- Text Size +
The next day at the bakery Delilah stood at the counter talking about her date to Trish, June, and Nick. She had decided to be civil to him since June was hanging out with him now and he didn't know anyone else in the town. Trish pouted, "So he didn't break your spell?"
Delilah rolled her eyes at her friend but shook her head, "No he didn't Trish."
Nick shook his head, "Tease." Delilah gave him a confused look.
As if on queu Max walked in, "Hey guys." He nodded to the other two girls and Nick. Then turned to Delilah, "Hey there Delilah." He grinned at his pun to the Plain White T's song.
She smiled, even though she had heard that a lot since the song came out, it sounded nice coming from him. She caught Nick's eye roll from the corner of her eye.  Jealous? Ha!
Max bent down and gave her a soft kiss of the lips. She grinned, "Hi."
Today his biceps were trying to escape his light blue t-shirt. He put his arm around her shoulder, "So where do you want to go tonight? I was thinking bowling?"
Delilah thought about it for a bit then nodded, "Yea it's been a while since I've been."
He turned to the others, "Do you guys want to go?"
Delilah shot them all a death stare to turn down the invitation. She knew if they went, she wouldn't be alone with him.
Trish and June shook their heads politely declining. Nick nodded, "That sounds fun." June stomped on his toe, he groaned"But I can't. Thanks."
Delilah smiled quickly before hiding it with a pout, "Oh boo, you guys are no fun."
Max laughed, "Its ok, more alone time is always good. I will pick you up around 7?" She nodded as he leaned down and kissed her forehead before he left.
Nick laughed as he rubbed his foot. "You are still not getting any by the way. No guy takes a girl bowling and then sleeps with her after. So you could have at least let me come along and enjoy a funfilled night of bowling."
June smacked Nick with the back of her hand to shut him up.
He laughed as he got up and headed out. June got up to leave with him, "Don't listen to him, you keep your head up! And shave those legs anyway!" Nick laughed hard at that as they walked out the door.
Delilah turned to Trish shaking her head, "It is so weird joking about this with him."
Trish laughed as she turned to the customer at the counter."I was goung to ask you if it felt weird!"
As much as Delilah hated it, Nick was right. That night after bowling, Max walked her to the door, and promply left. Once again leaving her hot and bothered, but this time longer as he wouldn't be back until next Tuesday
Friday night there was a storm alert. Living on the coast meant the weather was unstable. Sometimes it rained for days leaving everyone under house arrest for a week or so. The broadcast said this storm would last the weekend. It was to have hurricane force winds and hail. Delilah sat on her back porch watching the lightening form off the coast. She could smell the rain was coming, and the wind was picking up. Dobby was running around in the grass next to her house chasing something. She looked over to the right and saw someone running on the beach. He waved and she instantly recognized him. Nick. She waved back and he ran to her porch. "Hey" He was shirtless wearing basketball shorts.
She stood up as he approached,"What are you doing?"
He threw his shirt over his shoulder "Needed to clear my mind so I went for a run didn't realize how much I had actually ran until I saw you standing outside." Just then thunder sounded loudly and the wind picked up a bit more. He turned towards the ocean,"Looks like a bad storm."
She laughed,"Yea didn't June warn you? We get bad storms out here around the fall. They leave us under house arrest at times. This one will probably lock us in all weekend, you should probably head back."
He looked surprised,"Shit I'm pretty sure I'm about 30 minutes away from the B&B! Can I use your bathroom real quick though?" 
She nodded as she walked in side,"Want something to drink you look hot." He smirked. She rolled her eyes,"I mean you're all sweaty."
"And hot." He laughed as he ran into the bathroom.
The thunder went off louder this time, followed by the hard rain, the storm was here. She watched it come down hard as he ran out of the bathroom. He cursed under his breath as he realized he wasn't going to be able to leave. She leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed over her chest. "Guess you're staying here." She looked around and frowned, "Where's Dobby?"
Nick followed her gaze,"Who?"
She looked in the kitchen, "Dobby my dog." She ran to the sliding door and opened it. In the distance she could hear barking. She ran out side "Dobby!" The rain pounded against her and wind pushed her around. Nick ran after her also yelling for the dog. Once more they heard barking making them both look around. Finally Nick pointed back at the house where Dobby was barking from the guest bedroom window. They ran back inside now soaking wet. He shut the sliding door behind them. She opened the guest bedroom door letting the dog out, "Dobby you stupid dog you scared me!" 
Nick laughed as he ran his hand through his wet hair. "He must have ran in there after me when I went to the bathroom. Didn't see him when I ran out. I seriously thought we were going to have to go search the whole beach for your dog, in that." He pointed outside.
She smiled up at him,"I would have too. This is my baby!" She noticed they were both dripping all over the hardwood floor. "We should probably go dry off." She walked into the guest bedroom to the dresser and handed Nick a towel with a pile of clothes,"You left these when you were staying here. I washed them for you." He took the clothes from her,"Nice, thank you."
She smiled and headed out to her bathroom.
