- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
short chapter, but there's more story. I have it done on my computer, I'm just copying and pasting from my Word.
Elisa woke up in Nick’s arms. She stayed there as she remembered his singing last night. She didn’t remember when he came to bed, just that he was there. “You awake?” he asked softly. “Mhm,” she said, looking up at him. He dropped a sweet kiss to her lips. “Are you still…you know?” “I haven’t checked, yet, why?” Nick smiled, remembering his dream. “I want to do something with you, but you should probably be off your period for it. It’s not sex, but it has a chance of leading to it.” Elisa grinned. “I’ll go check real quick.” Nick got up as she went to the bathroom, and he got dressed. As he was putting his shoes on, she came out, smiling. “All clear,” she said. “Cool. Put some shoes on, we’re heading to my place. Keep what you have on,” he said, as she went to grab some clothes. “What exactly are we going to do?” “You’ll see.” Once he pulled into the driveway of his house, Nick grabbed his guitar with one hand and Elisa’s hand with the other. Going around to the back of the house, he unlocked the door. Nick led Elisa to his gym, which had a spot for practicing dance moves. “Remember when I saw you dance the other day?” She nodded. “It’s been on my mind ever since. So, I want you to dance for me as I sing,” he said, grinning. Elisa’s jaw dropped. Nick was looking at her with a combination of curiousity, excitement, and heat. “What song?” “Miss America. You were fucking hot in that song, and I had a dream that we did this. I want to make it a reality,” he said, touching her face. “It can be something for just the two of us, babygirl. I’ve never done this with anyone else.” Elisa smiled a little. “I’ll try,” she said. “Start playing.” As he sang, she began to move as he strummed his guitar. He began to sing as her hips swayed seductively. Nick didn’t write the song, but now he knew the song had to have written for this goddess in front of him. He could definitely relate to the sexy lyrics as she did a beautiful backbend and swayed her waist as she came back up. She then stripped off her tank top as she continued to dance in her bra and stretch pants. He watched her as he played and sang, wanting her so badly, yet wanting to see her dance more. She was putting this show all on for him, and he was eating it up. As he ended the song, he tossed the guitar and sang the last few lyrics walking to her seductively. She grinded her body against his as he stood behind her, with one arm across her chest. As he quit singing, he kissed her shoulders. She sighed and melted against him. He turned her around where she was facing him. “Thank you,” he whispered before capturing her mouth with his. Picking her up, he carried her to his bedroom, where he was intent on showing her just how much she really meant to him. Hours later, Nick rubbed Elisa’s naked back as she slept. He noticed she had a tattoo on her side, of something in Spanish. He didn’t speak it much, so he would ask her about it later. He got out of bed and put a pair of sweats on. He went outside and sat on his back porch, watching the sun go down. He thought of the sleeping woman upstairs, and wondered how in the hell he fell for her so fast. They’d come so far from that sidewalk six months ago. He hadn’t intended on things going this far with Elisa, but he was glad that they did. She was the best thing that had happened to him, and everyone around him knew it. His phone rang, and he checked the caller ID. It was Aaron. “Yeah, man?” he asked. “Hey, what’s up?” “Nothing much, why?” “Wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tonight, I got home last night.” “That’s cool but I can’t hang out right now, I’ve got…company.” “A chick, right?” Aaron asked. “My girlfriend, yeah. I’ll let you guys meet her one day soon,” Nick replied. “Is she anything like the last one?” “Nope. Maureen was nice, but this girl is…wow. You guys are going to love her.” “Mom won’t, she doesn’t like any of your girlfriends.” “Yeah, well, Mom is different story. Call up AJ, I’m sure he’d like to see you.” Aaron laughed. “I’ll go over there, I haven’t seen Ava yet. Later,” he said. “Later,” Nick replied and hung up. Elisa woke up and heard a guitar playing. She smiled and followed the sound to a room down the hall. Nick looked up from his guitar and saw Elisa standing there, and grinned. “About time you woke up, beautiful,” he said, putting his guitar down and gesturing for her to come to him. Elisa walked to him and he pulled her into his lap. He sighed deeply and she rested her head on his shoulder. “What were you playing just now?” “Surprised you didn’t recognize it. It was one of Frankie’s songs. ‘Is This What You Call Love’,” Nick said. “That song is deep, and painful. Why were you playing it?” “Just practicing. I do better with songs that aren’t mine,” Nick said. “You hungry?” “Yeah, a bit. I can cook something if you want,” she said. “Nah, I’ll do it. Tilapia sound good?” Elisa grinned. “Sounds great.” As he cooked, Elisa went back to the gym. She wanted to dance again, so she put some music on her phone. Noting she hadn’t danced to Michael Jackson in a while, she quickly made a playlist to dance to, and hit play. About an hour later, she sat on a weight bench, exhausted but fufilled. There was one more song to do, but she wanted to save it for later. Putting her shirt on, she headed to the kitchen where Nick was finishing dinner. After they ate, Elisa helped him clean up. It led to a water fight after Nick placed ice down her shirt, and soon they were both soaking wet and laughing like little kids. They sat on the kitchen floor, cleaning up the mess they had made. “I love this,” he said, picking up the wet towels. “Making a flood in your kitchen?” Elisa asked, confused. “No, me and you being like this. Just enjoying each other,” he said, dumping the towels in the washing machine. He then stripped off his shirt and tossed it in too. “Shirt, please.” “I don’t have anything else,” she said, rolling her eyes. “Good thing I have tons of shirts upstairs. Come on,” he said, his hand extended. Elisa laughed, and took her shirt off. “You just wanted to see me with my shirt off.” “Yep. Come on, let’s see what we got upstairs,” Nick said, grinning playfully. Soon, she was in one of his oversized black T-shirts. He’d wrapped one of his scarves around her waist, so it looked like a dress on her. “Damn, that looks good,” he said, admiring her as she took her soaked pants off. She walked downstairs and dropped them in the washing machine with her shirt. “Come with me,” he said, extending his hand. She took it, and he led her outside. They walked on the beach and sat down where the waves lapped against their feet. The moon reflected off of the ocean, and the stars were shining bright. “I was wondering…you want to meet my family?” he asked after a while. “Like your sisters and brother and them?” Elisa asked, nervously. “Yeah,” Nick replied. “Aaron called earlier wanting to catch up and I told him about us.” “I wouldn’t mind meeting them. What about your mom?” Nick sighed, deep in thought. “I hope she’ll like you, but she never likes anyone I bring around, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.” Elisa smiled and leaned against him. “Only one way to find out,” she said. “Yeah. Ready to head up to the house?” “Yeah. I’m pretty wore out, thanks to you,” she said jokingly. “I’ll take that as a compliment,” he said, kissing her cheek and helping her up. He dusted the sand off of her before walking back to his house. Elisa woke up around three to an empty bed again. Yawning, she got up and found Nick in his music room again, playing a tune on a piano. “You always find a way to surprise me,” she whispered to herself as she watched him. She recognized the song from the Millennium album.

