- Text Size +
Thursday morning while waiting for Max to get out of the shower, Delilah laid in bed on the phone with June.
"I can't believe you got to meet him! Is he just as sexy in person?"

In the background, Nick said, "Who met who?"

"Delilah met Adam Levine from Maroon 5 the other night."

Delilah's heart beat a bit faster hearing his voice even if it was from far away. "What did he say?"

"He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Anyway what's he like?"

Bummed that Nick didn't say anything else, Delilah explained to June her encounter with Adam and the concert and how he performed Kiss to her.

Max came out, dressed for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade wearing jeans, worker boots, a blue sweater with a white button up underneat, collar sticking out over the top. "I'm going to go grab breakfast while you get ready." He kissed her as she made her way to the bathroom.
After her shower, she put on her under wear and started her iphone music. She danced around the room the room after putting her make up on. Her outfit laid out on the bed, dark skinny jeans, and a fitted long beige sweater. Brown boots that come up to the knees, with beigh boot socks with a bow on the top. She danced, to Plain White T's Broken Record, in her undies and her hair down in loose curls. Max walked in and smiled, he set down the coffees and walked over her slipping his hands around her waist."You need to get dressed, before I just cancel all plans today and spend the day in bed with you."

She laughed throwing her arms around his neck, "I have worked too hard on this hair and make up to let you do that." She started dancing again, and he growled softly as he kissed her neck. She pulled away, "Alright alright I'm going." She grabbed her jeans and slipped them on.

Once they were dressed, they headed out to the lobby to meet up with his family. Max had gotten good seats for the parade, which made it easy so they didn't have to go camp out in the street.
She sat down with her coffe in hand to wait for the parade. The weather was beautiful but cold, so they were all wearing coats and beanies. Max wrapped his arm around her shoulder,"So how are you liking New York?"

She smiled, "I love it. I can't believe I hadn't made it out here yet."

"Can you see yourself living here?"

This question caught her off guard, "Um, I." She didn't know how to answer.

He smiled, leaning in to kiss. Then he turned away and started a conversation with Jeremy. She sat there trying to think of the answer to his question.

Shortly after the parade started and they paid attention to the activities infront of them.

After the parade, Max's parents picked up a turkey from a restaurant and the rest of them headed over to Max's apartment to make sides. Max and Delilah swung by the hotel to pick up Dobby.

Delilah walked in to his loft looking around seeing everything so neat and clean. He placed a hand on her back as he walked her to the window, "What do you think?"

She looked out onto the busy streets, "Wow, very bachelor-padish." She giggled as she looked over at the white couches, with black lamps. The huge white brick fireplace in the corner was being lit by Jeremy. "It's definitely different than living on the beach."

Serena gawked, "You live on the beach?"

Delilah nodded,"Yep, you should come visit some time. You might like small town life."

She opened a bottle of wine and starte serving everyone as they gathered around the island in the kitchen. Trish shook her head, "No thank you."

Delilah eyed her suspiciously,"But it's your favorite."

Trish smiled, "I'm good, thanks." Quickly changing the subject, "Okay so Max you get the green bean casserole, Jeremy you make the macaroni. Serena you get the salad. Delilah you are on dessert duty of course, and I will make the dressing. Ready go! " They dispersed

to get their ingredients. Delilah decided to make a chocolate mousse cake on graham cracker crust. She started smashing the crackers, and eyeballing Trish. You love wine, what are you hiding?
Trish could feel her watching so she shook her head, pleading for her to just drop it. By the time their parents arrived with the turkey, they were finishing up the sides. Around 7PM they all sat down to eat dinner together.

After everyone left, Max turned to Delilah, "What do you want to do tonight?" She pulled him over to the couch and sat in his lap, kissing his cheek and then his neck. He pulled her back, "I see. In that case we are going to need more wine. I'll be back." He walked into his room.

She sat on the couch and looked out the window, it had started snowing. She smiled and watched it drizzle down.

