- Text Size +
The next morning, there was a big white board on the back door of the bakery with a note, "Made this for you Saturday when we heard about the bakery opening again! -June & Nick."

Delilah flipped the white board around and saw a breautifully drawn sign that read: "Lilah's Bakery Now Open...Again!!" She laughed and carried it to the front door and placed it on the window.
Later on in the day after the usual morning rush, June came in to the shop,"I know its only been a week but I missed this place! I then realized I don't have a life...I spend ALL day here."

Trish nodded in agreement, "You do spend an unsual amount of time here."

June stuck her tongue out at her, then turned to Delilah who was wiping the counter off singing along to the Glee version of Human Nature, "Hey hun, how you doing?"

Delilah smiled, "I am so happy right now."

June laughed, "I meant with the whole Max thing." Delilah glanced over at the corner of the shop, where Nick was at with Lacy eating pastries, lowering her voice, "I'm ok. He texted me earlier to wish me luck with the bakery. It was sweet."

Then she went back to singing along with the music. June turned and glanced at Nick and Lacy and rolled her eyes, "Ugh, those two are getting on my nerves!"

Mrs. Pinkerton scoffed, "You? I can't get her out soon enough. Those two scuking face like teenagers gets nausiating!"

June laughed a little too loud while Delilah groaned, "Oh Mrs. P, that is just mean, now I have a mental picture!"

Trish shook her head as she wiped her hands on her apron, "Well she leaves tomorrow right? Only one more day."

Mrs. Pinkerton shook her head, "NOT soon enough. That's all I'm going to say." She got off her stool and walked by Nick and Lacy griping at them to get a room.

Delilah's mouth dropped, then she tried to hold in her laugh as Nick blushed and looked over at her. June laughed once again loudly, while Trish crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow in disgust.

Lacy rolled her eyes, "Wow thanks grams." Nick moved his chair back a bit feeling awkward.

Mrs. Pinkerton smacked the back of her arm, "Come on child, I need you to take me in to town to get my meds."

Lacy let out a slow breath and turned to Nick, kissing him bye and heading out with Mrs. Pinkerton.
Delilah, June and Trish quickly turned away making themselves busy as Nick back at them, smirking.

He walked over and sat on the stool next to June who was concentrating a little too hard on the cupcakes on display.

"Why do I feel like you, had something to do with that?" He faced June.

Delilah shook her head smiling, "Nope, Mrs. P was the one who brought it up. Her tirade not June's."

She winked at June who smiled, "Thank you Delilah. I am hurt you would even suggest that Nickolas." He laughed and threw his arm around her shoulder, she smiled and stated in a matter of fact manor, "Your gonna miss me."

He nodded but didn't say anything.

Later on in the evening, one of the college students, Trevor, came to Delilah, "Hey Delilah."
She recognized him as one of Colbie's friends and smiled, "Hey Trevor. What can I do for ya?"

He ran a nervous hand through his hair, "I was hoping you could do me a favor."

"Okay?"
He sat on a stool, "I've heard you sing before during the music nights and I was hoping you could sing a duet with me for Colbie. I want to impress her."

Delilah smiled, "Of course! That is super sweet! What do you have in mind?"

He immediately perked up, "I heard this song on your playlist the other day that I just liked. It was a mix of You Drive me Crazy by Britney Spears and Aerosmith's Crazy, but on just accoustic guitar."

"OH I love that, its from Glee!"

He blushed, "Yea I know, only reason why I almost didn't go for it but I really like the way it sounds. I've learned the cords to it and I just need a singing partner."

"I would be honored to sing with you for Colbie." She smiled warmly.

"Great! Thank you so much!" With that he walked out the door.

Trish leaned over, "That is so cute!"

"I know!"

Just then Zach walked up to her, "Did Trevor just say he was going to sing to Colbie?"
Delilah looked at Trish, then at Zach, "Uh..."

Zach shook his head sadly and walked away. Trish watched him walk out, "What was that all about?"

Delilah shrugged and shook her head, "Drama drama drama."


