- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry! been busy at work and home!
Delilah walked through the airport and looked around for Max. She had so many mixed emotions, excitement, nervousness, sadness, etc. She finally spotted him holding a small piece of cardboard that said "Delilah". She giggle as she headed over to him. He was wearing blue jeans, a black thermal sweater/shirt and a pea coat. When he saw her he smiled real big and held out his arms. She walked into them wrapping her arms around his torso, burrying her face into his shirt trying not to cry. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, kissing her the top of her head. He finally pulled back a bit, and held her face in his hands as he kissed her. He grabbed her carry on with one hand and held her hand with the other, "Come on let's go find Dobby." They loaded up in to his car, and headed out into the city.
They checked in at the Eventi Hotel, and went up to their room. Delilah was amazed, "How much does this place cost?"

He laughed, "Please don't worry about that. Enjoy, you are in the middle of everything! My loft is about 20 blocks away, I take a taxi everywhere."

They reached the hotel suite and put her bags on the couch in the living room couch. She looked out the tall window into the city. It was now 7 PM and the lights were flashing around. She walked in to the bedroom where the king size bed was, with white fluffy comforter. The wall were dark grey, and the furniture black. There was another tall window facing the city lights, with a balcony. She stood at the window looking out, taking it all in. Max walked up behind her, "How are you doing?"

She smiled and leaned back into him, "Better now that I'm here."

He moved her hair to the other side of her shoulder and kissed her neck. She closed her eyes, letting out a soft moan. She turned around and kissed him wrapping her arms around his neck. He pulled back, "Do you want to go out to dinner?"

She shook her head, "If its ok with you, I'd like to stay in tonight. It has been a long day."

He smiled and nodded,"I understand, we can order in."

She led him to the bed, "Besides, I've missed you."

He pulled his sweater off and smiled at her as he followed.

They laid in bed waiting for the food to arrive. She put her head on his shoulder, "so when does your family get in?"

"Tomorrow morning, we are meeting up for breakfast. My sister is staying at my place, my parents in this hotel. Jeremy and Trish will be in this hotel too."

She yawned, "How come your sister isn't staying here?"

He yawned too and laughed, "That's contageous. She doesn't get along with my parents too well, so she prefers to stay with me."

"Oh."

He ran his hands through her hair, as they watched a movie. The food finally arrived and he went out to get it, throwing on a robe.

The next morning they headed out to meet his parents for breakfast in the lobby. They arrived in the early morning hours so they would have the whole day to explore. Jeremy and Trish would arrive later on in the day. Delilah sat quiet in the elevator holding Max's hand. She had met his parents briefly at Jeremy and Trish's wedding. He looked over at her, "You ok?" She nodded taking in a big breath. He laughed softly leaning over and kissing her, "You will be fine."

When they stepped off the elevator they walked to a large table and sat down. Shortly after, an older well dressed couple walked up, "Max!" His mom was as a little taller than Delilah, maybe around 5' 7 where Delilah was 5'2, slender but not thin, with dirty blonde hair. His dad was just as tall Max, salt and pepper hair, average weight size. Max got up and greeted them both with hugs and kisses. Then he turned to Delilah, "Mom, Dad this is my girlfriend Delilah. Delilah these are my parents, Teresa and Samuel"

Her heart threatening to leap out of her chest, she forced a smile and reached her hand out, "Nice to meet you."

His mom laughed, "Oh hunny don't be so formal! Come here!" She reached over and brought her in for a hug. Delilah let out a small laugh as his dad also pulled her in for a hug.

Once they were seated and had their drink orders taken they continued their conversation. His mom sat next to her, "So Delilah, what do you do dear?"

"I own a bakery down in Harkers Island."
His dad put some butter on a roll, "Oh a bakery? That sounds interesting, how did you come across that career?"

She went in to her life story with them, pausing to order their meal. Once she was finished they both had so many questions. How did you guys meet? How long have you been together?

After breakfast, they headed out to hit the shops and walk around. They were to meet up with the rest of his family that evening for dinner at a very nice restaurant. Delilah stepped in to a clothing boutique. She saw a black dress that would be perfect for that evening's dinner. Along with a gorgeous white A-line peacoat. She kept looking around deciding that she needed a new wardobe and a new style. Max helped her pick out some outits at different shops and also bought her some outfits, even after she protested.

They ran in to Trish and Jeremy at the hotel after shopping. Trish smiled, "Hey hun, how are you doing?"

"Been better, but it is helping to be out here. I met your mother in law this morning."

Trish laughed, "Isn't she a hoot? Wait until she drinks, then she will be much more fun." She looked at all the shopping bags, "Wow looks like you found the shopping strip!"

