- Text Size +
The Friday before Christmas, the bakery was closed to prepare for the Christmas Party Delilah was having Saturday night. Trish and Jeremy were hanging up decorations, while Trevor and Zach carried out some of the tables to Trevor's truck to make room. The door chimed as someone walked in, "Jesus it's cold out there."
Delilah stood at the counter with June going over where she wanted the chairs and looked up and smiled, "ANDY!"
Trish and June both looked at Delilah's best friend from Houston whom they had never met. Delilah ran over and threw her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist, bending slightly to her level.
"What are you doing here?"
He smiled as he stepped back, "Well I needed a break from work, and I decided, 'You know what? Delilah needs a visit.' so I booked the plane and headed this way." She beamed.
June stood behind her and cleared her throat. Causing Delilah to laugh, "OH Andy, these are my best friends here, Trish and her husband Jeremy, and June."
He laughed as he shook their hands, "Ah I've heard so much about y'all."
June laughed, "Oh God I hope not."
Andy smiled at her, "Ah June, the one who brought Nick back."
June smiled, "Indeed but you may or may not have heard that that actually turned out ok."
Delilah furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. She laughed, "So Andy how long are you staying?"
"A week hopefully. Since my trip was very spur of the moment, I haven't reserved my hotel. Do you recomend one?"
Delilah bit the inside of her lip, "There's Betsy's B&B, I would give you a small tour of the town but I have this Christmas Party to set up!"
June hooked her arm through his elbow, "I'll take him."
Andy smiled down at her, "Oh I don't want to be a bother."
"No bother at all." She lead him to the door, then she ran back to Delilah, "You didn't marry this one too did you?"
Before Delilah could say anything she laughed and ran off leaving her with her mouth open.
That Saturday night the Bakery looked like a reception hall. There were white strips of lights going from one side of the room to another, joining in the middle of the room. There was a few strands of Mistle toe hidden around the room. The chairs were pushed back on the wall, with a few 2 person tables. The stage had a little extension added to include a band. The lights were dimmed so that the light strips were the only thing lighting up the room. The town was buzzing inside Lilah's, who actually hired someone to tend to the food and beverages so she could enjoy her party.
Delilah was wearing a long flowy black and white skirt, with a white teshirt. Her hair was braided to the left, and her bangs pinned back in a poof. She looked over at June and Andy talking over drinks and smiled. Mrs Pinkerton walked over to her, "Quite the party dear."
Delilah nodded and she looked around proudly, "Yes, I am excited that it turned out well. I was nervous with it being the first ever."
"Are you going to have music night?"
"Yep tonight will be our music night since we are closed Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I already have a line up for tonight."
Mrs. P smiled, "I love music night, it was such a good idea."
Delila turned to her, "Yep. Wish I could take credit for it but it wasn't my idea. Nick came up with it and set it all up."
Mrs. nodded, "Smart kid. He did you good." Delilah was taken back by her comment, which she then clarified smirking, "This place is much more lively."
Andy walked over, leaned on the counter. "D this place looks great! I can't believe I hadn't been out here before."
She playfully nudged him, "I know, I don't know how many times I asked you to come visit! I even tried to bribe you with cupcakes!"
He laughed and he put his arm around her shoulder, "Well I'm here now...and I don't know if I will ever want to leave."
She laughed as she leaned in to him, "That would be nice. I would love having you around all the time. I miss you." She wrapper her arms around his torso.
June walked up then with drinks, "Let's dance you guys!" She handed a drink to Andy as she pulled him out to the "dance floor".
Delilah laughed as she followed into the crowd to dance. A couple hours into the party, the stage was set for the performances. A few people did some Holiday songs, June and Andy attempted Baby It's Cold Outside. Delilah hopped on the stage with Jeremy who sat at the keyboard. She brought the mic stand to the stool, "Hi everyone!" She smiled at the crowd, "I am so glad you all could come out to our Holiday party. I hope to be able to make this a tradition! Jeremy and I are going to do a song now, then we will get back to the band. This is one of my favorite songs so I hope y'all like it."
She searched the dark room for her friends but gave up and took a breath.


Jeremy:
Turnaround

Delilah:
Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round

Jeremy:
Turnaround

Delilah:
Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears

Jeremy:
Turnaround

Delilah:
every now and then I get a little bit nervous That the best of all the years have gone by

Jeremy:
Turnaround,

Delilah:
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified And then I see the look in your eyes

Jeremy as he played the keyboard:
Turnaround bright eyes,

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart

Jeremy:
Turnaround bright eyes,

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart
And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong
Together we can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

((She looked at Jeremy who was suppose to have sung that last part with her and noticed his mic was gone. He shrugged and smiled nodding for her to keep going, while he kept playing the keys.))

Delilah:
Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

A familliar voice:
Turnaround

((She looked out into the dark crowd))

Voice:
Turnaround

((Her heart started beating hard as she recognized the voice.))

Voice:
Turnaround

((Her hands started shaking as she saw the person moving toward the stage. She looked at Jeremy and he smiled.))

Nick stood by the stage holding Jeremy's microphone:
Turnaround bright eyes

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart

Nick walked up the stage next to her:
Turnaround bright eyes

Delilah:
Every now and then I fall apart
And I need you now tonight

Both:
And I need you more than ever

Delilah:
And if you'll only hold me tight

Both, Nick now by her side:
We'll be holding on forever

Delilah, closed her eyes as his hand came up to her cheek:
And we'll only be making it right

Both:
'Cause we'll never be wrong
together we can take it to the end of the line
Delilah:
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time

Nick softly:
All of the time

Delilah:
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks

Both:
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Delilah:
Once upon a time I was falling in love

Nick:
But now I'm only falling apart

Both:
Nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart

Nick:
Once upon a time there was light in my life

Delilah:
But now there's only love in the dark

Both:
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

Delilah:
A total eclipse of the heart

Nick:
Turn around bright eyes

The room erupted into applause. Nick leaned down cupping her face pressing his lips onto hers. She pulled him down to her and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled away, "You're back."
He smiled, "I'm home."
She giggled, "Home."
He nodded his forehead pressed against hers, "Yea, being here, with you. It feels like home."
She grinned and lifted herself up to kiss him.