Wednesday Night's crowd was very lively, more people were up for performing which made it easy for Delilah to handle the counter only having to worry about her own planned performances. Trevor signaled for her to come on with him, she took a seat on the stool next to him. He sat his guitar infront of him and spoke into the mic,"This song goes out to Colbie." He cleared his throat and started strumming the guitar.





Delilah:
Baby, I'm so into you
You got that somethin, what can I do
Baby, you spin me around
The Earth is movin, but I can't feel the ground

Trevor:
That kinda lovin'
Turns a man to a slave
That kinda lovin'
Sends a man right to his grave

Trevor & Delilah:
You know I'm crazy crazy, crazy for you baby
crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby

Trevor:
Tell Me, you're so into me
That i'm the only one you will see

Delilah:
Tell me, i'm not in the blue (Trevor:Oooh)
That I'm not wastin, my feelings on you

Trevor:
Every time I look at you

Trevor & Delilah:
My heart is jumpin, what can I do?
You drive me crazy,

Trevor:
Crazy (Delilah: I just cant sleep)

Trevor & Delilah:
Crazy I'm in too deep
You know I'm crazy

Trevor:
Crazy (Delilah: but it feels alright)

Trevor & Delilah:
Baby Thinkin of you keeps me up all night
You know I'm crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby
crazy, crazy, crazy for you baby

When they finished the song, Colbie ran up and wrapped her arms around Trevor's neck. Delilah smiled as she walked off the stage.
Nick took the stage after them, "Wait Delilah don't go just yet." She stopped and looked back surprised. He patted the stool next to him, "Come do this song with me."
She walked back onto the stage and sat down, looking at him curiously as he started strumming the acoustic version of Human Nature that Glee did. She let out a small gasp and grined.
Delilah:
Looking out
Across the nighttime
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear his voice
Shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs

Nick:
Get me out
Into the nighttime
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town
Is just an apple
Then let me take a bite

Nick and Delilah:
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, (Deillah: does he do me that way)
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

Nick:
Reaching out
To touch a stranger

Nick and Delilah:
Electric eyes are everywhere

Nick:
See that girl
She knows I'm watching
She likes the way I stare

Nick and Delilah:
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, oh why, does he do me that way

Delilah:
I like livin' this way
Nick:
I like lovin' this way

Delilah:
Oh why
Oh why

Delilah:
Looking out
Across the morning
Where the city's heart begins to beat
Reaching out
I touch his shoulder

Nick and Delilah:
I'm dreaming of the street

If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way
If they say,
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why, why does he do me that way

Delilah:
I like livin' this way

Nick:
I like lovin' this way

Delilah:
Oh why
Oh why

Nick and Delilah:
Why, why, tell 'em that it's human nature
Why.

The room clapped and Deillah smiled at Nick. She then headed to the counter to let Nick finish his set. He clapped in her direction, "Thanks Delilah! As many of you know, I am heading back to work tomorrow so this is my last night here." There were a few cries out in the crowd, and he smiled, "I know I know I'm sorry. I love you guys and I would stay here and play forever if I could. I'm going to do one of mine tonight, hope y'all like it." He started strumming his guitar.


Just one, just one
Just one, just one

Don't turn away, don't close the door
I couldn't take it
We've got find out for sure
Before there's no turning back

If this is a start of the end of the road
I've gotta ask before you go

If I could have just one kiss
If that's all it is, I know that it's over
If I could have just one kiss
If there's something more, we could start over

If I could have just on kiss
Just one
If I could have just one kiss
Just one

I've been a fool just standing by
Watching it comes to this
But now I'm here to stand and fight
For all the promises

If this is a start of the end of the road
I wouldn't back, I'd let you go

If I could have just one kiss
If that's all it is, I know that it's over
If I could have just one kiss
If there's something more, we could start over

If I could have just one kiss
Just one
If I could have just one kiss
Just one

We don't have to find a way forward
We just have to find what we missed
So what if we look like we're crazy
For hanging it all on this

Don't turn away, don't close the door

If I could have just one kiss
If that's all it is, I know that it's over
If I could have just one kiss
If there's something more, we could start over

If I could have just one kiss
Just one
If I could have just one kiss
Just one

After his set, Delilah went on to sing her song. "I think I'm going to bring down the mood but I love this song and wanted to share with you all." She sat down at the keyboard and changed the settings to piano.

Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind images
You sang me spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes clever trick

Well i'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be'

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street
You took my hand and danced with me in the shade
And when you left you kissed my lips
You told me you would never ever forget these images no
Well i'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be'

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind

So you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine
Did I make it that easy to walk
Right in and out of my life'

Goodbye my almost lover
Goodbye my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Why can't you just let me be'

So long my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

She smiled at the applause she received, sneaking a glance at Nick who was looking at her with concern. His eyebrows furrowed. She was back at the counter when the next act came on stage, "This song goes out to Colbie."


Delilah turned around to see Zach on stage on the stool with an acoustic guitar. She looked over at Colbie who stood there with her mouth open. Trish leaned in to Delilah, "Uh-oh."

Zach signed and started playing a soft tune.




Oh, I built a world around you
Oh, you had me in a dream,
I lived in every word you said
The stars had aligned
I thought that I found you
And I don't wanna love somebody else


(Delilah looked down at her fingers, feeling as if the song was for her. She felt her lips curve down)


Oh, we left it all unspoken
Oh, we buried it alive
and now it's screaming in my head
Oh, I shouldn't go on hoping
Oh, that you will change your mind
and one day we could start again
Well I don't care if loneliness kills me
I don't wanna love somebody else


(She looked up and caught Nick looking at her. He didn't look away when they made eye contact. She closed her eyes and walked away.)


Oh, I thought that I could change you
Oh, I thought that we would be the greatest story that I tell
I know that it's time to tell you it's over
But I don't wanna love somebody else


Colbie looked at Zach and then at Trevor. June stood by her, "What are you going to do?"
"I have no idea."




Trish followed Delilah into the kitchen. "You ok?"

delilah sigghed and nodded, "Yea just a little overwhelmed. I think this weekend is cathing up to me." She wiped the tear that was threating to spill out of the courner of her eye.

Nick walked in with June, "I wanted to say bye to you guys."

June pouted and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Please keep in touch."

He nodded hugging her back, "Of course. Thanks for bringing me out here."

Trish began to cry, "I don't know why I am so upset. I'm sorry I can't help it. I hate goodbyes." She hugged him and he laughed surprised by her reaction.

Delilah looked at June with questioning eyes. June shook her head and pulled Trish's arm gently, "Trish dear, calm down." She led her out to the bakery to give Delilah and Nick a moment.

Delilah watched them walk away, "I don't know what is wrong with her. She has been acting strange lately."

NIck put his hands in his pocket and leaned against the counter, "Yea? Um...you ok?" She looked at him and nodded, "You sure? Because you sang a lovely sad song tonight."

"Oh, um, yea. Max and I called it quits."

His face showed shock, but was quickly covered by concern, "I'm sorry."

She shook her head smilling, "Don't be. Our careers are taking us iin different directions and its ok because we are both happy with the decision. Besides it like I can't rock being single." She laughed.

"You are amazing. I am so proud of how far you've come a long after what happened. I never imagined I would be back here talking to you years later, and seeing how much of an amazing beautiful woman you have become."

She blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear. "Nick,"

He continued, "Thank you for accepting me, even after everything that happened. I enjoyed this last month and a half so much. I am really going to miss you."

She laughed, "I am going to miss you too. I never thought I would say that. I never thought I'd see you again to be honest, much less be close to you again. Don't be a stranger, you are always welcome here."

He walked over to her, and stood infront of her. She stood on her tip toes wrapped her arms around his upper torso, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She felt tears trickle down her cheek causing her to sniffle. He let out a soft chuckle, but didn't say anything. After a few seconds of standing there, with her sniffling. He looked down at her, and brought her face up to meet him. He looked into her eyes then leaned down pressing his lips softly to hers. She closed her eyes and let him, kissing him back. When he pulled away, she felt her heart beat hard. He looked behind her, "Sorry."

"For what?"

He pointed with his head, "I am leaving you to explain to them."

She turned to see June and Trish watching from the door with their mouths open. Delilah turned back to Nick as he was reaching the back door.

"Bye Delilah."

She waved, "Bye Nick."