- Text Size +
Harry’s Point Of View

I am not sure what to do about AJ. She doesn’t seem to quite get what I am feeling for her or she is maybe not interested. She seemed interested a few times but lately, it has been feeling as if she is putting up a wall between us. Yes she was different after I gave her my mother’s locket, yet I don’t think she truly trusts me. I am sure it is due to my bad boy reputation but still. Doesn’t she understand people grow up and change?

I am on my way to see her now. She is getting me ready for an army visit and I know it is really stressing her out. I don’t think I have seen a real smile on her face since the day of the game and locket.

“Good morning AJ,” I greet her strolling into the office.

She is bent over her desk reading a paper.

“Morning Harry. Sleep well?” she asks in a casual voice.

I eye her. She notices my silence and looks up with a frown. I bend over and press my lips lightly to her forehead. I notice that she is able to take smaller moves and slower intimacies rather than me going to fast.

“I slept alright. Thanks for asking,” I respond pulling back.

“Did you have breakfast?” she questions as she files a few papers that were strewn across her desk.

“Not yet, I thought we could go down together.”

She nods and yawns standing up.

“I suppose I could use a cup of tea or something,” she says off handedly.

I smirk. Like that would be the only thing she has. I casually slid my hand into hers and we head down together. Sitting at the table, I smile as she stretches and order for us.

“Two eggs benedict please,”

She shoots me an annoyed look.

“Are you trying to make me fat or something?” she complains.

I run a hand over her side, against her tummy and rest it on her hip.

“No worries there babe,” I assure her.

She rolls her eyes at me, squirming under my hand. I want to laugh knowing how freaked out she is but instead I take a seat. I open the newspaper as she yawns, still tired and shuts her eyes. I watch her carefully wondering what is causing the tense lines between her eyebrows. She has been stressed lately but isn’t willing to talk.

“Harry, I got a fax this morning,” AJ says suddenly breaking into my thoughts.

“Oh? What about?”

“When were you going to tell me you were doing another army tour?” she asked arms crossed.

I nearly choke. I hadn’t had time to warn her that I would be leaving for four months back to the war. I swallow hard and look away.

‘Nice Harry. Real nice,” she says sarcastically as our food is brought in.

“Listen AJ, I…”

“When did you plan on telling me huh? Were you going to send a post card from the war saying ‘Hey AJ, by the way, I am over seas fighting. Thanks for hanging around though’?”

“No. Of course not,”

“Then when!”

I ran my hand through my hair sighing frustrated. This was definitely not the way I had planned it at all. I look into her eyes, which are so full of hurt, that I can feel the pain, as cheesy as it sounds.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper looking down. “I did plan on telling you I just… I don’t know. I got scared and wasn’t sure how you’d react and well, I am selfish.”

She sighs a long, slow sigh that sent shivers down my spine. When she met my eyes, my heart stopped.

“This isn’t working.”

“What isn’t?”

“This! Us. Whatever this is exactly!”

I pushed back roughly away from the table and walked around to her. I yanked her chair back away from the table and knelt before her.

“Stop it AJ,” I say in a voice that is firm but soft. “Stop being afraid of me. You are in love with me, so let what fears you have go and just be with me,” I tell her staring hard at her. “I am in love with you too,” I add.

“You can’t mean that. We hardly know each other.”

“I know that a person can tell when they are in love. Are you gonna sit there and look at me and deny it?” I challenge her.

“It won’t work out Harry,” she speaks softly.

I kiss her silencing her. The fear radiating off of her shocks me, but in a way I also understand. I have my own fears.

“The eggs are getting cold,” I whisper into her hair and draw back.

I kiss her again and go back to my seat. Taking a deep breath, I sit and begin to eat. She gives me a shaky smile and does the same.

After breakfast, AJ goes back to work and I go find William. It is time for the talk.

“Oh Willie darling,” I call out as I enter his apartment.

He looks up from his desk with a smirk.

“Yes lovie?”

“We have to talk,” I announce and sit down on the couch.

He turns to face me and sits patiently waiting for me to speak.

“I’d like to ask AJ to marry me,” I announce.

William frowns.

“Harry, Kate and I are about to announce our engagement. You gave mothers ring to me..”

I rotate my shoulders and look at him again.

“I can propose with another ring, the thing is William, AJ is the one and I want to make it official,”

“You are going to have to talk with grandmum.”

“I need my brothers blessing,” I respond to him.

“Harry, if you truly love her, I will not stand in the way of your love. Does she love you back?” William questions.

I nod slowly.

“Yes, she does,”

“Why did you hesitate?” he catches on only in the way a brother can.

“She’s afraid,” I answer him truthfully.

“That is understandable,” William stands and walks over to me. “I wish you all of the happiness and love in the world Harry. You deserve it. I have seen the changes in you since AJ came into your life. You have my blessings to marry her if that is truthfully what you wish,”

I stand up with a smile excited.

“Thank you Wills,” I hug him and head out. Next stop, the queen.