- Text Size +
I woke up still dressed in the same clothes from yesterday. I got up the clock read 9:15am. I walked towards the bathroom as Aaron was walking out with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hey you" he muttered

"Hi how was last night?" I asked. I still smelled the alcohol coming from his pores.

"Fun. Drank too much."

I nodded and started heading in the bathroom to take a shower.

"Ari" Aaron called. I turned around.

"I'm sorry if Hannah being here upset. My family means a lot to me. My sisters are my everything. I don't want to fight, so can you just lay of with the bitchy remarks." Aaron said seriously.

I am so over it "Mhmm." I went into the bathroom, and showered. Today I slicked my hair in a tight pony tail. I decided on no makeup today, a red cowl neck sweater, black leggings, and black riding boots. When I had went down stairs everyone had already started decorating the house.

"How nice of you to join us" said Bobbie Jean.

Angel walked over and looked at me " Don't take this to heart, like I like you but you look really pretty without makeup, and yesterday with Hannah, your a bad bitch." She smirked and walked away. I smirked back, and Bobbie Jean rolled her eyes.

Nick looked at me from the living room " Just in time! I waited for you to decorate the tree."

I seen in the corner of my eye. Bobbie Jean and Angel stare at each other with confused looks. Just then Aaron walks in from the outside. I turned to him

"Where were you?" I asked

"Out" he responded

"Oh, well it's tree trimming time." I told him

"Great lets beautify this poor little tree" Aaron answered.

Decorating the tree was going pretty smoothly. Angel and I actually spoke a bit. I went to the box ornaments that read " Carter Family Ornaments". I picked up this pretty pink and white one. I didn't realize there was another box behind me when I turned around. I started to walk and I tripped. The ornament dropped and shattered into itty bitty pieces.

" Oh shit!". dropped down to the floor and started cleaning the up pieces. Bobbie Jean looked over and suddenly turned pale as a ghost. she screamed and dropped to her knees. When she did that Angel, and Aaron bent by her. Nick stood by my and helped me up.

"You fucking idiot!" Bobbie Jean screamed.

"I'm sorry, I will buy you a new one." I answered putting my head down. I didn't understand why everyone was so upset over this ornament.

"That's just it. It's irreplaceable. This ornament was Leslie's. Her favorite ornament. Her first ornament. Something we treasure." Bobbie Jean said angrily.

I was speechless. Nick put his hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know" I whispered.

"Ya know? No one cares, Arielle. To think I was starting to sort of like you. No one wants you here. Your not family. You should go" Angel said through gritted teeth.

I looked at Aaron with tears in my eyes looking for back up.

Aaron looked at me and said " You should go, Arielle. Take the car."

I nodded. I walked away from Nick's hold, and went up stairs, and gathered my things quickly. I rushed out the back door to the car. I heard Nick fighting with them, I was numb. So embarrassed, so alone. It was almost Christmas in a few days. I drove to the I seen the first motel which was 30 minutes away from the Carters.