- Text Size +
The day of the concert came, and Elisa was nervous. Patricia was all smiles as she drove to the venue.

“I’m actually going to meet them! You have no clue how much this means to me,” she was saying.

Elisa smiled a little.

“You’re not really looking forward to this, are you?” Patricia asked.

“No, I am, I’ve missed these guys, and it’ll be nice seeing most of them.”

“You’re nervous about Nick?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you wanting to be with him again?”

“Not right now. He said something to me, that was honestly unforgivable.”

“Nothing is unforgivable, amiga. Even Jesus forgives everyone.”

“Jesus was all good. I’m only human.”

“And it’s human to say things you don’t mean. You honestly telling me you haven’t said things you don’t regret?”

Elisa bit her lip, and knew that Patricia was right.

“I guess I have said some things,” she grumbled.”

“I thought so,” Patricia said.

As they pulled in, a guard checked their IDs and passes.

“Senorita Montgomery, they’re expecting you,” he said, waving them through.

As she parked and walked to the backstage area, she was hit with flashbacks.


"I'll make them up to you..." Elisa was singing
"Oh yeaaah," Brian surprisingly joined in, to the shock of the girls.
"But you don't care, you keep sticking around," Nick chimed in, taking Elisa's hand and dancing with her, to the squeals of the fans. Her eyes widened as she danced with him, fighting back tears the entire time.
The three of them finished out the song together, and Nick and Brian applauded Elisa as it ended.
"Oh my god, I totally ruined your song, guys," Elisa was saying, horrified.
"No no no, you were great. It was awesome. You have some pipes, girl," Brian said, hugging her.
Nick smiled at her.
"He's right, you did a great job."
Elisa blushed as they made eye contact for the first time.



“Elisa, I think that woman is calling you,” Patricia said as she pointed. Elisa pulled out of her memories to see Kristin waving at her.

“LEESE!” she cried as she rushed over and hugged her.

“Kristin I’ve missed you!” Elisa said, hugging her back.

“Patricia, this is Kevin’s wife, Kristin.”

“Hey, you’re the one making sure our girl is taken care of?”

“Of course!” Patricia said, shaking Kristin’s hand.

Kristin led them backstage, where Elisa was bombarded.

AJ picked her up and hugged her tight.

“Please come home with us, it’s fucking boring without you,” he said. Brian pushed AJ away to hug her next.

“Don’t listen to him, we’re glad you’re doing what you love,” he said kissing her cheek. Howie gave her a huge smile and a hug, and Kevin held her tight for a long time. He asked how she was, if she was eating, etc.

“I’m fine, Train,” she said, smiling up at the protective older brother. Looking over his shoulder, she saw Nick, who gave her a half-hearted smile.

Elisa walked to him and gave him a hug. He sighed as he hugged her back, both of them feeling that connection still, neither wanting to talk about it.

“Hey,” she said softly.

“Hey,” he said, letting her go but touching her face. “Everything going okay here?”

“Yeah. Rehab?”

“Went fine, I’m clean now. Haven’t had a drink since…you know.”
“Good.”

Elisa looked around to see that the others had given them some time alone. She sighed as she looked back to him.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to try to kiss you or anything. I’m just really sorry about what I said,” Nick said.

“Me too. But this thing…I can’t fix it right now. I’m still mad, and it’s going to take a hell of a lot more than I’m sorry to make it okay.”

Nick sighed.

“Okay,” he said. Elisa stared at the ground, unable to look at him.

“Have a good show,” Elisa said. She walked out of the room, leaving him to wonder what the hell he had to do to win her back.

_____________________________________________

"They are so good!" Patricia said, watching them from the pit.

"Yeah, they are," Elisa said, trying not to look at Nick. However that was impossible when the opening chords of "Back To Your Heart" started.

Elisa KNEW this wasn't a part of the set list, since Brian had emailed it to her a couple days ago. She sent Nick the deadliest look she could imagine, and she saw AJ AND Kevin sigh, which means they told him this wouldn't work and the bonehead didn't listen.

There was about to be hell to pay.

After the show Elisa stormed up to Nick backstage and pushed him as hard as she could.

“What the FUCK was that? I know damn well that wasn’t in the set list! And I know that the other guys didn’t plan that shit!”

Nick didn’t say anything.

“I told you to give me time, dammit! Why can’t you give me that?”

“I’m sorry."

"Oh, really? I hope this sounds familiar, sorry doesn't mean shit to me! Sorry guys but I’m out of here, I can’t even look at him right now without wanting to punch his face in.”

Elisa stormed out and punched the wall on the outside of the building. She was met with a resounding crack.

“SON OF A BITCH!” she screamed, holding her broken hand that was now throbbing with pain.

Patricia walked out to see Elisa holding her hand.
“Aye, Elisa, let’s get you to the doctor,” she said, exasperated.

_____________________________________________________

Meanwhile the guys were all pissed at Nick.

“I told you not to, man!” AJ exclaimed, not believing the shit that just happened.

“I’m sorry!” Nick said.

“Sorry isn’t going to cut it, man! That was stupid!”

“I fucking know!” Nick said, throwing a glass at the wall. “I fucked up, and I’m probably not going to be able to make it right again."

_________________________________


At the hospital, the doctor bandaged up Elisa’s wrist.

“Hope whatever caused this was worth it. You can’t use that hand for three weeks.” The doctor smiled and walked out.

Patricia shook her head.

“Estas loca, homegirl.”

“No, he’s fucking crazy. Thinking he can win me back with a song. He made it out like I wanted to leave him. I didn’t. I wanted us to be together.”

“So what happened.”

Elisa sighed.

“I called him a drunk. He compared me to my mother. Taboo subject for the two of us,” she explained.

“You two will fix this, I have a feeling and my feelings are never wrong,” Patricia finally said.

“I’m not holding my breath,” Elisa grumbled.