- Text Size +
Sunday night they decided to go dancing at a restaurant that had a dance floor and played music such as Sinatra, Buble, and he stuff.

After they finished their dinner, and a few glasses of wine, Max pulled Delilah onto the dance floor as Michael Buble's Come On Dance with Me came on. He walked with her then pulled her close in one quick flick of his wrist. She laughed ash she put her hand on his shoulder and off they went. 1..2..step step 1...2..step step, with a turn and a small dip max had her moving through the room.

Impressed she exclaimed, "Oh my God you can dance!"

He laughed, "Kind of."

His mom had danced by and laughed, "Kind of? Please! I used to run a dance studio and he would be in class almost every day practicing!"

"Mooom, it was to impress the girls!"

Delilah giggled, "Well it worked!" He raised his eyebrows and swept her away.

The night was spent laughing over table with plenty of food and tons to drink. Delilah danced with Max and his dad both impressing on the floor. During the song “I Won’t Dance” by Michael Buble and Jane Monheit, Max pulled Delilah to the floor once more. She sang along with Jane’s part, and Max smiled, “I like listening to you sing. I wish I could sing with you on Wednesdays.”

She smiled, “I’m sure you are a lovely singer as you are a lovely dancer.”

He laughed, “Oh no, I am definitely tone deaf. I can just dance.” She tilted her head to the side a bit and raised her eyebrows. He laughed and shrugged, and started singing with Michael Buble.

He exaggerated his voice a bit making her laugh, “Okay I agree, you can’t hold a note.” He laughed with her hold her close and moving around the room.

When the song ended they decided it was time to head back to the hotel. Max dropped her off kissing her softly, “I can’t stay tonight. The weather is suppose to be bad tomorrow and I know I won’t be able to make it out to the office if I stay. But I will be back Tuesday after work, I have a surprise for you.” He said it all so fast that he didn’t give her a chance to be upset about him not staying, before she was too excited for her surprise. They kissed goodnight and he left.

The next day was not very exciting for her. It snowed all day, causing her to stay in and watch Netflix on her laptop with Dobby at her side. It wasn’t until around 6 PM when there was a knock on her door that her evening got slightly more exciting.

She was surprised to see Serena at the door, with a bottle of wine. “Serena, hi. Come in.” Serena walked in smiling and ride behind her was Trish, which really threw Delilah off. “What’s going on?”

Serena plopped down on the couch, “I was chatting with Trish about your relationship with Nick.”

Delilah swallowed hard, trying to keep her face expressionless at the sound of his name. “Yea?”

“Well I asked Trish if she knew if he had written any songs about you. Trish said she didn’t know, so we called up June.”

Trish sat down looking at Delilah cautiously, “June asked Nick and she gave us a list of songs that you influenced. We haven’t listened to them yet, and were wondering if you wanted to join in.”

Delilah had never thought about the music that came after her. She never even wondered if he wrote about her. She bit the inside of her lip as she thought, then she went over to the small fridge. “Curiosity is getting the best of me, but I think I will need something a little stronger than wine.”

Serena smiled as she walked over to the radio and synced up her phone. They sat on the couches around the fire place, “Ok, do you want to listen to just those song? Trish mentioned that you hadn’t heard any of their music after you guys split. I have their whole discography.”

Delilah’s heart was beating fast in her chest, she took in a breath and held it for a second before blowing it out. She brought the cup of whiskey up to her mouth and nodded, “Let’s listen to it all. I haven’t heard anything after Black & Blue.”

Serena nodded, “Okay first we have Never Gone. He said the songs that he had some influence in Just Want You To Know, I Still, Climbing The Walls. He mention that it doesn’t say on the track info that he helped write those because he never wanted you to find out. We will go in track order ok?” She looked at her for confirmation. Delilah nodded and the music started.

The beautiful piano began and AJ’s voice traveled around the room. Delilah smiled, she loved his rasp. When Nick started singing, her heart sank. She chugged the rest of the whiskey in her cup, “It’s going to be a little hard.”

Serena moved on to the next song, the first song that had her in it. The song started off with Nick’s voice low, giving her chills down her arms. The melody was strong but not too much of a drab. The next song was where it hurt, as she listened to Crawling Back To You, tears trickled down her face. Without many words, they listened to the rest of the album in snippets. Only really listing to the songs she had influenced. They ordered in some food and ate. Delilah didn’t go into too much detail about her relation with Nick but she did explain their break up, leaving out that he cheated and that she had had a miscarriage. Just told her that they had drifted apart at such a young age,

After they ate, they pulled up the next album. “June said he said that as the years went by, he still thought of you and would input some material in their Unbreakable album that came out in 2007. The songs in this one were Happily Never After, Something That I Already Know, Trouble Is.”

