- Text Size +
Delilah wore her bluetooth piece in her ear as she rolled the dough at the bakery the next morning. She was on the phone with Andy, "I feel like shit Andy. What do I do now?"
Andy on the other end heading out to work, "Well for starters stop having sex with your ex-husband." He laughed.
She rolled her eyes, "Clearly that is the intention. I don't know what my deal is! Its just lust for him, the minute I see him its like I can't help it!"
"Do you regret it?"
She thought for a moment, "The odd thing is that I don't. I feel bad because of Max, but I enjoy Nick."
"So why don't you dump Max and try Nick out again?"
She shook her head, knowing he can't see her, "I like Max though, I enjoy him too. Besides I don't think I want to be with Nick." She groaned loudly in frustration. "Why did he have to come back?"
Andy was silent on the other end for a bit, "Dee, I wish I could make it better for you, but I can't. I can only say that you will end up hurting yourself and those two guys if you continue the track you are going on. If you like Max then stick to Max and let go of Nick, it isn't fair to either of them."
"I know. Thanks for listening, you are the only person I can confide in that won't judge me. Trish will judge because of Max and June because of Nick." She sighed as she sat on the stool and put her hands on her head. "I wish you were here, you could help me stay on track and away from him."
"Max should help you stay on track and away from him."
He should. Why can't he?"Maybe I just need to stay away from Nick for a while."
He chuckled, "How do you plan on doing that in that small town of yours?"
She shrugged, once more knowing he can't see her. "Touche mister. I better go, it looks like someone is here. I'll call you later."
She looked out the front window at the truck that pulled up outside her door. She noticed him getting out of the car and groaned. Nick was unloading the equipment for the music night as she walked to the front to unlock the door.
He turned at the sound of the door and nodded a greeting to her. He didn't say anything, keeping his head down.
She barely looked at him, "I have to get back to the oven. I will prop the door open and you can work freely in the shop."
She turned to the door, dropping the door stop and headed to the back.
She returned to the kitchen and turned Pandora on her Maroon 5 playlist and continued baking.
After about an hour, Nick walked in to the kitchen and leaned against the frame,"I'm done here."
She didn't turn to look at him, "Ok just close the door behind you it will lock itself."
He stepped towards her, "Delilah I'm sorry about last nigt."
She shook her head, "Don't apologize, it wasn't just you and you didn't even initiate it."
He took another step reach for her hand, she pulled back "I can't do this right now. I like Max, I want to try it with Max."
He stopped walking and looked down, "What about me?"
She shook her head, "I don't know. All I know is that I can't be near you without my stomach doing flips."
He looked at her again, "That has to mean something."
Tears filled her eyes, "Nick being with you ends in heartache for me. It has in the past and its hard to believe that it won't now. I can't do that again, I can't go through that again. I'm sorry, I just need to stay away from you."
NIck's shoulders slumped as he took a step back, "I'm sorry." With that he walked out the door leaving her in the kitchen alone. She sat on the stool and pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. She took a deep breath and got back to work.
Throughout the day she found herself distracted, Trish, luckily, didn't ask any questions, she just picked up her slack. When the rush was over, she sat next to Delilah and looked at her, "You ok?"
Delilah turned to her and nodded forcing a small smile, "Just have a lot on my mind. You know with the bakery in trouble and all." Hoping that was believable, then changing the focus to Trish, "What about you? What happened with Jeremy?"
Trish shook her head, "Oh you know Jeremy and his jealousy thing. He was upset to leave me at home with Max even though he is seeing you. Still causes him to worry since I told him about my dream."
Delilah's eyes widened, "You told him about your dream?"
Trish nodded, "Yea, I don't like keeping things from him. Feels wrong. The base to a good relationship is trust and honesty. He had to know. He didn't take it bad then he just laughed it off, but I guess now its eating at him. He is coming home tomorrow instead of over the weekend."
June walked in with a box of decorations, "I have been spreading the word about tonight all over town and everyone is excited! I think it will be a good turnout!"
Delilah smiled, actually excited about that night's activities, "Do you think we will have many performers?"
June shrugged, "I think there were a few, but at least you have Nick. I just talked to him, he has a few songs already lined up. If no one else shows up to sing, he has TONS of songs to fall back on."
Trish laughed, "I'm surprised he isn't here helping you. He's usually attached at your hip."
Delilah tried to tune out the conversation about him. June bit the inside of her lip, "He sounded kind of weird. I asked him if he wanted to come help me decorate and he was quick about saying no then getting off the phone." Delilah turned away and closed her eyes hoping her friends didn't notice. Her friends continued their conversation behind her.
That evening the bakery was full of a young crowd around Delilah's age. They sat at the tables around the mini stage Nick had set up. There was soft lighting illuminating the corner where the stage was. Nick had brought an acoustic guitar and an electronic keyboard. He stood back by the equipment with his head down while Delilah thanked everyone for coming out to their first Acoustic night. She turned to him, and nodded letting him take the stage. He wore a black thermal shirt and jeans, with a grey scarf loose around his neck. He sat on the stool with his guitar, "I'm real excited to get this going here at Delilah's. I have a few songs for you guys, a few covers, and then anyone that is up for it can come up and show us what you've got." He smiled at the crowd that were now watching him.
Delilah stood back at the counter, attending the new customers with hot chocolate, coffee, and pastries.
Nick started strumming the guitar to Crash Into Me by Dave Mathews Band. Some of the girls in the crowd yelled out "Woo!" He smirked at them as he started singing.
You've got your ball
you've got your chain
tied to me tight tie me up  again
who's got their claws
in you my friend
Into your heart I'll beat  again
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock
and sweet you  roll
Lost for you I'm so lost for you

