- Text Size +
Delilah laid in bed the next morning wapped around Max. The night before they just went straight to sleep. She felt his breathing change as he woke up. When she looked at him, he was looking up at the ceiling. She sighed then got up, "I'm going to shower." He nodded without looking at her, his eyes glazed over, deep in thought. She felt the corners of her mouth pull down, then quickly removed the expression from her face as she crawled back on the bed turning his face towards hers. She kissed him hard, he brought his hand up to her neck softly at first. Then he grabbed her with his other hand and brought her over him to where she was straddling him. She had both her hands on his face now kissing him fiercely. He slipped into her making her moan into his mouth.
Later on in the morning, they ordered breakfast. Neither one wanting to get out of bed and refusing to think about this being the last day they have together.

He brushed hair out her face as she laid on his chest,"Are you sure you don't want to go visit the Empire State building?"

She nodded looking up at him, "I want to stay here all day and night until it's time to go to the airport tomorrow."

He smiled sadly and kissed her again gently pushing her on her back and positioning himself on top.

Most of the day was spent, dozing in and out of sleep, watching movies, and having sex.

That evening they had dinner on the balcony. They watched the lights of the buildings, the cars going by. He smiled teasingly, "You sure you don't want to live here?"

She laughed, "Oh geez, I don't know if I could handle it. This like would probably drive me insane!" She bit the inside of her lip, "What's wrong with long-distance? Why can't we try that?"

He sighed and looked down at his plate, then he moved his chair closer, "I don't think long-distance relationships are fair." He cupped her face in his hands, "I believe that you deserve to be pleasured all the time, not just occasionally when I can find time to go down there. It isn't fair, you deserve the best and I just can't give that to you."

She pouted and held on to his hands at the wrist, "Why can't I be the judge of what's best for me?"

He laughed and kissed her, "Because you are blinded by what you think you want right now. You will regret it, then resent me, and this will end badly. I prefer to end it now, on good terms." He leaned forward and brought her on his lap.
The next morning, they rode with Jeremy and Trish to the airport. At the airport, Max stood infront of her. She held on to his waist as he brushed her hair back looking down at her. He kissed her, "Delilah, it has been a pleasure."

She giggled as she wrapped her arms around him. When she pulled back a tear rolled down her cheek, "It really has."

He wiped it with her thumb, "Good luck with the bakery."

She smiled, "Thank you for helping me with that. I couldn't have done it without you. Well I didn't do anything, it was all you soooo thank you. Good luck with the partnership." He kissed her once more before she turned away and boarded the plane.

Jeremy and Trish had heard what happened and did not pry. When she was home she dropped her bags and went to her bedroom plopping down on the bed.

June walked in about two hours later, "Delilah?"
"In here."

She found her still in bed resting her face on her hand, "Hi sweetie."

Delilah tried not to laugh, "I see you talked to Trish."

"Yea she told me what happened. I am so sorry D."

Delilah sat up leaning against the headboard, "It stinks, because I am sad, but I am also extremely happy that I got my bakery back. Ya know? I can't process both emotions at the same time so I am just blah right now." She laughed.

June moved over next to her and wrapped her arm around her. They sat in silence for a while. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. How was your thanksgiving with Nick?"

June rolled her eyes, "We didn't get to go into town. Thanks to him we spent it with Mrs. Pinkerton and her family."

Delilah laughed, "Why? That's random."

"Because Nick is dating Lacy." She said in a matter of fact manner.

Delilah tried to hide the surprise in her face, "Mrs. P's granddaughter?Since when?"

June realized she had left that out, "I meant to tell you earlier in the week. Lacy came in to see Mrs. Pinkerton and she met Nick and since they are both from LA they hit it off. Been hanging out all week."

Delilah shook her head, "That's weird. Lacy is so..."

"Trashy? Fake? Uppidy?"

Delilah laughed as she nodded, "All of the above." She sighed, "Do me a favor, don't tell Nick about me and Max, please. I don't need his pity right now."

June nodded, "You got it dude."

Later on in the evening Delilah went to the bakery to clean up and get it ready for the next morning. She plugged her iphone in to the speakers and shuffled her playlist while she swept. Permanent Stain by the guys came on, and since she had been jamming to them all week she knew the song by heart. She bounced around the room singing along and dancing. During Nick's break down she stopped and held the broom like a microphone. She sang passionately into it, the way he does when he is on stage."You aaaaaaaaare the piece I can't replace, You leeeeeeeft a mark that won't erase." She spun around and saw him standing at the door, his arms crossed, leaning against the frame with an amused look on his face. She gasped loudly, "JEEESUS NICK DON'T DO THAT!"

This caused him to laugh loudly, "I'm sorry! You were so into it."

She walked over to the radio and turned it down, holding her chest trying to calm her nerves, "Yea well I studied you well all those years, you know. All passion up there." She flashed a smile at him.

Faking surprise, "That was suppose to be me?" She laughed, causing him to smile, "So how was New York?" He walked over to a stool and sitting down.

She leaned on the broom, "I was fun. Its beautiful up there this time of year!" He nodded, without saying anything, so she took this opporunity to apologize, "Nick, I am sorry about what I said the other day."

He shook his head, "Oh God, please don't apologize, I shouldn't have assumed you'd be ok with all that information. What kind of idiot thinks thats a good way to fix a relationship." He laughed, squeezing his eyes shut, pinching the bridge of his nose between his eyes with his thumb and finger. "I have done a lot of thinking this past week and I realized I am the one that needs to be sorry." She waved her hand, as if waiving off his apology, but he cut her off before she could say anything. "I'm leaving Delilah."

Surprise clear on her face, "Why?"

He smiled, "I have to go back and get ready for our Holiday radio tour. We head back Tuesday."

"We?"

He nodded, "Yea Lacy is heading back too. We are going to give it a shot back home. I might stay till Thursday morning, so I can do music night one more time."

She looked down at the floor, "Oh." Trying to think of something to say, but her mind couldn't wrap itself around it yet.

He stood up and sighed, "I better head back, I have dinner plans. Just wanted to stop by and say I'm glad you got the bakery back." She nodded trying to smile. He backed up towards the door, "Goodnight."

She sighed and continued cleaning, not in a jamming mood anymore.