Delilah nodded as she glanced over at Max who had more bags, "Yes, I needed a distraction and a new wardrobe. I'll see you guys tonight, I want to run up and take a nap before dinner I am tired!" Max helped up to her room, "Want me to stay?"

She shook her head, "You don't have to. I'll be ok. I'm sure you want to go make sure your sister made it in ok."

He smiled and kissed her,"You're right."

She walked him to the door and he kissed her forehead, "Get some rest."

She laid down on the bed and sighed,staring up at the ceiling. She thought of Nick, and the look of pain in his eyes. She closed her eyes and picked up her cell phone to text him. She typed out the text.

Hey. What are you up to?

She stared at it before erasing it and texting June instead.

Hey, miss me?

June's response was almost instant.

Not really. :P You abandoned me. lol jk can't talk about to go out to eat with Nick. ttyl

Once more Delilah sighed and turned on her side closing her eyes hoping to fall asleep.
Later on that evening she adjusted her make up and her dress. She had picked out a black long sleeve off the shoulder lace dress, that went down mid thigh. She paired it with black pumps, and her hair was done in a low up do. There was a knock on the bedroom door, then Max walked in wearing black dress pants and a white button up shirt. The top button was un done. She walked out of the bathroom grabbing her new pea coat and silver clutch purse. "Ready?"

He stared at her, the corner of his mouth turning up, "You look amazing."

She felt her cheeks warm up, "Thank you."

He walked up to her, putting his hand on her waist kissing her softly."We should head out."

She nodded as she looked at his full lips, then pulled him down for another kiss.

He groaned, "Come on, lets go before I decide we need to stay in again tonight."

She laughed as he took her hand and her coat and they headed out. When they stepped in the elevator they noticed they were alone. He pulled her in to him as he leaned back on the wall. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. She slipped her tongue in her mouth and he pulled her tighter. Just then the elevator digned and she pulled away as the doors opened. Jeremy and Trish walked in, noticing Max's red mouth they both smirked. Trish was wearing a cream colored dress that huged her body and went down to her knees, and Jeremy was dressed like Max. Delilah smiled up Max as she intertwined her fingers with his and leaned on his shoulder, slightly embarassed.

When they reached the lobby they took multiple cabs to the restaurant. They shared a cab with Max's sister Serena, who was also 28. She was on her cell phone the whole ride. Max and Delilah sat quietly talking about their plans after dinner while holding hands. He rubbed his thumb along her hand, bringing back memories from the night when Nick did the same thing while they were watching American Horror Story. She tried to push away thoughts of him and concetrated on Max.

At dinner they conversed about Delilah's career and Max's opportunity to become partner in his law firm. Then Serena leaned in to Delilah, "So you were married to Nick Carter?"
Delilah's eyes widened as the rest of the table looked over at her. Max glared at his sister, "Serena."

She laughed as she drank her wine, "What? No one said it was off limits."

Teresa looked at Delilah, "So you were married in the past?"

Once more Serena laughed and rolled her eyes, "Yea mom to a Backstreet Boy." Then turned to Delilah and smirked, "What was that like?"

Delilah smiled politely, "Complicated." Then she looked down at her lap.

Serena watched her, then quickly changed the subject, "So I quit my job!" That led to a discussion about her life.

Max turned to Delilah, "I am so sorry about that. She over heard our conversation on the phone."

"It's fine. No worries." She smiled.

The conversation got a little heated with Serena's announcement of not having a job that they decided to save it for later. Max's dad smoothed the conversation, "So what are you guys doing after dinner?"
"We're gonna head back to the hotel and probably turn in."

Teresa covered her yawn, "That sounds like a good idea."

Serena rolled her eyes, "You party poopers. I'm going to go clubbing."

In the elevator, Max brought his hand up to her shoulders and softly ran his fingers across her back. The gesture gave her chills, she glared at him not being able to do anything to retaliate since they shared the elevator with his family. The minute they exited on their floor, she pinned him to the wall and pressed her mouth on his. He laughed as she moved to his neck, where she knew she could get him. He put his hand on her lower back and turned them around to where he was pinning her against the wall. Once they reached their floor, she walked ahead of him flirtingly smiling as he chased her to the room. Inside he pinned her against the door kissing her hard. He moved his mouth to her neck then her shoulders, "This dress is extremely hot on you, it was driving me crazy during dinner."

She laughed throwing her head back and leaning in to him, "I see that." She pulled away and lead him in to the bedroom. She turned away from him, "Unzip me?"

Out of breath he watched her from behind then smiled as he slowly unzipped her dress. His fingers light grazing her back on their way down, running chills down her arms. The dress fell to the floor and she turned around faced him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down on the bed.