- Text Size +
June stood at the sliding door looking at Nick and Delilah."Did you just say his wife?"
Delilah's eyes widened at the sound of her friend's voice."June, I-"
June shook her head, "You guys were married? When?"
Nick sighed, "Almost ten years ago."
By this time everyone inside was standing behind June listening. She didn't notice, "Oh my God, why didn't you tell me Delilah?"
"This was a part of my life that almost no one knew about."
June turned and pointed at Trish, "But Trish knew! I can tell because she doesn't look surprised right now."
Delilah glanced at Trish then back at June, "Yes Trish knew."
June was beginning to get furious, "Great so I am the only one who didn't know. Why didn't you tell me when I brought him? That would have been nice to know, I thought we were best friends?"
Delilah tried to talk but June continued, "And YOU...when were you going to tell me you were fucking married to my best friend?"
Nick looked at June, "I was going to tell you but I couldn't find the right moment." He stepped towards her, "June I'm sorry."
June stepped back, "I can't believe you two just lied to me!"
Delilah shook her head also taking a step forward, "No June we never lied."
June shook her head, "Omition is a type of lie Delilah. I'm so incredibly disgusted by both of you." She grabbed her jacket and stormed out of the house. Nick ran after her, "June wait!"
Delilah felt defeated, this was not the way it was suppose to go. Trish put her hand on her shoulder, "She will come around Lilah." She turned to Jeremy and Max who were standing by not knowing what to say. "We should probably go since we drove her here. I'll call you tomorrow." She hugged Delilah and they left.
Shortly after Nick walked back inside shaking his head.
Delilah was putting turning the dishwasher on, "I'm sorry about June."
He scoffed, "No you're not."
She walked back out to the living room, "Excuse me?"
He glared at her, "Cut the crap Delilah! You have wanted this to end the minute I stepped in to your bakery! You can't stand to have me this close, I see it in your face everytime I'm around."
She shook her head, "Thats not true, I have tried to be nice. I'm sorry I can't just push the past away."
He interrupted her, "Why not? Its in the past! We were married for maybe a year! I made the mistake of marrying you so young."
She was taken back by his comment, "You think THAT was your mistake?"
He laughed harshly, "Yes Delilah, marrying young was my mistake that led to the other mistake of me cheating on you. But thats not the point, the point is that it was in the past! Get over it! You have let your anger towards me control you! Control this situation!"
She gasped, "What? I've been over you for a while now!"
He scoffed, "Really, dry spell?"
She glared, "That has nothing to do with you! It has been 9 years since I've thought about you!" She felt the tears creeping up on her.
He turned away and started walking towards the room, "I don't believe that for one second."
She followed him, tears rolling down her cheeks, "You self-centered son of a bitch! I was over you! When our marriage ended I was devastated Nick! I fell into a deep depression, I was on medicine for fuck's sake! I spent a year getting over the fact the love of my life got bored and left me for Paris Hilton!" Her voice growing louder. He turned around to face her, his eyebrows creased in the center, his jaw tight. She continued, "I moved to a small city where you wouldn't go with the guys. I spent the rest of that year avoiding tabloids of you and her! I've spent the past 9 years avoiding you on tv and the radio. I stopped talking to my friends because I couldn't bare the memory of you! I didn't have anyone else other than you and the guys in LA, Nick! But I managed to overcome that, I am happy now. I am so proud of how far I've come after that. I got my degree I started my own business. YES I have had a bit of a dry spell in my love life but not because of YOU, because I've been concentrating on my career. I was fine until you showed back up. YES it did bring back some feelings but I promise you I never wanted to hurt June, I could tell she liked you. GOD how DARE you come in here and just assume that you are still my world? How dare you come in here and try to knock down everything I have worked so hard to overcome?" By now she was spitting out words in between sobs. His face losened up and he tried to talk, she shook her head trying to take deep breaths. "Call Betsy first thing in the morning, I want you gone by the time I get back from the Bakery." She turned away and walked into her room, where she sobbed in the bathroom.
He let out a deep sigh and walked back into the room slamming the door behind him.