- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope to add a chapter a day maybe two a day!
Nick set the keys down on the table and turned to the tall red head that had convinced him to come. She smiled at him "I'm going to go take a shower and get ready then I'll meet you back here to head out?" 
He nodded, "Sounds good."
He walked over to her, she leaned up and kissed him."Mmm unless you want me to stay and shower here." She smiled flirtatiously. 
He laughed and shook his head,"I bet you'd like that huh?" 
She laughed too and shrugged her shoulders as she walked out,"it was worth a shot. See ya later babe."
Nick sat on the bed and sighed letting himself fall backwards. She's here, out of all the people to run into in this small town. Delilah. She looks great. How long has it been since I saw her last? Almost 10 years. Guess she hasn't told her friends about us since she pretended not to know me. He thought about the look on her face when she saw him. His heart started beating so fast when she walked in. He isn't a nervous person but watching her walk in from the back room made him panic. 
He got up and started getting ready for his dinner date with June wondering when he would be able to talk with Delilah. 
Delilah went down the list of contacts one more time with Trish and Colbie. She was about to head out for Houston to handle some things with her family. She would be gone for a week and she was leaving Trish in charge of the shop. She hadn't seem much of June and Nick since they arrived three days ago, which was a good thing. Their last meeting was surprising and awkward. Delilah didn't like thinking about Nick and June hooking up so she was glad she would get to go home for a week to distract her. She'll deal with this mess when she gets back.
After running down the list Trish walked Delilah to her car,"Ok so you will drop Dobby off at my house on you're way to the airport? Or do you want me to pick him up?
Dobby is Delilah's 3 year old golden retriever. He is her baby, so she worries about him. "Do you think you can pick him up on your way home? I still have to run out to the bank and deposit some cash from last week." 
Trish nodded "yea no problem I can pick him up. I'm sure Sam and Dean will love having him over." Sam and Dean are Trish's Great Danes, they were named after the guys from Supernatural as all 3 girls were big fans of the show. Trish was a major fangirl, more so than June or Delilah. 
Delilah sighed and hugged her friend,"thank you! Have you talked to June?"
Trish nodded,"Yea we are suppose to go out with her and Nick tomorrow night. Have you talked to her?"
Delilah also nodded,"Yea she tried to invite me to that too but I told her I had to go out of town for a week."
"Oh I'm sure that would be awkward so glad you have an out."
Delilah got in her car and headed out to the bank and the airport.
 *2 Days Later in Houston*
Delilah sat with her lifelong friend Andy at the dinner where they used to go when she lived in Houston. He is one of the few people that were around when she was married to Nick. He sipped his soda,"So your friend is dating you're ex husband?"
Delilah nodded,"Yup that's my luck. No matter how much I tried to stay away from him, he ends up in my town with June."
Andy laughs"Wow you do have the worst luck, I'm sorry Lilah. Are you going to tell her?"
She nodded,"I am but I don't know when or how. Any suggestions?"
Their food arrived, the waitress placed a burger in front of Delilah and a salad infront of Andy. She laughed"I am proud of you and your healthy eating. Here I am owning a cupcake shop and eating burgers."
"Hey but you look great so you are obviously doing something right."
They ate their dinner not mentioning Nick and June anymore. 
The next day she was over at her parents house signing the paper work to  split up their grand fathers assets. This time it was her mothers dad who has passed away. He didn't leave much assets, mostly debts that were to be paid off with the littl emoney he did leave. Their family wasn't too close to him, but her mother was his only child so he left all to her. The memorial service had been for him the day before, and today was just the will signing. Delilah's parents had business matters to attend to out of town so they said their goodbyes and left. Beverly and Cassidy, Delilah's sisters, also had to jet out of town with their families leaving Delilah alone. She went back to her hotel room and figured she might as well just head back. She didn't know of all these plans that her family had made, which is why she had scheduled her time here for the whole week instead of just the few days. She called Andy on her way back to the hotel, "Hey I'm heading back, my family has abandoned me again." She joked as she got in the cab she called.
He sounded bummed on the other line,"Really? I'm sorry Lilah, you could always hang out with me."
She thought about it for a second, but shook her head, "No, I really should get back to the shop. I'm afraid of what Trish and Colbie have been up to. When will you come visit? Soon I hope?"
He laughed, "I will try to make it out next month I promise."
She rolled her eyes, "Yea yea I've been hearing that for the past 5 years. It was really nice to see you Andy."
They said their good byes and she hung up as she arrived at the airport.
She went straight to pick up Dobby, by the time she made it to her house, it was dark. She walked in and dropped her keys on the table and her bags on the floor. It had only been 4 days but she felt like it had been forever since she had been home. Stress will do that to you. She turned on the lights in the kitchen as she poured herself a glass of wine. Just then a wet and naked Nick walked out of the guest bedroom.