- Text Size +
Delilah sat in the bathroom for just a few minutes longer after Nick walked out. Her mind racing, mainly arguing with herself. Finally deciding that this was not the time nor the place, she walked out and bumped into Trish.
"There you are! We've been looking for you. Where's Max?"
Delilah smiled, "He got called back for some kind of development in a case he is working on. So when he left I got up and came down to breakfast."
June nodded, "I heard him leave, that is when I went in to your room because the couch is too small. Have you seen Nick?"
As if on qeue he came around the corner with a tea, "Hey guys." He grinned at them all. Delilah kept her face down.
Trish put her arm through Jeremy's, hooking elbows, "We were going to walk around downtown and maybe do some window shopping. Want to come?"
Nick nodded, "Yep, beats staying indoors all day."
June smiled up at him, then to Delilah, "Lilah? You coming?"
If you don't they will think something is up. You should probably go. "Yea that sounds fun."
June clapped her hand, then put her arm through Nick's, hooking elbows. He smiled and continued eating his pastry. He looked over at Delilah and extended his other elbow, she smiled politely. "I am just gonna run up and put my book away."
They walked around town, buying a few things here and there. Then went to dinner before heading out to the clubs.
At the second club they were at Delilah was dancing with Trish and Jeremy. She had a few drinks so she was feeling relaxed and happy. Trish leaned over to her, "We're gonna get some drinks."
Delilah nodded and continued dancing with her eyes closed. She felt someone close to her dancing, so she looked over and saw a guy dancing with her. He seemed intoxicated as well, but not too close so she continued dancing. He went to put his hand on her waist and she pulled back, "I'm sorry I'm with someone."
He shook his head and pulled her towards him, "No you're not I've been watching you for a while."
She stopped dancing and tried to pull away, "I am with someone."
He held his grip on her, until he heard a voice behind them, "Hey man, back off."
He let go of her and turned, as she turned as well to see Nick standing there. The guy looked at Nick then at Delilah,"You're here with him?"
Delilah looked at Nick then at the guy and nodded, "Yes."
The guy shook his head, "Dude, I've watched her almost all night she's been dancing alone. Not much of an outing together, for this pretty girl. If don't keep close to her I'm going to have to step in and show her a good time." He shook his head again and walked off.
Delilah, a little surprised let out a laugh, "Alright then."
Nick laughed too, running his hand through his hair. "That was interesting. You ok?"
She nodded, "Yea he's just had a little too much. Thanks for that." She ran her hand through her hair too, "Since he's watching we might as well dance." She smiled as Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5 came on.
A girl with a tray sampling some kind ofliquor walked by. Nick grabbed two, handing one to Delilah. She smirked as she drank the shot and put it back on the tray. Nick tipped the girl then turned to Delilah. She had her back to him dancing with the music. He placed a hand on her hip, she leaned back into him going with rhythm.
June walked up to Trish with another drink, she shouted over the music, "Have you seen Nick?"
Trish squinted as she looked through the crowd, her eyes widened when she found him. "He's over there with Delilah."
June turned and saw them dance. Her back was to him and his hand was on her waist. After a few songs they walked up to them.
Delilah was tugging on his shirt, once they were closer to them she let go and stood next to her friends. "You won't believe the creeper that was dancing with me earlier! He got all handsy and wouldn't back off until Nick walked up and saved me."
Nick laughed and drank from the glass infront of him, "Creeper? Nice."
Delilah shook her head, "So since we told him we were together we figured we'd dance so he wouldn't come bother me." She took a sip from her glass, "He's my date now." She giggled.
June crossed her arms, "Wow really? Way to cockblock, Delilah."
"Excuse me? I wasn't aware I was cock blocking. Didn't know you came here with intentions of hooking up, Nick. I wouldn't have gone along with it if I knew."
Confused he shook his head slowly, shrugging. Trish and Jeremy just looked at the three of them. June groaned, "Not him, ME." She turned around and left angrily.
Delilah's mouth dropped slightly surprised, "June."
Nick put his arm out, "Let me go."
He followed June out into the alley, "June, what was that?"
She leaned on the brick, "You dumped me for her!"
He shook his head, "I am so sorry I didn't think we were here together. I thought we were all here freely."
She crossed her arms, trying to stay balanced, "I didn't bring you here to dance on her. You are my date." She pouted and then pinched the front of his shirt and pulled him towards her, "I was hoping to rekindle what we had a few weeks ago, at least for tonight." She stood on her tip toes to try to kiss him, but he pulled back.
"June, you're drunk. You don't want to go down that road, you said so yourself when you found out about us." He put his hands on her shoulders and softly pushed her back,"Besides, even if you wanted to. I don't think I can anymore."
She crossed her arms, "Because of Delilah?"
He hesitated, hoping the answer wasn't clear on his face, "No June. Because of you, we are friends. We have developed a better relationship than that, can't mess it up with a drunken night."
She groaned, "Ugh fine I will find someone else for the night."
He laughed and shook his head, "I don't think so kiddo. Come on lets go back in and dance."
They left that club and moved on to the enxt few. Escaping the creeper, Delilah was able to let Nick dance with June, who seemed to still be a tad bitter towards Delilah but not with Nick. She let it go, knowing it was just the alcohol acting out, and enjoyed her weekend out.

Monday around 2PM Delilah and Trish were at the counter attending to people. Nick walked in with a surprise for Delilah.
"Wow Nick, how did you find this town? It is so homey."
Nick smiled at his friends,"I met a girl in LA, and she invited me home."
"I could really see myself living out here. Ooo cupcakes!"
Nick laughed again, "Yes, but that's not why we came." The four guys looked at Nick confused, as he nodded towards the counter.
Delilah was handing the customer his changed, "Thank you and have a wonderful day Mr. Benson." She looked at up the door and saw them there, all five of them. Her heart jumped into her throat as she saw the 4 guys that welcomed her as a little sister 10 years ago. They stared back at her with amazement in their eyes. Her bottom lip trembeld, "oh my God." She covered her mouth and walked over to them.
Brian reached her first and wrapped his arms around her. She burried her face in his chest, a small sob escaping her mouth. Howie was next, hugging her tightly. AJ grabbed her face between his hands and gave her a kiss on the forehead and pulled her in for a hug. Her final hug was Kevin, she tip toed to throw her arms around his shoulder. He hugged her by the waist, as she burring her face in his neck, tears streaming down her face.
He rubbed her back as he tried to soothe her silent sobs. She had left them all behind when she separated from Nick. These four guys were her world at one point. They protected her from media, fans, and sometimes Nick himself. She never thought she would see them again.
Nick stood by with his hands in his pocket as watched his friends also rub tears from their eyes. When she pulled away from Kevin, she laughed at herself. "I'm sorry, I am being so silly." They all comforted her. She turned to Nick and mouthed "Thank you." He smiled and nodded.
Kevin smiled down at her,"Delilah, I can't believe you are here."
She laughed, "You? I was surprised to see Nick, now to have all of you here."
Brian looked around, "Is this your place?"
Nick smiled and nodded proudly, "Yep, she got her Bachelor's and started her own business."
She looked up at him and blushed. AJ shook his head and laughed, "Damn girl, you have grown! You look great."
She laughed, "Thank you." At that point she noticed the entire bakery had stopped and was just staring now. She looked around and laughed, "How about we take this conversation to my house tonight? For dinner?"
Howie nodded, "Yea good idea."
They waved as they headed out. Delilah stopped Nick, "This was the most amazing surprise. Thank you!" She reached up and hugged him, kissing him on the cheek. She headed back to work, not being able to stop smiling the rest of the day.