doing it. Shortly after Max sneezed and it startled her, causing her to bring her hands up. Her heart was beating fast, as if he had just caught her. She blessed him and brought her knees up on the couch with her hands gripping the quilt up to her chest. She took a deep breath and put her hand down, this time Nick had moved his hand a little towards her so when it came down it came down on his. She raised it a little considering to put it down or not, finally she slipped her hand up his, leading with her middle finger up his palm. He loosening as she brought her fingers to meet his, slipping them between his. He gave her a soft squeeze then started running the his thumb down the length of hers. She could see him glance down to where their hands were intertwined under the blanket. Guilt struck in her hand, making her move her hand away and keeping it in her lap the rest of the show.
Two episodes in, Trish sat up, "Oh I think I'm going to be sick."
Max leaned over to Delilah, "I should probably take her home. She has been hitting the margaritas pretty hard."
Delilah nodded as everyone started getting up and stretching. June helped Trish, "I'll come home with you and stay. She could need the shoulder." Max nodded as they way to the car, leaning over and giving her a kiss goodbye.
Nick also got up, "I'm just gonna run to the restroom and head out too."
Delilah walked them out the door, watching them get in and pull out. She closed the door and locked it. She could feel him behind her, even though he wasn't touching her yet.
She turned around and looked up into his eyes. He didn't say anything, as she stood on her tip toes. She pulled the front of his shirt towards her. He kissed her, bringing his hands to her waist. She ran her hand up the side of his arm. He picked her up and put her on the counter. She undid his pants and he sat back on the high chair. She slid on to him, keeping her mouth on his the whole time. When they finished, he put her down breathing heavy. Guilt written all over his face, "I...uh..."
She closed her eyes, as he grabbed his jacket and walked out the door.