- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Christmas Day 2015
Things have changed so much in the past year. I moved to Tennessee with Nick. I opened up my own practice there. Nick and I even got married 3 months back. It was nothing crazy. Just a few people. The other backstreet boy's and their wife and kids, my best friend Mallory, Angel, her fiancée and BJ. We invited Aaron, but of course he didn't show. It was perfect.

Nick and Aaron just started talking and texting again last month. I was happy for them. They agreed to rent the same house again this year. I felt it was a little too soon, but Nick's face was so happy. I couldn't fight him on it.

Nick and I arrived last night along with Angel and BJ. Aaron and Hannah still weren't here. Yes, Aaron and Hannah have been together since that night a year ago. I was happy for him.

Nick, Angel, and BJ were in the kitchen making a turkey. I stood in the living room, by the fire place. The smell of turkey made me nauseous these days. I guess that's what 6 weeks of pregnancy does to you. I wore a black leather, long sleeve, peplum blouse, a long, black pencil skirt, black stockings, and my Jimmy Choo heels. Pregnant and all I made sure not one hair was out of place, and not one smudge of make up on my face. Some things do never change.

"Hello, Arielle" the voice behind me said.

I turned to see Aaron standing there in a cream colored sweater and demin jeans.

"Hey Aaron, how are you?" I asked walking close to him

"Fine, you?" He asked

"Wonderful" I smiled

"Um..I actually came to ask you if you wanted a class of champagne. Hannah bought a bottle" Aaron said

"I can't, but thanks." I smiled again

Aaron nodded as if he got my drift "Oh, Congrats! That will be one smart, gorgeous, talented baby."

"Thank you." I said

Aaron went to turn away but he stopped and turned back around

"I really did love you. But I am happy now. I want you to know that." he said matter of factly

"Good, I am so glad." I said sincerely

Nick, Angel, BJ, and Hannah gathered in the living room with us. Hannah and I nodded at each other with smirks. They all came in holding a glass of champagne. Nick also holding a glass of water with lemon that he handed to me.

Nick cleared his throat " I want to give a toast. A quick toast. I am so happy we are back here. Another chance to rebuild our relationships. My family, I love you. Let's make 2016 the year of the Carters."

"Cheers" everyone clinked the glasses and said in unison.

I watched Nick smiling and talking to his brother and sisters. I loved seeing his happiness when he was with them. Nick didn't think they all be together again for awhile. Nick worked hard the past month with his brother. He is really is the rock of this family. The stone. The foundation that keeps them coming back.
Chapter End Notes:
My first very fan fic. Hope everyone enjoys. Feed back will be great!