He came back in with a handfull of fluffy comforters and pillows. He dropped them on her as he moved the table from the middle of the room. He then went to grab the wine and the large wine glasses, turning off the lights so that the light came from the fire place. Dobby laid next to the couch, sleepng peacefully.

She laid out the comforters and the pillows, then moved down to the floor to lay infront of the fire. He poured her a glass of Roscato and then sat next to her. She sipped her wine and smiled as he started kissing her neck.

She put her glass on the table and laid back pulling him with her.

The next morning they laid on the floor wrapped up in blankets when Max's phone rang. He groaned as he reached over and answered it. Not saying much, but letting out a few grunts and "mmhmms" before hanging up. "I have to go into the office."

She wrapped her arms around his torso, "Noooooo."

He laughed as he hugged her back kissing her forehead, "Want me to take you to the hotel? Or do you want to hang out here? I am not sure how long I'll be."

She sighed, "I guess we'll head back to the hotel."

"I will try not take long. What do you want to do tomorrow being your last day in New York?"

She thought for a while, "Maybe we can go to the Empire State Building or see the Statue of Liberty?"

He nodded as he sat up, "Sounds good."

He took her back to her hotel, where she crawled back in to bed and fell asleep. Around noon she got up and showered putting on some yoga pants, and a tank top. Then there was a loud knock on her door, she ran over to it as it sounded urgent. She opened the door surprised to find Max there with a huge grin on his face. "Max, what in the world? I thought you were going to be in later!"

He grabbed her face and kissed it, "You got your bakery back."

Her eyes widened, "What? How?"

He laughed as he grabbed her hand leading her to the couch. "I went back to the county and asked for the original survey of the land. They told me that the original had been burned in a fire, and that it had to be redrawn. I asked about the copy...they always make a copy in case the original was destroyed. So they told me that the copy was put away in a box in the state library, and that if I wanted to search for it box by box, I would be more than welcome to. I hired someone to search box by box and they found the survey. On this original survey all the land your bakery is on, is one. In fact, it even includes a section of Kennison's land! I sent it over to the ruling judge that is dealing with this whole ordeal and to Kennison's layer and it just came back stating it's clear! You have your bakery back!"

She threw her arms around his neck and pushed him into the couch, "Max you are the best!" She kissed him.

He hugged her back, "I have to get back to the office, we are having a big meeting this afternoon. I will be back tonight for celebratory dinner!"

She pulled away and nodded, not being able to stop grinning."I can't thank you enough." Her eyes quickly filling with tears.

He scooped her face up with both hands, "Hey hey hey, its ok. Everything is ok now." He kissed her, "I'll be back."

She excitedely started dialing out to June, then Trish, then Andy, her mom, etc.
She turned up her music and started dancing around in the living room with Dobby. Later on in the evening, she got dressed to go out with Max on the celebratory dinner. He walked in to the room with a serious look on his face.

Concerned she walked over to him, "Max? What's wrong?"

Not looking at her he stood infront of him, "I got partner."

She let out a laugh, "That's great news! Hunny why aren't you happy? I thought that's what you wanted?"

He nodded,"It is. I've wanted this for so long."

"Then I don't understand."

He finally looked at her, "Being partner means I have to put more time in at the office. Like a lot. No more going away for the week or even a weekend. I have so many responsibilities now that I don't think I will have time for anything else." She pulled back as she deciphered what he was saying. He stepped forward, "Delilah I'm sorry." They sat quiet for a while, then he looked at her with a hint of hope, "Stay here. Open up a bakery in New York."

She opened her mouth to say something, but couldn't say anything. She shook her head, then looked away.

He laughed sadly, "I knew it would be a long shot, worth a try."

She placed her hand on his cheek,"I care about you, so much. But New York isn't for me."

Her bottom lip quivered as she thought about their relationship ending. He reached over and brought her to him wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

She let a tear roll down as she buried her face in his chest,"Can we stay in tonight? Maybe tomorrow too?"

He nodded.