“I need you tonight, I need you right now. I know deep within my heart, it doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or right, I really need you tonight,” he sang softly, focusing on the piano.


Elisa sat on a chair behind him, and waited for him to finish singing. When he did, he propped his face on his hand, and sighed. She walked up behind him, and rested her chin on his head.

“How did I know you’d be here?” he asked, taking her hand and kissing it softly.

“The same way I knew where to find you when I woke up alone,” she murmured. “You can’t sleep?”

“No. I have a lot on my mind,” he said, turning to face her. He pulled her into his lap and kissed her lips softly. “I’ll be there soon, I promise.”

“Is there anything I can do?” she asked, concerned.

“No, baby, it’s something I need to get through on my own,” he said, smiling slightly at her.

Elisa kissed him goodnight and walked back to bed, leaving Nick with his thoughts.

Lately he’d been dreaming of Leslie, his sister who had died a couple years ago. He still blamed himself a lot for her death, and he had a feeling his family did, too.

He was not looking forward to taking Elisa to meet his family. It had nothing to do with her, she was perfect in every way. He was worried about his family’s reaction, namely, BJ and his mother. His dad, and the twins he wasn’t too worried about.

BJ still had her issues with Leslie’s death. She, too, had a problem with alcohol, but Leslie dying didn’t seem to wake her up at all.

And his mom, she was worse. She was always content with living through her kids, until they cut her off. She hated anyone who took her place in the kids world, which meant boyfriends, girlfriends, etc.

Nick thought of Elisa. She was definitely the brightest spot in his life, with the band being a close second. They were his true family, in his opinion.

Sighing, he closed the lid on the piano and walked into his bedroom. Elisa was still awake. She was sitting with her knees to her chest, waiting for him.

Nick sat next to her, and she climbed on top of him.

“You’d tell me if something was wrong, right?” Elisa asked him, looking onto his eyes.

He nodded.

“Yes, I would. It’s just I’m used to dealing with this alone.”

“Well, you’re not alone anymore, baby. Talk to me,” she pleaded.

Nick gently pushed her off of him, so he could talk to her without being distracted.

“It’s Leslie. She’s been on my mind lately.”

Elisa nodded for him to continue.

“I still carry a lot of guilt for her dying. I feel like I should have done more, that I was a terrible role model. In the end, I was so sick of everyone coming to me to help her, but what they don’t understand is that I couldn’t help her if she didn’t want to help herself.”

“I understand that,” Elisa said softly. He smiled at her.

“I know you do. I wish everyone else could, too.”

“I know. But they can’t be forced to understand it until they can come to accept it. I actually sent something when she died. Way before I even knew you. We had lost a student around the same time, through the same way. I felt for you. Plus Yolanda never stopped talking about you back then, so I knew so much about your life even if I didn’t want to know,” she admitted, laughing a little.

Nick laughed with her.

“I look for it. I have all that stuff in the garage somewhere.”

Elisa took his hand.

“I love you, Nick. I want you to come to me if you ever need to get this crap off your chest,” she said.

Nick nodded.

“I will. I promise”