- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
My apologies for the delay! I feel my story is coming to an end and I was trying to think of a way to keep it from ending but I can't! I already have ideas for two new ones.
Trish and June ran back in to the kitchen once Nick was out the door both talking at the same time.
"What the hell was that?"

"Did you just kiss him?"

"What does this mean?"

"Oh My God!"

Delilah let herself fall back on a stool and sighed, letting out a soft laugh. She opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again, not knowing how to even start explaining. Her cheeks feeling slightly warm.
"Why aren't you as in shock as we are?"

Delilah quickly hid her smile, "What do you mean?"

June's eyes lit up, "This isn't the first time!" She gasped as she saw Delilah smile coyly, "You slept with him!"

Trish's jaw dropped, "What? When?"

She put her hands up on her cheeks to hide the blush,"I- Well-" She laughed shaking her head, "Fine fine yes I slept with him." Neither girl said anything they just looked at her expectantly, eyebrows raised, "It happened that weekend we were rained in."

Trish crossed her arms, "You cheated on Max?"

"Not that time, Max and I weren't official yet."

"That time? There was another?"

Delilah nodded, "Yes, the night we had the American Horror Story viewing. I didn't mean to cheat! I felt horrible about it."

June smiled excitedly, "So Max didn't fix that dry spell, Nick did."

Trish gasped, "Ohhhhhh dangit I can't even be mad at you for that, because its him!" Then she squinted her eyes and pointed her finger at her, "But had it been anyone else I would kill you for cheating on Max."

Delilah rolled her eyes, "Why are you people freaking out? He is leaving with Lacy."
June plopped down on the stool next to her, "You could keep him here you know." Delilah didn't say anything just looked at her confused,"That guy was so into you. You could literally ask him to stay and he would drop everything."

Delilah shook her head, "I couldn't do that. I am not sure I would want to hold him back. Besides, my head is not in the right place right now."


*Jump to Dec 18th 3 weeks later*

Delilah sat at the counter playing candy crush on her phone. Trish walked up to the counter dazed, Delilah stood up concerned, "Trish what's the matter?"

June, who also sat at the counter also messing with her phone, quickly made her way to the other side.

Trish kept walking in to the kitchen, both girls at her heels.

"Trish hunny you're scaring us."

Trish stopped and turned to them, "I'm pregnant."
June and Delilah's eyes widened, "Are we excited about this or bummed?"

Trish let out a laugh that sounded half like a sob half hysterical, "Oh Gosh, we are excited!"

June and Delilah both reacted athe same time letting out high pitched squeals and hugged then friend. "That makes so much sense! You've been tired, emotional, cranky!" The girls laughed.




A couple hours later Delilah's cell pone rang. She smiled, "Hi there!"

"You are never going to believe where we are right now." The soft raspy familiar voice said.
"AJ you know I hate guessing games."

He laughed, "Okay okay buzzkill. We are in Houston."

"What? Why?" She sat at the stool.

"We are playing our last Christmas show here tonight. So you know I couldn't be in Houston without saying hi to your mom right?"

She laughed, "I wonder why she hasn't called me yet!"
"She said she would later from the concert."

Delilah gasped, "She is going to the concert! I'm jealous!"
AJ laughed, "Yea, hooked her up with some tickets."

"Did you go alone?"

He paused, knowing what she was really asking. "No Nick didn't go with me. I offered and he said he'd rather not."

"Yea I doubt my dad has let go of what happened."

Just then she could hear his voice in the background of AJ's call."Come on we gotta go! Who are you talking to?"

Her heart started racing. She could hear AJ, "Lilah." Her heart pounded faster. She closed her eyes picturing him. There were some mumbles in the background, then the AJ came back on the phone, "Hey babe I gotta go. It was nice talking to you. Take care love you!"

She pouted, she hadn't talked to Nick since he left 3 weeks ago. June walked it, "Hey toots what's wrong?"

"Nothing just thinking."

"Don't hurt yourself." June laughed at herself.

Mrs. Pinkerton walked in a little giddier, "Oh my word ladies, my granddaughter is getting married."

June looked at Delilah with wide eyes, Delilah's stomach sank. Thats why AJ got all quiet with Nick.

June's eyebrow furrowed when she noticed the look on Delilah's face, "Lacy?"
Mrs. P sat down and started looking at the menu, as if she didn't already have it memorized. "Uh-huh! Best news I've heard all day! She is getting married and moving to France, never to bother me again."

