- Text Size +
I feel as if the life is being sucked out of me. I am having a nightmare right? Harry! Oh my gosh Harry! I sit numbly as Cris and the doctor talk in Spanish. The IV is taken out. I am discharged with some pills for my stomach and an appointment for the next day for an ultrasound. I am silent as Cristiano gets me into the car and back to his house. He seats me on the couch but I have still not uttered a word. I hear him call Sergio and then the coach that due to an emergency, he will not be at practice. I can’t form the words to tell him to go. Cris paces back and forth, he tries talking to me. I hear him mutter something about shock.

“I am going to call your friend Kate Middleton,” he finally says.

“NO!” I scream. “SHE CAN’T KNOW. HARRY CAN’T KNOW!” I am growing hysterical.

He sits beside me.

“Calm down AJ, you have to calm down for the baby,” he says placing his hand against my stomach.

I shudder. There is a baby, Harry’s baby growing inside of me. I begin to cry and sob into Cristiano’s arms. He rocks me and begins to sing trying to calm me down. I lay with my head on his shoulder between his legs and he rubs my tummy.

“Oh my gawd. My mother is going to kill me! I am a teen mom! The queen is going to behead me. My life is over!” I whisper.

“Baby, we have to let Harry know,”

“No way! He moved on with that Cressida, dancer girl. I am NOT telling him he knocked me up!”

“Well, do you plan on keeping the baby?” Cris asks.

I grow quiet. I haven’t thought of my other options. What would happen if I aborted the next royal baby? Then again, no one would know. I close my eyes and picture a small baby Harry in my arms. But I am trying to start a relationship with Cristiano. How can I if I am pregnant by another man? I still love Harry. I have feelings for Cris.

“I don’t know,” I finally answer. “I should be going. I’ve taken enough of your time,” I say moving out of his arms to stand.

He pulls me back down.

“AJ, you shouldn’t be alone right now. You don’t have to go,” he says looking into my eyes. “Stay,” he commands in a gentle voice, eyes locked on mine.

Slowly, I lean forward and press my lips to his. The kiss doesn’t erupt a fire in me like Harry’s did but the kiss still gives me butterflies and gives me hope.


Even though I haven’t officially moved in with Cristiano, I have been spending all my time with him at his home. We cook meals together, watch movies in the evenings after his practices. We are content staying in on the couch curled up together, my feet in his lap as he massages them.

Cris comes in from practice and drops a kiss gently on my lips.

“How’s the little one today?” he questions.

“Giving mommy a hard time,” I sigh. The day had been long and hard.

“AJ, we have to talk,” Cris says sitting down, his face serious.

I feel my stomach drop. This could not be good. Is he tired of me and wants me to move on? I slowly sit, worry in my eyes.

“It’s been a couple of weeks AJ, you need to tell him. He deserves to know,” Cris says gently.

I feel the tears welling up again. Cristiano is right.

“AJ, it is your choice what to do after Harry finds out. I just want you to know though, you will always have a home with me here in Spain, so will the baby,” Cris continues.

“Will you go to England with me?” I ask too afraid to go by myself.

Cristiano nods.

“I have some time off before the next game. I will make the arrangements.”

As he goes to his office, I pull out my cell phone and call Kate.

“AJ?” she asks answering.

“Yeah. It’s me. I just wanted to let you know I am coming to England.”

“Is everything ok?” she questions.

“Yes and no. I have to see Harry. Can you arrange that by any chance?” I ask nervously chewing my lip.

“He is here having dinner with me and William. Let me put him on.”

“What? Kate no!” I plead.

“AJ?” Harry asks getting on the phone.

I shut my eyes with a groan.

“Harry, hi,”

“Hey. Are you ok?” he questions.

“Yeah. Look I am coming to London. I have to speak with you, in person. Is that alright?” I blurt out.

“Um sure. Let me know when you are here. You have my number,” he reminds me.

I say my goodbyes and quickly get off the phone.

“We will be there tomorrow,” Cris says coming back.

“That soon?” I cry shocked.

“The sooner the better AJ,”

He sits with me on the couch and rubs my feet.

“It is going to be ok,” he promises quietly.

Sighing, we order take out for dinner. I decide to skip the movie for the night and go to my room to pack. In a folder I put the first ultrasounds in it along with some reports on the pregnancy. I have no idea how Harry is going to react and it terrifies me out of my wits. There is nothing I can do now but wait.
Chapter End Notes:
Trying to get back into writing again