- Text Size +
Nick finished his set with Madeline which is a song from the In A World Like This album by The Backstreet Boys. Delilah was impressed by the song writing and the message behind the song. She was glad it was something simple and sweet, to where she wouldn't have to pour cold water on her clients.
A two guys went up after Nick to do 3 songs each, one on the keyboard and one on the acoustic guitar. A girl did a beautiful cover of "Someone Like You" by Kings of Leon on the keyboard.
Delilah was pleased with the turn out and the amount of people willing to perform. She decided to perform one song at the keyboard. Her friends only having heard her sing around the shop looked at her with intrigued glances.
She sat at the keyboard and started the notes to Stay by Rihanna.
All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something,"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer."

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.
Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay
*She continued to play closing her eyes for a moment. Before she started the second verse she heard someone else begin it. She turned to find Nick sitting in the stool next to her singing Mikky's part.

Nick: It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take–it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay.

Both: Ooh, ooh, ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, ooh, ooh, 'cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
*She glanced at him directing these words to him. He looked back at her.
'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay.
I want you to stay, oh.

When they finished he smiled at the crowd's response. She thanked everyone for coming out and promised to do this weekly as long as the good response continued.
June clapped as she walked over to them, "Wow you guys sound great together!"
Delilah smiled, avoiding Nick's glance, "Thanks. I wasn't expecting that one."
Nick shrugged, "Its a duet, I couldn't just let it go sang solo."
She looked at him, "Yea ywell ou should have." She turned away and headed off to start cleaning up the place. After everyone was gone Max sat on the counter as Delilah did some accounting, "What's up with you and Nick?"
Her heart beat fast in her chest, "What do you mean?"
Max crossed his arms, "Well you guys seemed to be doing okay around each other but the tension has been crazy today."
Shit. Shit. Shit. "I don't know what you are talking about."
Max shook his head, "I don't know, it may just be me but I feel like you are lying. Last night y'all were fine, today you can't even look at him. Trish made me think last night, saying that I am very trusting to be ok with you and your ex-husband hanging out so much."
Delilah tried to laugh it off, "Trish was drunk last night."
He interupted her, "That's besides the point Delilah. I don't like you hanging out with him that much."
Delilah started getting defensive, "Excuse me? Are you telling me who to hang out with? We've bene dating for a week chill out." Shit, stop being defensive. That will look like you are guilty! Which you are by the way. Her inner dialogue was interfering with her words. "I'm not just stop hanging out with him just because you don't like it. He's my friend."
Max stood up,, getting a little angrier, "He's your ex-husband too! He practically eye fucked you through the first song. I need to know if I need to be worried because I can't compete with that!"
She felt her cheeks burn as she rememeberd how he looked at her. She shook her head and walked towards Max, "I've been down that road before Max. I'm not in a hurry to go back down it." She slipped her arms around his waist."You have nothing to worry about between me and Nick."
Liar.
The next evening while Delilah and Trish cleaned up the shop, Jeremy, Max and June sat at a table talking. Jeremy excitedly, "We should go out this weekend, in to town."
Max nodded as he sipped his coffee, "We should! We should go bar hoping Friday night, and then club hopping Saturday night. We could share one of those big suites, it will be fun! Don't you think June?"
Delilah and Trish had both stopped what they were doing and looked at June, "Hell yea! You know how much I love to party! I'll tell Nick."
Max looked over at June, "Nick?"
Delilah's eyes widened a bit, but then she collected herself, deciding not to speak was her best option. June raised an eyebrow, "Yea, I'm not going as the 5th wheel with you four. I'm sorry do you have a problem with him?" June looked at Delilah who shrugged and continued working on the counter.
Max forced a laugh, "No, June of course I don't." He then glanced back at Delilah. She could feel him looking at her but kept her head down counting the money.
The following day, Delilah gave Mrs. Pinkerton the keys to her house so she could check up on Dobby while they were gone. "Thank you so much Mrs. Pinkerton! I greatly appreciate it!"
The elder lady smiled, "It is my pleasure, you guys have fun!"
They piled into a rented Dodge Caravan, Jeremy drove with Trish in the passenger seat. Delilah and Max sat in the middle seats, while June and Nick were in the back.
Max turned to Delilah, "So what are you wearing tonight?" He smirked at her, "Hopefully something short."
She turned to him and laughed, "It's going to be like 50 degrees tonight." He laughed too and shook head reaching over and holding her hand. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Nick watching them. When they arrived at the hotel, Max checked them in to their 2 bedroom suite.
June looked around, "Wow this place is gorgeous! Reminds me of one I stayed at in Atlanta with this guy." Everyone look at her and she smiled, "It was just innoncent fun. Anyways I am assuming the couples are taking the bedrooms and we get the couches?"
Max nodded as he headed into one of the bedrooms with Delilah in tow holding his hand, "Yup!"