You come crash into me
And I  come into you
I come into you
In a boys dream
In a boys  dream

Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows  so
I'm bare boned and crazy for you
When you come crash
into me,  baby
And I come into you
In a boys dream
In a boys dream

*At this point all the ladies in the room stared with lust in their eyes at him. He sang with his eyes closed not noticing. June and Trish were smirking, both in a trance too. He looked up at Delilah who was staring at him, with her mouth slightly parted, as memories and sensations of them together ran through her head with every note he sang. When their eyes met she turned away and walked back in to the kitchen.

If I've  gone overboard
Then I'm begging you
to forgive me
in my haste
When I'm holding you so girl
close  to me

Oh and you come crash
into me, baby
And I come into  you
Hike up your skirt a little more
and show the world to me
Hike up  your skirt a little more
and show your world to me
In a boys dream.. In a boys dream

Oh I watch you there
through the window
And I stare at  you
You wear nothing but you
wear it so well
tied up and twisted
the  way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash
into me

im the king  of the castle
your a dirty rascle, crash into me

The crowd clapped loving the vibe he was giving off. He smirked once more at the ladies in the room.
Meanwhile in the kitchen, Max walked in the back where Delilah was, laughing, "Wow he really put on a show out there! I swear every girl wanted to jump his bones!"
Delilah laughed nervously, "Yea, he's had years of practice with that technique." She did feel relieved to have him here,"I'm glad you came. Are you going to take the stage?" She grinned.
He blushed and shook his head, "Uh no, I can't sing to save my life. Jeremy is the musically inclined one." He walked over to her and held her by the waist and kissed her. She smiled up at him, he wore a denim jacket with a gray hoodie under it, with black jeans. Turning back to a tray of cupcakes,dusting flour from her hands. "Gimme a hand here babe, I need to get these out on the counter."
When they walked out Nick had started a new song, equally as sexual.
We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do 
Discover me, discoverin' you
(You're Body is a Wonderland By John Mayer)
Delilah rolled her eyes and groaned, "Oh for fuck's sake." She shook her head as she could practically hear the squeels escape the lips of all the girls.