- Text Size +
Nick knocked on Elisa’s door two days later.

“Hey,” she said happily.

“Merry Christmas, baby girl,” he said, dropping his guitar case and drawing her in for a kiss. He slid his tongue into her mouth immediately. Elisa returned the kiss hungrily, feeling the rush of emotions that always came with his return.

“Mmm, you taste good,” he whispered, breaking the kiss and coming inside.

“Wow,” he said, with wide eyes as he saw the house.

“I told you! I love Christmas,” Elisa said, smiling widely.

“I can see- oh God what is that smell and please tell me it’s something you can eat, because I am starving,” he said, inhaling deeply and smelling something delicious.

“No, it’s actually something you drink. It’s hot cocoa, I’ll get you some,” Elisa said.

Nick sat down and admired her tree. She already had gifts wrapped under it. She had Christmas music playing, and the entire atmosphere was festive, even though she hadn’t celebrated with anyone in a while.

Elisa handed him a cup of cocoa and he took a sip.

“Oh my God, this is amazing,” he said, taking a gulp.

“Thanks, it’s my own recipe,” she said.

Nick smiled at her.

“Well, it’s more amazing. So what’d you end up getting me?”

“Nice try, Nick. You don’t get to find out until Christmas,” she said, sitting next to him on the couch.

“I would have been happy with the miniskirt idea,” Nick said.

“Yeah yeah, we all know you’re a total horndog.”

Nick nuzzled her neck.

“Only for you, baby.”

Elisa smiled and kissed him sweetly.

“Good.”

“You know, I’ve been trying some new notes on the guitar,” he said playfully, running his hand up her thigh.

“Oh really?” she asked, her voice cracking as he reached the button on her jeans.

“Yeah, but I think I should practice some more, so I don’t get rusty.”

“Nice try, baby. While I would love for you to make me feel like that again, you’re like a drug, and I don’t want to get hooked before we’re ready,” she said, kissing him and gently pushing his hand away.

“Aw, man. Okay, you win. For now.”

Elisa smiled, and hugged him.

“I’m so glad you’re home.”

_____________________

Christmas Eve was two days later, and Nick was driving Elisa to a church where she would be singing that night. He’d gotten AJ and Rochelle to come support her. The rest of the guys were out of town with their families.

Nick hadn’t been to a church in a while, and he was nervous. Elisa wasn’t religious, but she was spiritual enough to show up to church on Christmas Eve.

She was wearing a gold shirt with black pants and gold flats. She had a white rose-bought by Nick- tucked behind her ear.

Nick thought she looked stunning. He had complete faith in her and what she was about to do. He hadn’t heard her sing since their first date.

Elisa, on the other hand, was shaking with fear. This was the first time she’d sang in front of Nick with others watching. Well, other than Frankie J, and the fans at the concert. Plus, she was singing more than once tonight.
And AJ was going to be there. AJ, who loved to rib people for breathing the wrong way. She was scared she was going to hit the wrong note and he was going to never let her live it down.

Elisa was scared shitless.

Nick parked and turned to her.

“You got this, Leese,” he said sweetly.

“If AJ cracks one joke, I’m going to hit him over the head with a crucifix,” Elisa said seriously.

Nick got out, and opened her door.

“I’ll make sure that doesn’t happen. If he makes one joke, I’ll kick his ass, promise. Now get in there, and give us a show.”

______________________

She went to the choir room and saw someone she was very happy to see.

“Frankie!”

“Elisa!”

Frankie J hugged her.

“What are you doing here?”

“Nick called me. Said you needed moral support, but I offered to play the guitar tonight on stage with you instead. That way if you pass out, I’ll catch you.”

“Nick did this?”

“Yeah. He really likes you, girl, and be glad I like both of you, or there’s no way I would have done this. You ready to go out there and show them that amazing voice?”

Elisa smiled.

“Yeah.”

__________________

Elisa sighed before she took the mic. Frankie nodded at her and winked. She saw Nick, AJ, and Rochelle in the third row. Nick blew her a kiss and Rochelle sent her a thumbs up.

She began to sing “O Come O Ye Faithful” as Frankie played, and her worries melted away. She smiled as she sang, and she caught Nick’s eye. He was watching her seriously, as if she was the only one in the room. Nick knew he made the right choice in calling Frankie. Elisa had came onstage a lot calmer than she had been out in the car.

As she finished the song, Nick, Rochelle, and AJ led the room in applause. He gave her the most dazzling smile as she made a small bow, and took her seat in front of the choir.

AJ leaned over to Nick and whispered “Dude, you’re drooling. Pull it together, dammit.”

Nick punched him in the arm as he and Elisa maintained eye contact. Soon, it was time for her to sing again.
Elisa began to sing “Silent Night” with two other girls in the choir, and it was obvious to Nick that this was a personal song to her due to the few tears that fell down her cheeks.

She belted out her notes like a pro, and at the end, all music stopped as the three girls harmonized the last chorus in perfect sync.

They received a standing ovation, and Rochelle even wiped away a few tears.

There was one more song Elisa was going to sing, “O Holy Night” before she was done.

Elisa decided she was going to make it her best song of the night.

She took every feeling she had..of sadness, of anger, of happiness, and, as she looked at Nick, of love, and poured them into her song.

She belted out the notes of her favorite Christmas song, even the high ones, and everyone in the room had their eyes on her that night.

Nick watched her as she sang the song, and he knew he was done. He knew that the battle his mind and heart had been fighting the last few months was over, and now all he had left was to admit defeat.

He was in love with Elisa Montgomery. And it was time to tell her.
Chapter End Notes:
The version of Silent Night I used was the one from Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red album.