Feeling a little dizzy, Delilah leaned her head back on the couch. Serena picked her phone back up and pushed play. Brian’s voice was so soft, but the words hit Delilah hard.

“I don’t think I want this anymore As she drops her ring to the floor. She says to her self you’ve left before But this time you will stay gone that’s for sure”

She sat up, her heart beating fast.

“And he shouted something else She dragged her suitcase down the path The driveway, she had never gone that far Normally this would be the time that she Would let him talk her out of leaving But this time without crying, as she got into her car”

She put her hand over her mouth as her bottom lip quivered. Nick was singing what had happened that day, when she left. She tried to hold in a small sob as it made its way up her throat.

“She said no Happily ever after, That just aint for me Because finally I know, I deserve better after all I’ll never let another tear drop fall.”

Serena moved to the phone to turn it off but Delilah shook her head, “No its ok I’m fine, I want to hear the rest.” With a concerned look on her face Serena nodded and put the phone back down.

Trish moved over to Delilah and wrapped her arm around her. Delilah sat there silently listening to the rest of the song, letting tears make their way down.

I can’t believe he used that in the song.

When the song ended, Serena handed her a tissue, “Did that happen?”

Delilah nodded, “Just the beginning, about the suitcase and I actually did state that I didn’t want a happily never after.”

They didn’t push too much just let the rest of the album play. Delilah picked up Serena’s phone and looked at the album cover. She rubbed her finger across Nick’s picture as she sat there listening. The other songs didn’t affect her as much, some of them she actually really enjoyed.

Trish sat up, “Nick said that he didn’t use anymore material after he found Happily Never After hard to perform.” She looked at her watch, “It’s getting late, I’m heading out.”

Serena nodded as she got up too, “Thanks for being a good sport and listening to our curiosity.” She hugged Delilah, which surprised her. Delilah smiled as she hugged her back and then walked them out.

She walked back in to the bedroom and pulled up the last two albums on her computer and listened to them. She then decided to download all the albums onto her iPhone. She placed the phone next to her head, playing the music and fell asleep.
The next evening Max had called her not giving away too much information on his surprise date. All he said was dress nice but comfortable. When he picked her up, he was in jeans and a blue v-neck tshirt with a black jacket.

She put her arm through his and they headed out. Once in the cab he handed her an envelope and looked at her excitingly. She opened it up and took out two tickets to see Maroon 5 in the VIP Section. She gasped, “Oh my God! Max!” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him, “This is so amazing! Thank you!”

He laughed, “As long as you don’t run off with Levine, I hope you have a blast!”

She laughed throwing her head back, “I don’t know that may be difficult for me. If he asks I can’t say I will walk away.” She giggled as he played hurt.

When they arrived they were escorted backstage. Delilah tingled with excitement as they waited for the band to show up. Adam walked in wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. Delilah’s eyes widened as she looked at him. Max reached out his hand, “Hey man I’m Max this is Delilah. Thanks again for taking a moment to greet us. She’s a huge fan.”

Adam smiled at him as he shook Max’s hand,“ Oh man its not problem at all.” Then he turned to her and saw her excitement and laughed, “Wow come here.” She walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around her waist. She nearly melted in his arms.

“It is so nice to meet you.” She beamed, he laughed again.
He pointed to a couch, “Sit down. Something to drink? Water, Soda, Long island Ice Tea, Tequila? ”

Max laughed, “Are you trying to get my girlfriend drunk?”

Adam also laughed, Delilah nervously laughed, "Long Island Ice tea sounds great actually."

Adam nodded and said something to a guy passing by. Max's eyes widened, "Delilah!" She shrugged, he then looked around, "Where's the bathroom?"

Adam pointed, "Down the hall." Then he turned to Delilah, "So big fan?"

She nodded, "Yes! I love your music. Stutter and Love Somebody are my favorite songs. I also love your cover of Prince's Kiss! It's so sexy. I've never seen you guys live before!" She blushed a little when she said that.

He laughed, "Yea? I'll play that for you tonight. Marcus says you guys are up front VIP." He grinned real big for her, "Do you want to tour backstage?" He held his hand out to her as he stood up. Her eyes lit up as she stood up, she bit her lip. He pulled on her bottom lip, "Don't do that."

Her mouth dropped open a little bit, and she blushed. He started towards the door with her hand in his. Max walked back in and looked down at their hands.

She smiled, "I told you to beware if he asked." His eyes widened and she laughed, "we are going to tour backstage. Come on."

Adam stood by confused at their inside joke then held out his other hand, "Wanna hold my hand too Max?"

"No I'm good."

They toured the dressing rooms, watched a little soundcheck they did, then headed to their seats to enjoy the show.