- Text Size +
I woke up to a big, empty bed. I stretched my arms and legs out wide. I had an awesome sleep. I really needed that after meeting the girls, my fight with Aaron, and my touching yet weird conversation with Nick. I rolled over and sat up. I looked at the clock. It was 10:30am. Next to the clock was a little note with Aaron's messy handwriting. I picked it up and read to myself.
" Ari, went into town with Angel and BJ to pick up decorations for the house and tree. You looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to wake you. After last night I think we need space for a few hours. Love, Aaron"

I shook my head, crumbled the paper and through it into the basket by our bed. I was about to call him on our cell, but then remembered there was no cell service up here. I walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, did my hair and my makeup. Lasty, I put on my dark jeans, a gray,long sleeve t-shirt, with a soft pink cardigan over me and a pair of boots. I head down the stairs by 11:45am to see nick sitting at the kitchen table drinking hot chocolate. He must of heard me because he looked up and smiled

"Hey you!" He said

"Hi" I said back as I put my hands in my pockets.

"You look all cute and cozy. Want some hot chocolate?" he asked sweetly

"Uh no thank you. I am fine. Maybe later. I don't get hungry till after 1 or 2 anyway." I replied

"Explains why your so slim. So you ready?" He asked getting up and walking to the coat rack to grab his jacket.

I raised my eyebrow " Ready for what?"

" Well, Aaron, and my sisters are out getting decorations. So that means you and I have to get the tree. So grab your jacket and lets go." Nick said

I smiled "Great, let me run up and get my jacket!" I ran up to my room, and put on my coat, hat, scarf, and gloves. Then met Nick outside as he warmed up his big Jeep. I hopped in the car, and put on my seat belt. Nick smiled and pulled out of the driveway, and started driving on the road.

"So, why so sad this morning?" Nick asked not taking his eyes off the road.

"No reason, I am fine." I shrugged and looked out the window. Nick wouldn't get it. Its about his brother, so he wouldn't get it.

"Bullshit! What's wrong?" He asked again

I let out a sigh " Ok, so don't be pissed, but it's Aaron. We had a tiff last night. I noticed during dinner he ignored me, and he let Bobbie Jean and Angel disregard me. Then he tells me it's me. I know, blood is thicker than water. But wrong is wrong. Angel and Bobbie Jean shouldn't be like that to me regardless on how I choose to take care of myself. He needs to back me up. I want a man who be my lawyer. Who will back me up, fight for me or fight with me. That's the love I want. I don't know I am just questioning a lot right now, and it's only been one day."

"Your right. He did ignore you, and my sister's aren't very nice you. Me and him shouldn't allow them to act that way. I am sorry" Nick replied.

I put my hand up to stop him " Please, it's not your job. Your not my boyfriend."

Nick was about to say something, but I interrupted him, and turned up the radio.

"I love this song...baby it's cold out side" I exclaimed.

Nick smiled. We drove the rest of the way in silence. After 20, minutes we reached our destination. We spent almost two hours looking for the perfect tree. I have to say we had a blast. There was no talks of me and Aaron, or of Angel and Bobbie Jean. We spoke of old fond Christmas memories, stories of him on the road with the boys. He let me choose the tree. After much deliberation, I chose the "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. I knew with a little tender and care it be beautiful. Nick agreed. After, Nick offered to take me a local diner for lunch. I was happy because I sure was hungry now.

In the restaurant, we were seated. I ordered a tuna melt sandwich with waffle friend and a strawberry milkshake. Nick ordered grilled chicken wrap with soup and a coke.

"So tell me about why your parent's aren't here? I want to meet them" I asked.

"Uhhh no you don't!" Nick replied with a small laugh.

I picked up a fry and threw it at his head. "C'mon!"

"Ok, so now your going to drill me. Well, I'm sure you know my family is messed up. I think that's why we have so many fucking issues. Me and my don't talk at all, so she won't come because I am and my dad has Christmas with his new family. I do talk to him from time to time." Nick said.

"That's it?" I asked

"Yeah, nothing else to tell if there was I would tell you. I like you." Nick said softly

I smiled " I like you too."

After, that we finished lunch. Nick paid and we headed back home. We got back home around 5pm. I actually helped Nick bring up the tree. As we carried up the tree, we heard laughter coming the living room. Nick and I stopped in front of the living room and put down the tree. There stood Angel, Bobbie Jean, Aaron, and some girl that Aaron had his arms draped over her shoulders. Nick cleared his throat. They all looked up. Aaron quickly removed his arms from this girl's shoulder. He walked over to help grab my side of the tree.

"How nice of you two join us!" Bobbie Jean said sarcastically taking a sip of her wine.

"Hey babe" Aaron came up and kissed my cheek.

"Arielle, this Hannah. Hannah this Arielle. Hannah and Aaron dated for two years. They broke up only a few months before you and Aaron got to together I believe." Angel said with a smirk.

I looked and seen Bobbie Jean smirking, and a sly smirk on Hannah's face too. She was secretly enjoying me being uncomfortable. Hannah was shorter than me, blonde bob cut, dressed in skater clothes. To be honest I could care less of her presence for some reason.

I removed my gloves and walked up to Hannah with a smile and put out my hand " Nice to meet you, Hannah. I heard about you. You slept with Aaron's best friend and his drummer, right?"

Everyone stood in utter shock. Nick tried to hold in his laugh. Hannah was speechless as well.

"Um..Ari, we were planning on going out for dinner and drinks, and Hannah was going to join us. Since her family owns the restaurant." Aaron offered with a look of distress on his face.

" I am not hungry. Nick and I had a late lunch. Have fun!" I said with not a care in the world as I walked up the stairs.

Nick chimed in " Yeah me too. Go have fun! We will decorate the tree tomorrow"

They all nodded. I was already up stairs in my room. I heard Aaron and Nick place the tree up, and the door closed. I assumed they left because five minutes later, Nick knocked on my door. He came in the room and kept me company as we watched a marathon of "The Big Bang Theory".