- Text Size +
Nick called Elisa from his hotel room later that night.

“Hello?”

“Hey, what time is it there?” she asked sleepily.

“It’s three in the afternoon,” he said, feeling guilty.

“Did I wake you?”

“No, actually, I was just headed to bed. It’s 10 o clock here, last night to you.”

“Shit, girl, I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s great. I was hoping to hear from you. I miss you,” she said.

“I miss you too. Just a few more days, and I’ll be there.”

“I know.”

Nick laid back on his pillows.
“What are you doing?”

“Laying in bed. I just got done doing some paperwork for an ex student. Today was a boring day, thank God.”

“No problems with your mom?”

“Nope,” she said, yawning.

“Look, let me let you sleep, Leese. I’ll call you in your morning. I need to get some sleep before tonight anyway.”

“Mmkay,” she said. “Later.”

“Later, Leese.”

____________________________

The guys stepped off of their private plane two weeks later. They were back in Los Angeles, and their families were meeting them at the tarmac.

Nick watched his brothers’ faces light up as they saw their families. He knew they missed them, and he finally understood the rush home. He was ready to see Elisa. His heart ached for her.

Howie and AJ immediately ran to their families. They had new babies they missed dearly.

So did Kevin but he was helping Brian off the plane, because the klutz twisted his ankle playing ball.

Nick helped Kevin and Brian, then searched the faces for Elisa.

“Where’s Elisa?” he asked Kristin as he reached her.

“She’s sick. Stomach flu, it was going around her school.”

“So she’s home?”

Kristin nodded, and Nick kissed her cheek.

“Have fun, guys, I’ve got to go get my girl,” he said to the fellas.

“She’s not yours yet!” Howie called after him, desperately. He had 100 dollars riding on this.

“Shut up, Howie, and be prepared to fork it over later. I know my boy, he’s got this girl,” AJ said as Nick took off.


______________________

Nick paid the cab, and then went into his house. He changed quickly into a t-shirt and jeans, and then ran out to his car, and headed to Elisa’s.

He texted her when he was in her driveway.

Heard you were sick…everything okay?

I feel like someone threw me out of a plane


I’m sorry. Wish I could make you feel better

Me too.


What are you doing?

Watching some stupid shit on TV. Don’t have the energy to get the remote.


You have your door, locked, right?

I don’t think so. Rochelle was here earlier and she left it unlocked after her.


Remind me to thank her later.


“What the fuck are you talking about, Nick?” she grumbled as she typed to him. Just as she was hitting send, her door opened.

“Who’s there?” she asked weakly.

Nick closed the door and locked it as she breathed a sigh of relief and joy. He put something down at the door and kicked off his shoes.

“You asshole,” she said smiling at him.

“I’ll take that,” Nick said, smiling at the sight of her. He walked to the couch, lifted up her legs and sat down. He let her legs fall into his lap as he brushed some sweaty strands of hair from her face.

“This is definitely not how I was going to welcome you home,” she murmured.

“Oh, don’t worry about that, girl. I just want you to get better.”

“But I was going to tell you I made a choice,” she whined.

“Tell me later. Right now, I’m just going to lie here with you and sing until you fall asleep,” he said, adjusting himself to where he was behind her. He began to softly sing “Faithfully” as he rubbed her back, until she was asleep.

And Nick decided to fall asleep too.

Four hours later, Elisa woke up, disheveled and warm. But the pain in her stomach was gone, and she was a little hungry.

She felt someone behind her, and, turning, she saw that it was Nick, who was peacefully sleeping. He’d stayed when he didn’t have to, which made her feel even more confident in her choice.

Elisa decided to take a shower while he slept. Then she would get something to eat.

Nick woke up to see Elisa gone. He was confused at first until he heard the shower. She must be feeling better.

He checked the time and was shocked to see he’d slept for nearly five hours. Jet lag was a bitch to deal with.

Elisa came out in stretch pants and a blue U-necked shirt. Her hair was wet, and hanging loose.

Nick smirked at her.

“Feeling better?”
“Tons.”

Nick stood up and took her hands.

“You had me worried when you weren’t at the airport.”

“I’m sorry. I started feeling shitty last night, and this morning, it was bad.”

“Don’t apologize, you can’t help it. I'm just glad you’re feeling better,” Nick said, hugging her. “God, I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you more,” she said softly.

He pulled away a little to look at her.

“That’s impossible,” he whispered, looking at her lips and biting his.

Elisa sighed, trying to ignore his gaze.

“Quit that, it’s distracting me,” she said.

Nick snickered but quit biting his lip.

“I know you said you made a decision but I wanted to do one more thing before you tell me.”

Elisa looked confused, but she sat on the couch as he grabbed his guitar out of its case.

“You’re going to sing to me?”

“Yeah. You know This is Us, right?

“I like it, but I don’t know the lyrics all that well.”

“So, the song explains itself, so here it is…


Got a million reasons to run and hide
I don't blame you for being scared, for being scared, no
'Bout a novel long, all the pain that he's caused you
Baby I'm fully aware, I'm fully aware
If I could change the stories ending to me and you
don’t know the meaning of pretending what to do
I could be the one, give you all my love
Forget what he has done to you, I'm here now
Open up to me, love will set you free
If ever you believe it, please believe in me
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby, this is us
I know everything isn't meant to last
Box up all those photographs, you're moving on; yeah
I could flip back over that hour glass
And refill the better half, the better half
And it's a miracle how broken hearts can mend
Won't you dry up all those tear drops and start again?
I could be the one, give you all my love
Forget what he has done to you, I'm here now
Open up to me, love will set you free
If ever you believe it, please believe in me
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby, this is us
If I could show you there's no risk of being left alone
Would you let your past go, I'll take it slow
'Cause there's no need to rush when I know
I could be the one, give you all my love
Forget what he has done to you, I'm here now
Open up to me, love will set you free
If ever you believe it, please believe in me
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby, this is us"




“Nick Carter, you are crazy,” she said, laughing, but wiping away a few tears.

Nick laughed and put his guitar up, and then he sat on the couch beside her.

“So, Elisa, I have officially sung to you, and I meant every word in that song. And I am sure once the guys find out; they’re never going to let me live it down. All of my pride is officially gone. What do you say?”

Elisa grinned at Nick.

“I say…looks like you have a girlfriend,” she said.

Nick smiled brightly and drew Elisa to him.

He kissed her, and she returned the kiss enthusiastically. This kiss was romantic, slow, and sweet, and it completely melted her heart.

“Thank you,” he whispered, breaking the kiss and looking into her eyes.

“For what?”

“For making me the happiest man in the world.”
______________________________________________________

AJ got the text from Nick, and whooped from his restaurant seat.

“Fucking pay up, Howie! Nick and Elisa are a thing!” he shouted, showing him the text.

“Damn it,” Howie said, forking over a hundred dollars to AJ.

As AJ read the text he laughed.

“He sang to her. Oh man, he’s such a chick,” he said.

“Oh really, Alexander? So you’re going to pretend you didn’t beg for me in a song?” Rochelle said, raising an eyebrow.

“Hey, don’t say that in public, you’ll ruin my reputation!”

Leigh and Rochelle laughed at their husbands. Rochelle sent Leighanne and Kristin texts stating that all the boys were now taken.

“Great. Kevin owes Brian 250,” was Kristin’s reply.