Confusion set in now for both June and Delilah. Mrs. P looked up at both girls and laughed, "Oh for crying out loud ladies! She isn't marrying y'alls boyfriend!"

Both girls let out a sigh of relief. June shook her head, "I was about to pick up the phone and reach through and smack him!"
Delilah laughed along and Mrs. Pinkerton cackled, "You should hav seen the look on your faces!" She let out another loud laugh, causing the other customers to look over.

"That was not nice Mrs. P."

Once she caught her breath, "Oooh that was good. Hunny gimme my usual please."

Delilah walked over and grabbed the blueberry muffin and started on her coffe while listening.

"No child Lacy dumped Nick a few days after they went back. Said he wouldn't give her the attention she wanted. Found herself a rich French man and is now engaged."

June smiled, "So Nick is single again?"

She wiggled her eyebrows at Delilah who shook her head and walked away.
That evening during music night, Delilah took the stage for just one song. She sat on the stool with an acoustic guitar and the mic stand, "This is I never told you."




I miss those blue eyes, how you kiss me at night
I miss the way we sleep
Like there's no sunrise, like the taste of your smile
I miss the way we breathe

But I never told you what I should have said
No, I never told you, I just held it in

((Colbie leaned over to Trish, "aww she probably misses Max."

Trish shook her head, "Max has green eyes." She turned and smiled at June who was holding her phone up recording.))

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe that I still want you
And after all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you without you

I see your blue eyes every time I close mine
You make it hard to see
Where I belong to when I'm not around you
It's like I'm not with me

But I never told you what I should have said
No, I never told you, I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe that I still want you
After all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you without you

But I never told you what I should have said
No, I never told you, I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe that I still want you
After all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you without you


When she finished she walked over to the whispering girls. "What?"

Colbie still confused, "I thought Max has green eyes."

Delilah looked at her, "He does." Then she realized what she was asking, "Oh, um the song says blue eyes, wasn't going to change it." She snuck a glance at the other two who were hiding smiles. The door chimed alerting them to someone coming in.

Trish saw him, "Max!"

Delilah spun around wide eyed. He walked over bits of snow in his hair, and stubble on his chin. "Hi." She smiled.

He flashed her a big smile, "Hi."

"What are you doing here? Jeremy didn't mention you coming in!"

He turned his attention to Trish, "Oh yea, I wanted to surprise him. So I went to your house but he wasn't home so I came here, figured I would find you here. When he told me this morning about the baby I was so excited so I requested the next few days to come down and celebrate. It was tough getting permission, which is strange because I am boss but still!" He laughed and reached out bringing her in his arms, "Congratulations. I am so excited." He murmured into her hair.

Colbie stared at him and then at Delilah with a huge grin on her face. Delilah looked at her confused and mouthed, "What?"

Colbie made small pointing gestures to Max and then to her and drew a heart in the air.
June shook her head angrily dismissing the idea, causing Delilah to turn her confused look at her. June smiled and shrugged.

Trish pulled away, wiping a tear, "These damn hormones have me so emotional. Let me go call Jeremy."

She walked away. June, Colbie, Max, and Delilah stood there in awkward silence. Colbie reacted first, "June come show me that thing you were going to show me."

June looked disgusted, "What thing?" Colbie rolled her eyes and pulled June away by the arm

Delilah laughed as Max leaned against the counter next to her. He crossed his arms across his chest and gave her a slight nudge. "How've you been?"

She brushed her hair out of her face, "Soooo busy, but in a good way. Business is still booming. I seriously picked up where I left off before we closed. Which once again I couldn't have done without you. What about you?"

He nodded, "That is good. I am so glad I could help and get you back up. Now that I think about it." He paused, pretending to think of something, "I should have just let this place stay shut down so you could stay in New York with me." He looked at her with his eyebrow raised and a smirk.

She gasped and smacked the back of his arm playfully. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, "I am kidding. I am glad you are back."

She laughed, "So big cheese, are you all business meetings and late nights now?"

He groaned and threw his head back, "Yes. I seriously didn't know how much I'd have to put in to working this partner thing!"

She smiled, "No time for the ladies then."

He let out a chuckle, "No unfortunately there isn't any time for he uh" He laughed again, "Ladies."

She laughed, "Are you blushing?"
He covered his mouth, wiping the edges of his mouth."It's a weird conversation to have with you."

She rolled her eyes, "Oh wow, we're both adults Max, we know how it works." She laughed.

Jeremy then walked in the door and Max motioned to him,"It was good seeing you."

Delilah nodded, "Yea it was." She watched the two brothers embraced and whisper to each other.