- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a short chapter, but the next one will be worth it =)
Nick drove over to Elisa’s a couple days after Christmas, to drop off a few gifts the fellas and their ladies had gotten her.

He walked right in to see her on the floor with papers all around her.

“Geeze, what happened?” Nick asked as he put the gifts on the kitchen counter.

“I have to find a file for someone to transfer, and I tripped, and knocked them out of place.”

“Let me help, I promise to forget everything I see,” he said, kneeling on the floor. Together, they reorganized the papers and placed them in her bedroom.

“I have stuff for you, from the guys and their chicks. I know, you didn’t get them anything. They don’t care.
Well, AJ pretended to. But he really didn’t. That big one is from him,” Nick said.

“Wow,” Elisa said, looking at the decent amount of gifts for her. “I can’t remember the last time I got this many presents.”

Nick loved the bemused smile she had on her face. She didn’t expect much from others, so watching her receive things was always nice.

“Bring me AJ’s present, that way you can tell him I opened his first and he can gloat to everyone,” she said, jokingly.

Nick did, and she opened it to find a box set of old movies featuring Liz Taylor.

“You told them I loved old movies?” she said, obviously touched.

“I told them everything you liked. At least what you’ve told me,” Nick said, shrugging.

Kevin’s gift to her was tickets to a Tim McGraw show later in the year, since she had let slip he was her favorite country musician. Howie’s gift to her was a set of Michael Jackson’s CDs and a DVD with all of his music videos on it. Brian’s gift was a set of three books. One was a first edition of Gone with the Wind, and the two official accompanying books, Rhett Butler’s People and Scarlett.

“Oh my God…” Elisa said, wiping the tears from her eyes. “I can’t believe they did this.”

“They care about you, and want you to feel like you belong. The girls’ gift was from all of them together, some sort of scrapbook. It’s over there. They all loved their gifts, and their kids officially love you, now. Bailey hasn’t stopped playing his guitar.”

He went and grabbed the scrapbook.

“Oh, they suck. You can’t read this in front of me,” he said, reading the front of it.

“Well, give it here so I can read it later,” Elisa said, taking it from him and putting it on top of her other gifts. He helped her take them to her room.

“I hate to cut this visit short, but I have to be on a plane to New Orleans tomorrow. But before I go, I wanted to know if you wanted to go out on New Years Eve with me?”

“Out?”

“To a club. I’m DJing at one and I’d love to have you there with me. We can invite your friend and AJ and Rochelle,” he said.

Elisa grinned.

“I’d love to.”

After he left, she opened the book the girls had made for her.


Backstreet Girl’s Survivor Guide. To Elisa, from Kristin, Leighanne, Leigh, and Rochelle.


Elisa smiled as she read the pages. It had pictures of the guys in concert, and few pictures of Nick and Elisa together.


*Rule #1: NEVER go on the fansite forums. The fans are brutal on us girls. The boys don’t read the comments about us, and would rather us not either. You haven’t been found out yet, but give it time.
*Rule #2: DO NOT READ THE TABLOID STORIES. Most of the time they are fake. The guys will tell us what we need to know.
*Rule #3: Fangirls and groupies are part of the package. They are going to try to steal our men. Do not be insecure. You’re the one with the man they want, own it and embrace it.
*Rule #4: Sexting and phone sex are your friends during the touring days. Trust us on this.
*Rule #5: Love him. Be there for him. This is a rough life they lead, and they need us here to keep them grounded.
*Rule #6: Call us if you need anything. To vent, to whine, to complain. We have been there, and are more than willing to help you when you need it.

We love you. We’re so happy Nick found you. Welcome to the Backstreet Girls. Without us, they wouldn’t be where they are today.


Elisa grinned as she finished it. She hadn’t been a part of a real family in so long, and she was happy to be a part of this one.