After her shower she walked to the kitchen grabbed a oil lantern from under the sink, a lighter, a bottle of wine, her glass, and then headed to the nook In front of her bay window. She wore her bedtime shorts and an oversized t-shirt that fell off her shoulder. She had towel dried her hair and left if down. She covered her legs with a blanket, and started reading her book. Shortly after Nick came out wearing his grey pajama pants and a black tank top. She never noticed all the tattoos on his arms. 
"There's White Zinfandel right here, beer, red wine in the fridge, and whiskey in the cabinet. Help yourself it's gonna be a long night."
He stopped and thought for a moment about what he wanted to drink. He finally settled for whiskey, he grabbed a glass and some ice, and brought the whole bottle over to the nook next to her. She sat with her knees bent and the book resting on the top.
"What are you reading?"
Before she could answer thunder clapped and the lights went out. She laughed and closed her book,"I was reading Divergent." She put the book down and and grabbed the lantern. She turned it on and set it on the table next to the nook.
He smiled,"Wow you thought of everything."
She nodded,"This isn't my first rodeo Nick."
He sipped his drink and leaned his head back."I'm sorry about the other night Delilah. What I said the other night, I didn't mean it."
She poured herself another glass "I'll forget it if you do." She raised her glass to him and he touched hers.
"So how've you been? What have you been up?"
She sit back keeping her knees up,"After us, I went back home to community college, then my grandpa passed and left me a hefty inheritance. Enough to allow me to leave Houston and study elsewhere. I needed to get out of the big cities, where you and the guys visited, so I chose North Carolina. I know it sounds silly that I based where I lived on where you wouldn't go, but I was woudned and you were everywhere. After I got my Bachelors in Management, I moved out here with Trish and June and started my business."
"You did an amazing job by the way. The shop is great."
She smiled and drank,"What about you? When did you get so fit? You look great."
He smiled bashfully,"I actually had to change my ways after I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy." Her eyes widened as he continued,"Basically the doctor told me that I needed to lose weight, eat healthy, and stop partying so hard or else I would die. I decided I didn't want to die so I got fit. I've never felt better about myself as I do now."
She leaned forward on her knees, leaning her head on her hand,"Well I'm glad you did."
About two hours and a bottle and a half of wine later Nick and Delilah had lost their filters. He laughed,"So tell me about this dry spell, why is it happening? You are a hot woman, you can have a man."
She blushed,"I've just been so busy these past four years that I haven't had time."
Nick spit out the liquid in his mouth,"Four? You said two!"
She covered her mouth quickly eyes wide, "No one knows it's actually four so you can't say anything!"
He pretended to yell it out and she covered his mouth with her hand,"sh sh sh sh" She laughed "And besides who, who said I need a man? I don't need a man when I have Cavill to take care of me."
His eyes widened, "Cavill? Like Superman? You named your vibrator after Superman?"
She laughed nodding,"Fuck yea I did that man is icredibly gorgeous. I would do so many things to him."
"Alright, calm down Delilah." He pretended to fan her with his hand to cool her off. "But for real there is no way you've been truly satisfied by just a vibrator for the past four years."
She nodded very matter of fact like "He gets me, no nonsense of him finishing first or not finding my spot! A man can't do that the first time every time!"
He shook his head "No but a vibrator can't foreplay. You have to lube it, nothing like the touch of a man to get the natural lube going."
She was about to say something in return but he stopped her but holding up one finger. He then took her glass and his glass and put them on the table. Then he straightened her legs out over his lap scooting closer to her under the blanket. She watched him,looking into his eyes. His pupils were dilated. He pushed her hair to the left side of her neck leaving the right side bare. "A vibrator can't do this." He brushed his lips along her neck, sending chills down her arms. "Or this" he said softly as he traveled down her collar bone with his mouth. He brought his left hand up sliding it up the side of her face cupping it, tilting her had back gently as he traveled up her neck and along her jaw line. He finally brought his mouth towards her "Or this." As he pressed hard on her mouth. With his hand still on her face, he pressed his thumb down slightly on her lower lip asking her to open her mouth. Once she did he slipped his tongue in sending a strong sensation down. Her body reacted pushing towards him. He took his right hand under her bottom and lifted her onto him straddling him. He brought that hand up her back under her shirt and unhooked he bra. She took her shirt off, and dropped the bra on the floor behind her. He kissed her collar bone again then the top of her breast. He then placed it in his mouth. She moaned and ran her hands through his hair. She pressed herself down on to him making him moan. She lifted his face toward hers and put her forehead on his a little out of breath, "Four years Nick." A low laugh escaped his lips as he reached down and picked her up with one hand. He knocked the blanket on the floor and laid her down. He removed her shorts and panties then removed his own and leaned over her. He held himself up with his elbows as he leaned down to kiss her. He slipped his tongue in her mouth as he slowly entered. The anticipation of feeling him again caused Delilah's hips to push up into him, causing a moan to escape both of their mouths. They found a rhythm together and reached their climax at the same time. Breathing heavy he looked down at her and moved her sweaty hair out of her face. She looked up at him,"You were right."
He leaned down and kissed her,"hmm?"
"A vibrator can't do any of that."
He laughed while still inside her causing them both to squirm. He pulled out and reached for the blanket covering them up from the waist down. He laid next to her in the nook and she placed her head on his chest, letting herself slip away while listening to his heart beat under her.