- Text Size +
“I think I’m going to take the job,” Elisa told Yolanda.

“Aren’t you going to talk to Nick?” Yolanda asked.

“Of course I am,” Elisa said. “When he’s home.”

“You can’t do that,” Yolanda said. “They need an answer right when he gets home.”

“I don’t know how to tell him. I love him so much, and I don’t want to hurt him. Plus I want him focused over there.”

Yolanda rolled her eyes.

“You’re going to do what you want so why am I bothering? I just hope for your sake you know what you’re doing.”

__________________________________


Elisa signed her contract the next week, and felt pretty good about everything.

She knew Nick was going to be a little upset, but she had a plan to offset that. She called Kristin in mid-March to tell her and they got the rest of the ladies on board for a night that the guys would never forget.

____________________

Finally, it was time for the Backstreet Boys to come home.
The boys saw their driver waiting for them when they got home, but no women.

“What the hell?” AJ asked. The rest of the guys shrugged their shoulders, frustrated as well. Nick hoped everything was okay.

“The ladies are somewhere else, they’ve given me strict instructions to take you to them,” the driver said, opening the limo door.

“This is either really good, or really bad,” Kevin said, stretching out his legs.

“I’m hoping good,” Howie said.

“Damn, why ya’ll so worried for?” Nick asked, kidding. “Our girls are cool, maybe they just didn’t want to be at the airport.”

The driver showed up at a club that was empty-looking.

“Okay, now I’m scared,” Nick admitted. “They’re going to kill us for something. I don’t know what, but they are plotting our murders right now.”

Nervously, they all walked in, where the front row of tables were set for them. Frankie J was sitting on the stage, and grinned when he saw them.

“Dudes, you have no idea what’s about to happen,” he said, laughing.

“We’re going to die, aren’t we? Shit, I knew I should have called Leigh more,” Howie said, freaking.

“Nah, you’re not going to die. Just take a seat.”


Meanwhile, the girls were in their outfits for the night, giggling at what they were about to put the boys through.

“Kevin doesn’t even know I can dance,” Kristin said, fluffing her hair.

Elisa grinned at her friend, applying one last coat of eyeliner.

“They are going to explode when they see what we have planned,” she said.

Frankie came backstage, grinning.

“They’re here, and convinced they are dead men walking. Are you girls ready?”

Elisa nodded.

“Oh yeah.”



Nick was tapping his foot, wondering what was going on. He had no doubt this was his girl’s idea, since shit like this never happened with the other girls.

The curtain raised and he lost his breath. He heard their remix to the call as five silhouettes of the girls showed on stage. Frankie rapped the beginning as each girl made their appearance. All of them were in a black tank top, blue jean mini skirt, and black Nikes.

Rochelle sang AJ’s part, dancing as she did. It was their dance, just with the girl’s spin on it.

Nick’s first solo was taken by Kristin, as Kevin grinned at his wife. They all danced some more as Frankie rapped again, then Elisa took the mike, gave Nick the sexiest look as she sang his second solo, and danced as she did.

The guys were clapping and moving along as their wives gave the show of their lives on that stage, and it was all for them.

They had one more song to sing, that involved chairs. Nick knew immediately what song it was.

Not disappointing him, Elisa and Leighanne sang “As Long As You Love Me” as they did the dance that went with it.

“We thought we’d give you guys a welcome home you wouldn’t forget,” Leigh said as she smiled brightly at Howie.

“Ya’ll go get your guys, girls,” Frankie said. The girls jumped off the stage and went to their husbands, or, in Elisa’s case, boyfriend.

Nick lifted Elisa off the ground and kissed her passionately.

“Why do I think this was your idea?” he asked, grinning at her.

Elisa smiled back.

“Because it was. I’m surprised they went with it, I was going to go solo, just for you,” she said in a seductive tone.

“Mmm, maybe you can give me a solo performance later?” he whispered in her ear. “Let’s get home, we have a lot of catching up to do.”

___________________________


Nick watched Elisa’s sleeping figure and sighed. He got up and went to shower, when he saw a piece of paper sticking out of her bag. He pulled it out, and read it.

“What the fuck?” he said under his breath.


Elisa woke up the next morning alone. She walked downstairs and saw Nick at the kitchen table.

“Nick?” she asked.

“We need to talk,” he said.

Elisa sat down, and saw with a shock that he’d been drinking.

“Nick, please, if we have to talk, it can wait til you’re sober.”

“No, we’re going to do it now.”

“Okay,” Elisa said, scared out of her mind. “What’s up?”

“I found this in your bag,” he said, throwing a piece of paper on the table.

It was a copy of her signed contract to work in Argentina.

“Fuck,” she said, putting her head in her hands.

“When were you going to tell me?” he asked.

“Today, I swear. I didn’t-“

“I don’t want to hear your fucking excuses, Elisa! You should have talked to me about this!”

“I was going to! I was waiting til you-“

“Get out,” he said lowly.

“Excuse me?” Elisa asked, taken aback.

“Get the fuck out of my house, I don’t want to fucking see you right now!” he exclaimed, throwing his beer bottle at the wall.

Elisa looked at him, truly frightened now. Getting up slowly, she got her things and walked out of his house. Getting her phone, she called a cab.

Once she was home, she sat against her door and broke down in tears. She called Yolanda immediately.

“Yolanda? Please don’t say I told you so, please,” she sobbed into the phone.