- Text Size +
We've been driving for what it seemed to be a 100 years. It took 7 hours to get from Long Island to Jamestown. I drove the first 3 hours and Aaron took on the next 4 hour shift. I suggested to Aaron we should have taken a plane but he insisted on driving. He feels sometimes his family can be overwhelming and with your car at your access you can get up and escape whenever needed. We were actually just about 25 minutes away from the house.

I turned to Aaron and said< "I'm so happy you asked me to come with you, and spend the holidays!."


"Of course, I couldn't leave my heart behind. Your my sanity around all those kooks!" Aaron said with smile.


"I'm sure everyone has matured from their House Of Carter days. So why Jamestown? Why not Tampa, LA, or even Tennessee?" I asked.


Aaron shrugged " This is where it all began. Coming back to our roots. Nick, my brother, is sort of like the family stone. He holds or at least tries to hold everyone together."


I smiled and whispered " That is sweet. I love how you love your older brother."


Aaron looked away from the wheel and said "I love you the most!"


I replied " I love you too."


I do love Aaron, but I don't get that feeling that people talk about when they describe true love. My heart doesn't skip a beat when he enters a room. I think about him, but not 24/7. My stomach doesn't flutter when we kiss or have sex. When Aaron went on tour a few months back for two months, I didn't miss him. I missed my cuddle buddy and my partner in crime, but not a lover. I didn't even cry when we got into a huge fight and he told me he was leaving and never coming back. I didn't cry, my eyes didn't water. I just didn't want to be alone. In fact, the first and last time I cried was when I lost my aunt. But maybe all those feelings are made up fairytale feelings, that are made up to give girls hope.